Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soccersweetie1101

Zinc in the morning or at night?

Hello everyone! :D

okay, so i was wondering if you guys usually take zinc tablets with breakfeast or with dinner??

and if either way is more effective, etc.

i already took my first zinc in the morning, and happpyyy to report nooo side effects!

okay, so i was wondering if you guys usually take zinc tablets with breakfeast or with dinner??

i already took my first zinc in the morning, and happpyyy to report nooo side effects!

I take zinc twice a day. Breakfast and dinner, but that's only because they're 15mg each.

I take zinc twice a day. Breakfast and dinner, but that's only because they're 15mg each.

ohhh, where did you find a dose that low?

the lowest i found is 50mg, from cvs

It shouldn't matter whether you take it in the morning or day. However, always take zinc with food as it can make some people sick.

I could only find 50mg pills too. Mine have a score mark on the back so I just break them in half and take a half each day. If yours has a score mark I recommend doing that as taking to much zinc can cause a copper deficiency. However, I doubt you'll have a problem with 50mg unless your super skinny, as I am, which in that case, I recommend you get a pill cutter thing they sell at practically all drugstores, cvs, etc and chopping them in half.

I've been taking zinc for maybe a month now and I've seen what I believe are good results. I'm also a smoker though and I know smokers have a lowered ability to absorb zinc.

Definitely don't take two 50mg... lol. Or at least I can't.

I found it better taking them at night just so I wouldn't have to deal with a portion of the side effects. Just because you aren't seeing any now doesn't mean there won't be, it took me like 3 days before I felt that shit. Oh man. :|

I found it better taking them at night just so I wouldn't have to deal with a portion of the side effects. Just because you aren't seeing any now doesn't mean there won't be, it took me like 3 days before I felt that shit. Oh man. :|

lol alright ill try to find a lower dose somewhere.

and what were your side effects exactly?? :eh:

Dizzyness, headaches, feeling weak, constantly tired, and charley horses.

The charley horses are what made me stop for good. I haven't gotten them since getting off of the zinc and they were horrendous. :(

(And this is when I was taking it with meals..)

If you would of researched you would know that 100mg of zinc is wayyy to much to be taking. Alot of girls are also rather small/petite.

If you would of taken 25-30mg zinc, I'm sure you wouldn't of had bad side effects.

I didn't take two 100mg. I took 50mg a day.

YoshWakalaka said she took two 15mg a day, so I was letting the OP know that she shouldn't try two 50mg because yes, it is dangerous.

Don't be rude.

I have been taking 50 mg a day with breakfast for several months now. I actually took 100mg a day (once in morning and once at night) for about a month with no side effects. I stopped after doing a bit more research though. And the good thing is that it HAS helped - especially for body acne. I take Chelated GNC brand by the way.

Edited by red2528

I have been taking 50 mg a day with breakfast for several months now. I actually took 100mg a day (once in morning and once at night) for about a month with no side effects. I stopped after doing a bit more research though. And the good thing is that it HAS helped - especially for body acne. I take Chelated GNC brand by the way.

awesome! how much has it helped and what kind of acne do/did you have? and does it help with red marks on your face?

YoshWakalaka said she took two 15mg a day, so I was letting the OP know that she shouldn't try two 50mg because yes, it is dangerous.

Don't be rude.

lol i know right?

awesome! how much has it helped and what kind of acne do/did you have? and does it help with red marks on your face?

I had mild type but moderate quantity of acne on my face. My back would occasionally form painful cysts but I havent had one of those since I started taking zinc several months ago. I would say that overall zinc cleared me up 25-30% on my face and maybe up to 50% on my body. I also noticed that the spots healed alot quicker when I took the zinc. As for red marks I havent noticed much of a difference. Watching my diet, and taking vitamin A & Niacin has helped me as well. I am almost clear!

Edited by red2528

I had mild type but moderate quantity of acne on my face. My back would occasionally form painful cysts but I havent had one of those since I started taking zinc several months ago. I would say that overall zinc cleared me up 25-30% on my face and maybe up to 50% on my body. I also noticed that the spots healed alot quicker when I took the zinc. As for red marks I havent noticed much of a difference. Watching my diet, and taking vitamin A & Niacin has helped me as well. I am almost clear!

thankyou! deffff looking into vitamin a!!!

and what is niacin?

First of all, your pic is blurry and that is unacceptable ;]

Second, I haven't found that it matters a whole lot WHEN you take it, just take it whenever you are about to have a solid meal and then it tends to absorb best.

Edit: taking 50mg/day

Edited by pitymeplease

Don't be rude.

lol i know right?

Just because I was wrong doesn't mean I was being rude. Although I'm sorry if you took it that way.

The reason for my serious tone was because if you look around on here you will notice a lot of people do overdose on vitamins/minerals and doing that can cause a lot of problems further down the line.

thankyou! deffff looking into vitamin a!!!

and what is niacin?

Niacin is a fancy name for vitamin b3. It didnt help much with acne itself but it did help with my oily skin issues. So if you have oily skin you can look into it.

I take it at night.

30 mg zinc

500 mg magnesium

1000 mg calcium

Vitamin C

Melatonin

Excellent sleep / recovery stack. Be prepared for some lucid dreams.

First of all, your pic is blurry and that is unacceptable ;]

Second, I haven't found that it matters a whole lot WHEN you take it, just take it whenever you are about to have a solid meal and then it tends to absorb best.

Edit: taking 50mg/day

lol what about the picture?

and okay, thanks!