Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demoiselle

I'm getting married...NEED ACCUTANE!!!

Oh my gosh, another military wife?! Woohoo! I'm a military girlfriend! : D We should all start a club, I think. hahaha. And also, PUT ME ON THE LIST FOR WEDDING CAKE FREEBIES. I don't like cake that much, but wedding cake just seems so much better somehow. Especially 'cause yours is SO PRETTY. I am obsessed with wedding stuff, as well as Accutane logs. So I'm gonna be alll overrr this one. :]

And from what I can see in your pictures, your skin isn't bad at allll. Seriously. You're such a pretty girl! Keep your chin up and don't be discouraged by the mirror! (Or unfortunate lighting!)

Oh my gosh, another military wife?! Woohoo! I'm a military girlfriend! : D We should all start a club, I think. hahaha. And also, PUT ME ON THE LIST FOR WEDDING CAKE FREEBIES. I don't like cake that much, but wedding cake just seems so much better somehow. Especially 'cause yours is SO PRETTY. I am obsessed with wedding stuff, as well as Accutane logs. So I'm gonna be alll overrr this one. :]

And from what I can see in your pictures, your skin isn't bad at allll. Seriously. You're such a pretty girl! Keep your chin up and don't be discouraged by the mirror! (Or unfortunate lighting!)

Thankyou! It was just timing that I cleared up a lot before I started Accutane. Go figure. Well at least this will prevent it from coming back like it always does.

Day 9

I had a breakout...on my back. My face was hardly even touched. I have 1 that was on my left cheek but it's been there for a while so it's just kinda hanging out still, but really, nothing is happening other than dryness and my back taking a hit. No one sees my back anyways so I could care less.

I met with a photographer today for the pictures, and they are so awesome!! I had originally wanted to go with my best friend's parents (the own a photography place) but I decided to go with this other company since my bff's parents seem to lack organization and won't quote me an exact price. This place has a complete package including engagement photos and I LOVE THEM. They gave us a 10% discount because my fiancee is in the military. WOOT!

I'm off to go take a nap. I swear, I'm so incredibly tired. Stupid aunt flow...

Day 10

Man, my face is getting dry! It's crazy. In the morning when I put on my SPF lotion, it BURNS. It may be because I do gentle exfoliation in the morning. I have no clue. For the most part, I'm doing pretty well. Lips are crazy chapped. I just want to slather tons of moisturizer on my face all the time. It's hilarious. During the middle of the day it feels like my face is in a mask or something, or like my skin is going to crack because it's so dry. You know when you have a mask on and it dries, and then you move your face and it cracks...it feels like my face is doing that.

I don't really have much else to chat about or to update about. I'm getting ready to go to the drag races tomorrow. Should be fun. Pray for me that I don't get burned!! I'll update on Monday!

Hope ya have a sweet ass time at the races! Keeping my fingers crossed you dont get burned!

Thankyou!! It was really cloudy all weekend so I didn't get burned!! Yay!

It's now day 12 and I still have the same symptoms that I've had, except the peeling around my nose has lessened. I can't tell if it's from the gentle exfoliation daily or if it's just slowly tapering off. I'm a bit sensitive to anything put on my face now. Even my Moisture Surge makes my skin burn a little bit. It doesn't last long, but those first few seconds make it seem like my skin is on fire. I was also bad this weekend and didn't really drink a ton of water like I had been. I'm probably going to end up paying for that. :(

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Sorry there wasn't much to update on. My journal is so boring right now!!

Hope ya have a sweet ass time at the races! Keeping my fingers crossed you dont get burned!

Thankyou!! It was really cloudy all weekend so I didn't get burned!! Yay!

It's now day 12 and I still have the same symptoms that I've had, except the peeling around my nose has lessened. I can't tell if it's from the gentle exfoliation daily or if it's just slowly tapering off. I'm a bit sensitive to anything put on my face now. Even my Moisture Surge makes my skin burn a little bit. It doesn't last long, but those first few seconds make it seem like my skin is on fire. I was also bad this weekend and didn't really drink a ton of water like I had been. I'm probably going to end up paying for that. :(

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Sorry there wasn't much to update on. My journal is so boring right now!!

Holy crap, I just realized you're in Arizona.

I grew up there. What part are you in? Man, I can't imagine how dry you must be. I'm in Delaware now, where it's pretty humid and I'm barely coping with the dryness.

Have you tried Aquaphor? Super super gentle (my face has been burning a bit recently every time I put on moisturizer - but NOT with Aquaphor!), and great for lips and skin. Since it's really thick and greasy, I don't wear it during the day, but I put it on the areas that are peeling at night. So last night I put it on my nose and nose area, and this morning they look pretty good!

Congratulations!!!

I just caught up on your log and kept thinking HOW DID I NEED SEE YOU EARLIER!!! I'm getting married this October and my marital bliss is also what has pushed me to try accutane :D

It's stressing me out big time right now thinking that I may not be clear for stuff like showers and engagment pics and god forbid (knocking on wood) the wedding :P Fingers and toes are crossed that it will all work out :)

How long are you on your dose for? Are you going to increase at all or stay at what your at?

how are wedding plans going?!?! Do you have a dress yet :D That's clearly the most exciting part... (I definately have a Say Yes to the Dress addiction :)) although I had my cake tasting last weekend and I swear all I want to serve at my wedding is cake now :) You know one course vanilla, one course chocolate lol.

I'm rooting for you and I hope you'll look amazing pre-wedding! Good luck with everything!

Edited by michellemac

Day 13

The dryness of my skin is incredibly annoying. I swear, I'm going to have to buy that greasy moisturizer the dermatologist gave me samples of to put on at night because it's just, rediculous. Also, my lips look like hell. It's just, sad. On top of all this, I have to start taking Amoxicillin tomorrow because I'm having a root canal on Thursday. Not sure how that is going to react with everything, but I hope I do ok. Also, forgot to add that on Friday I'll be getting my blood drawn again.

Headtrip_honey: I'm in Tucson. The derm actually gave me samples of something from this MD line that was really greasy. I guess I'll have to pick up some of the Aquaphor to see how I like that stuff. I just hate feeling greasy. Yuck.

Michellemac: Congrats on your engagement as well! When did you start your Accutane and how long is your course? I'm hoping that all of this will be over with before September. I was told it should be by early August. I'm crossing my fingers. I'm also hoping that if I do get an initial breakout that the makeup will cover it. Thankfully, we can't shoot engagement photos until after May, so I should be doing pretty good by then I would imagine. The planning is going really well. My bridesmaids finally have all agreed on a style of dress, I have had my dress since November. I too am incredibly addicted to Say Yes to the Dress. I just didn't spend quite as much as those girls do on a dress. The whole only serve cake thing is pretty interesting. I would totally do that as well. Maybe throw in some pretzels or something too. HEHE. Did you decide on any type of cake?

Edited by demoiselle

Seems like things are going good for you and the tane!!! I am getting married as well and started my Accutane treatment just 10 days ago!!! I can totally relate on the stress of it, especially when your gettin' married!!! We are supposed to be the "queen of the night"... and who wants to have acne ;) Best of luck to you and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!! Ill think of u and your beautiful skin as I walk down my isle in July!!!!!

Hey!

The dryness does suck :P My face is peeling on a daily basis, it's like dandruff only the skin is flaking off my face onto my nice black work blouse lol I know it's so attractive :)

Thanks for the congrats :) According to my derms plan, I think he wants to keep my on my dose for 29 weeks total... it's been 12 so far so that takes me to about July. BUT that's assuming I can't convince him to consider maybe increasing my dose tomorrow. I'm actually pretty torn about that. I really would like to get this over with faster ... but I don't want a horribly monstrous IB. especially since I'm finally having a good face week! It only took three months lol the thought of it getting bad again sucks

