Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiszLatasha

ugh i hate my face!

im getting very frustrated and sad because although my acne may seem very mild i have marks all over my face i honestly hate the way i look i feel so ugly i dont even want to be around guys anymore ... acne products make my skin worse so what should i do??

im getting very frustrated and sad because although my acne may seem very mild i have marks all over my face i honestly hate the way i look i feel so ugly i dont even want to be around guys anymore ... acne products make my skin worse so what should i do??

keep it simple. don't go crazy. first, analyze what you're doing. start with your cleanser. maybe it's too strong and irritates your skin too much. i've always read that cleansers shouldn't be that complicated. visit dan's regimen pages to get tips on that. maybe you're allergice to bp. if not, maybe you're putting too much on. start slow until you get adjusted. also, always apply lotion to make sure your skin isn't irritated. lastly, if none of that works, analyze you're diet. diet is a LARGE factor in acne. there's alot of threads on this site that talk about it. check it out!

I feel the same way, but around girls. My self-confidence has decreased and chicks don't dig it. I try to avoid conversations with hot chicks cause of my acne. Read this post it helped me figure out what I needed to change.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Biggest-M...le-t102347.html

Like the guy said earlier, keep it simple.

I used to use proactiv and it cleared some of my pimples, but it left my skin uneven and fucked up. sorry for my language, but i felt it was necessary.

thanks guys i think im ellergic to half the acne products lmao its really sad i try to laugh about it to keep from crying :'( but do any of you know of a good mild cleanser?

maybe try to treat acne from the inside.

if you look up vitamins for acne on google there are SO many good websites out there to help you find what vitamins are best for you whetther you have oily/dry whatever skin! its really cool!

and think about natural home remedies. im using apple cider vinegar as a toner and it is helping alooottttttt with my red marks!

You may also be getting stains from your acne if you pick at it. You can try a gentle exfoliant like glycol, microdermabrasion or bleaches (Not sure if this applies for your skin type). You may also want to check this out:

Hope that helps

J

thanks guys i think im ellergic to half the acne products lmao its really sad i try to laugh about it to keep from crying :'( but do any of you know of a good mild cleanser?

Have you tried Dove soap? I wash with that and then immediately follow it with BP. It helps alot for me. And I know how you feel. I only have 1 active pimple now (its tiny) but I have really bad hyperpigmentation - big ugly brown spots :(

Vitamins help too. 50mg of zinc & 10,000 IU of Vitamin A daily have been a miracle for me.

Edited by red2528

Yea apple cider vinegar works for me for the red marks as well.. and also AHA has been so helpful in making my skin more even tone and just helps the overall look and feel of my skin.. if you have mild acne i would certainly recommend AHA

Edited by ThatGuyZ

You can try a gentle exfoliant like glycol, microdermabrasion or bleaches (Not sure if this applies for your skin type). You may also want to check this out:

Hope that helps

J

I tried microdermabrasion and it worked for me. ;-) It actually worked wonder! I'm trying to remember I used the home kit. I forgot the name. When I remember, i'll post it here.

You got to see a dermotologist.

And stick with whatever they tell you to do.

Everybody responds different to different things. So what works for one may not work for another, ya know?

The only things that may work for everyone is to drink more water.