Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjoseskin

Embryonic Stem Cell Research

Do some of you think had the Bush administration not actively suppressed embyronic stem sell research, we would 8 years later be very close to having a possible cure for scars of all types. Meaning today there could be a cure, or possibly a cure in clinical trials and awaiting FDA approval. Now with Obama hopefully 8 yrs from now we will get close to a cure.

What I' leading into, is there some way we can urge the current administration to focus more on this topic. How can we be more pro-active in getting federal money into the hands of researchers that are willing to study wound healing and scar repair. I have a feeling a lot of the federal money is going to go into neuron cell regeneration, since that seems most important.

I did an edit to remove the comment about religion/science. That way this discussion can stay more civil, and to the topic.

Edited by sanjoseskin

See, it's gonna get ugly..

I think you are right. woopsy. too bad I can't remove the post. I didn't think about the deep passion people have about embryos and life.

woopsy daisy

I still think research in this area can possibly help us, or at the least help future scars to heal properly without scarring.

SanJose, I totally agree that Bush set science back 8 years, but I won't get into a religious discussion here. Anyone interested in that type of discussion would do better to go here. Just be prepared for some pretty deep discussions.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/FreeThinkers3/?

I did an edit of my original post, I want this to be a pro-active discussion, you guys are right talking about religion and science together stirs up too much negativity and passion from both sides of the argument.

How was that fool ever re-elected. 4 years wouldn't have been that bad but 8 is quite a long time...

Edited by AcnePwns