Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
futurepilot

What am I doing wrong?

Hey everyone,

After being on the regimen now for just over 3 months, I'm not really sure what to do. The regimen started working real gpod about 3 weeks ago but then I had some really late nights and early mornings and was just way to tired to do my regimen ( I know its a sorry excuse.). So since then I've been trying to make the regimen work again but it just seems that it's pimple after pimple and i feel like im back at square one again. The only thing I can think of that may be messing upp the regimen is that I dont wait 10 minutes after I get out of the shower to put on the BP. I usually put it on within 5 minutes. Other than that I have no idea why it's not working. Just having all these red marks on my chin lowers my self confidence. And its not just my chin but its my forehead to and my shoulders + back. All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dustin

I've heard that even if you skip just one evening or morning application, then you can break out. Since pimples take a few weeks to form, it could be that they just are forming from when the BP wasn't applied on them; therefore, there was oxygen for the bacteria to grow. Definitely try to do it every morning and night, and if you can't, be okay with having a zit or two :). I've found that BP and AHA+ dries out the zits that occur REALLY quickly though, so even if you get one, they should only be around for a few days.

I would give it 4 months of applying the regime every day without missing a session and seeing what the results are then, and watch the videos a few times just to check you are doing everything correctly. Missing just a few sessions can cause major breakouts, especially in the first 3 months or so.

Hey everyone,

After being on the regimen now for just over 3 months, I'm not really sure what to do. The regimen started working real gpod about 3 weeks ago but then I had some really late nights and early mornings and was just way to tired to do my regimen ( I know its a sorry excuse.). So since then I've been trying to make the regimen work again but it just seems that it's pimple after pimple and i feel like im back at square one again. The only thing I can think of that may be messing upp the regimen is that I dont wait 10 minutes after I get out of the shower to put on the BP. I usually put it on within 5 minutes. Other than that I have no idea why it's not working. Just having all these red marks on my chin lowers my self confidence. And its not just my chin but its my forehead to and my shoulders + back. All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dustin

Most people get best results if the regimen is followed precisely. The waiting times are important and so is using it religiously twice a day every single day. I'm going to link you to the biggest mistakes page. http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Hope that helps.