Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I've been looking around and researching trying to find the next best thing I wanna try for acne. I was reading some websites and I think MSM may be the next thing I try but before I buy any I wanted to hear if anyone here has had any experience with MSM? Positive or negative, all is welcome. Thanks.

I tried msm after a thread about getting enough sulfer as a way of helping your skin. Not good on my part, gave me mega break outs on my neck and I didn't realize it until I ran out and didn't get anymore. Just my experience. Elf

Well I hope I have different results :/ How much were you taking a day? I just took my first dose, it tastes kinda yucky.

Edited by Jay326

ive been taking it for maybe 3 years. I take it in capsule form so i dont taste it. When i increase the dose, my hair and nails grow really fast but i dont take that much. I take it with vitamin c because i read it absorbs better, i dunno. As far as acne, im not sure if it helps or not but i take it for my keloid scars.

Go here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums and search for MSM. You will find tons of threads about people talking about how great it is and what dosages they take. They say it is awesome for hair and nails and is helping their skin too.

I have been taking MSM on and off for the past 3-4 years. I have never really taken it too consistently until the past 1-2 weeks. I have always used crystals/powder and it always tastes terrible which is why I have only usually taken it 1-2 times a week until recently.

You need to start slow and work up to 2g. I am now trying to take at least 10g and may go closer to 20. There are lots of people on that forum above that much. I have heard it is safe to take up to 10g.

Make sure to drink plenty of water while taking MSM.

It does seem to be helping my skin and cause less breakouts.

I always drink only water. Also I read on a few different sites that MSM is extremely safe, even safer than table salt and that studies have shown that people have taken up to 70g a day without any negative side effects. Not saying anyone take that much but yeah just saying!

ive been taking it for maybe 3 years. I take it in capsule form so i dont taste it. When i increase the dose, my hair and nails grow really fast but i dont take that much. I take it with vitamin c because i read it absorbs better, i dunno. As far as acne, im not sure if it helps or not but i take it for my keloid scars.

Will it help acne scars? =]