Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

right i feel i am going mad, everytime i shave it causes razer burn and white heads, not to mention ingrown hairs.

how do i combat this nightmare. i hate shaving because of this

i know to shave with the grain.

was looking into the mens clinque M lotion aloe gel shaving gel.

so my understanding is, prep skin with exfoliator one with beads etc

then apply shaving product,

shave carefully

then what? moisturise? apply AHA? what !!

argh :|(

right i feel i am going mad, everytime i shave it causes razer burn and white heads, not to mention ingrown hairs.

how do i combat this nightmare. i hate shaving because of this

i know to shave with the grain.

was looking into the mens clinque M lotion aloe gel shaving gel.

so my understanding is, prep skin with exfoliator one with beads etc

then apply shaving product,

shave carefully

then what? moisturise? apply AHA? what !!

argh :|(

hey there i have the same bother with shaving i have been through it all tried everything and had varied results i feel that the key is to keep it short and sweet and try to keep irritation to a minimum you should if wet shaving try shaving after your shower so face is moist and hairs softened also a pre shave oil is very helpfull for reducing irritation dont use any expensive products trust me i have used them all clinique lab series mensience zirh ren baxter mario badescu ole henriksen the list goes on i have tried one blade two three etc although a lot will tell you one blade is the answer to ingrowns and the shaving holy grail take it from me it aint it has to many variable and too many risks and nine times out of ten you will come off worse for trying it i like a two bladed razor best as do a lot of others this i feel is the least irritating and hassle free option also much much cheaper than the rest of the options i use a bump fighter handle with old type trac 11 blades you can find them easy on ebay etc this or a two blades sensor or even a plastic blue 11 or goodnews disposable are the best options in this category. as for the oil the less rubbish in it the better as most mens products are loaded with menthol and alchohol which just wont be liked by your skin i use jojoba oil found on this site or heath stores it does not clog poores and has no irritating rubbish in it abasic gel is a good option agian with no menthol etc some even say aloe vera gel can be used i have yet to try this but not too sure on this one yet also do as you already know shave carefully and with short srtokes a few inches at a time dont go over the same area twice rinse after every stroke and then rinse that is it no cross grain against grain or touch ups as this will invite irritation and redness if your doing it right that should be enough to give you a nice shave with minimum fuss and irritation then rinse and either moistuise with gentle option or use jojoba oil or aloe vera gel as after shave as nearly all others have needless rubbish in them so again keep it as simple as you can its not a race prepare with hot shower some oil then gel or cream short with the grain strokes and rinse . if your skin is inflamed with ingrowns you really need to take a break from shaving and let the hair grow through and skin heal this could take some weeks depending on your face and beard etc but this will then let you start over onse you have cleared the aresa up a bit for me i am finding using a bha or salycilic acid twice a day helps i am also usins atee tree gell after it twice a day and a few drops jojoba for moisture this have been revolutionary for me and this is why i finally decided to write as i feel ingrown hairs to be such a problem for a lot o people and not a lot of options ot help going on these thing all in combination have really helped with my face in generall blackheads clogged pores and shaving problems i used the dkr for two months and it just never seemed to do any thing except irritate i stopped using bp and put in the tea tree gel clean and clear exfoliating daily wash and the bha lotion jojoba into the mix and i have seen almost immediate and dramatic results on the whole you want to keep irritating ingradients away from your face this goes hand in hand with shaving also change blade after three uses and if you get ingrown hairs resist plucking it try and lift it from the skin covering it with a clean or new needle and then clean face and disinfect it with bha and or tea tree oil this helps in the long run as the skin can heal and hair is no longer acting as a foriegn body if you pluck as i did for years you will be doing it for ever as the hairs will just keep ingrowing and you will alway face the same problems but i learened the hard and long way to not pluck and to try to heal vbefore doing much sahving again also i only shave every second or even third day as any more will be too irritating for my skin also i often take a break from wet shaves for i while and just trim wth beard trimmer or some times use electric i feel single foil types to be best and least irritating so sorry for blabbing on all this has just kept coming out of my thought i hope you can make some sense of it and find some of it helpfull as ther really is no cure for the ingrown problems we face just need to try and prevent them as much as possible and the above has been the best for me on my long and paifull not to mention expensive journey .... :boohoo: