Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cynic

Application of BP..?

OK - at the moment I've only got PanOxyl 2.5%(I'm in the UK), but am probably going to order a tube of Dan's BP soon-ish. Anyway, I figure it's still BP gel so hopefully my questions can be answered anyway. smile.gif

It says on the tube do not apply to individual spots, only the general area where acne is present, is this true, and something I should stick to? I always though if I applied it to the spots/cysts directly, it'd dry them out and hopefully cure them a bit.

Also, would I continue applying the gel when I was looking a bit clearer in one particular area - from experience, the stuff has always irritated my skin badly (I have very sensitive skin sad.gif )..

Thanks. smile.gif

You'll want to apply to anywhere where you break out. You can apply to spots, but what they are saying is not to apply JUST to the spots themselves. It is preventative, so apply everywhere you may break out.

START SLOWLY to avoid irritation. Also, from what I have read on here, people think panoxyl is irritating. I have not tried it myself.

You'll want to apply to anywhere where you break out.  You can apply to spots, but what they are saying is not to apply JUST to the spots themselves.  It is preventative, so apply everywhere you may break out.

START SLOWLY to avoid irritation.  Also, from what I have read on here, people think panoxyl is irritating.  I have not tried it myself.