I did choose a cake! It's chocolatey as you can get (at the request of my fiance lol) and it's four layers with fondant draped down each layer, it almost looks like layers of sparkly ivory fabric. Then we'll throw on some flowers :) I also got my bridesmaids into their dresses as of Saturday! :) It's nice to have them all sorted out :) Now I just have to wait for my dress :D What does your dress look like! :)

As for the cake diner.... hmmm, and pretzels may be ok ... but only those big salty ones you get from the mall... mmm healthiest wedding ever ;) my fiance would love this menu! I had to fight to get him on board with the salad course lol

anways good luck! I know you'll look stunning and raddiant and beautiful for you wedding :D

Day 13

Headtrip_honey: I'm in Tucson. The derm actually gave me samples of something from this MD line that was really greasy. I guess I'll have to pick up some of the Aquaphor to see how I like that stuff. I just hate feeling greasy. Yuck.

Love Tucson! I grew up in Mesa but used to take trips down there all the time.

I totally sympathize with your hate of greasiness, but really, it's worth it to stop peeling.

Everything alright????? Just being nosey....

Yes, thank you hon. :)

Day 16

Still incredibly dry. I bought Aquaphor the other day and have been applying nightly. I haven't seen much of a difference but it's only been 2 nights so I suspect I won't really see results for another couple of days. The inside of my nose is crazy chapped. It doesn't help that my allergies have been acting up so when I sneeze I irritate it and then my nose starts bleeding.

I only have 1 breakout on my chin. I was a bad girl and tried to push it out. That wasn't a smart idea. I just ended up making it worse. I have been noticing that my nose is really rough and almost like sand paper. I'm not sure if it's because my pores are trying to expel the clogged pores? Also, I'm seeing little black dots all over under my skin. I really hope they don't turn into crazy blackheads, my skin is looking so good right now other than it being dry!!

Other Things

I've started the Self Challenge 2010, and went shopping for the supplies today. Man, so many things and it's so expensive. Cost me $120 in groceries. Granted I did pick up some VitaCoco Coconut Water (a friend said it helps with skin and has at least twice the potassium of a banana). I just got the plain stuff, not flavored, and now im wishing they had let me taste it before I bought it. I honestly don't know if I think it's good or bad. It's got a weird taste to it. Not sure how to make it better.

I had a root canal today. Trying to eat is pretty agonizing right now, because it's still pretty sensitive, even though im eating on the other side. I swear, all of this stuff to get me in gear is just wearing me out. I've had back to back dentist appointments for the last month.

I went to Michaels today to get the invitation card stock that I wanted. I decided to save money and do them on my own. Once I get my printer some new ink I'll make them and then post pictures here. I basically got the idea from Michaels.com and just changed the colors to purple and silver. The wax sealer for the envelope is also silver. TEEHEE.

Day 18

Finally a day where I don't have to wear makeup!! I don't know why I'm so happy about that, but I am. It's too much work sometimes!

No new actives, and the one on my chin has calmed down. I still have a bunch of little black dots all over under my skin, but they aren't noticeable. The pores on my nose seem to be trying to expel all of the crap in them. One of them was bugging me last night so I took some tweezers and grabbed a hold of it and pulled it out. It was weird, and it left a crater of a pore. After that I decided to just let them expel naturally. That pore is probably going to get clogged again...

Here are some new pics from my webcam. Yaaaay...

post-22685-1267299452_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1267299457_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1267299461_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1267299452_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1267299457_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1267299461_thumb.jpg

Day 20

I can't believe how the time seems to just fly by. Day 20 already?! It seems like I may be seeing the first signs of an IB. I had a lovely spot pop up on the right side of my nose by my eyebrow. It looks oh so lovely. /sarcasm I also had one pop up on the left side under my mouth. My skin has also changed in appearance, or so it seems to me. I was done peeling on my nose until this morning when I started sneezing violently and took off a chunk of skin. Burned like hell when I washed my face. I'm also starting to get the aches and pains (it woke me up on Sunday) and itching. I had a rash on my lower left arm and chest for most of today. Everyone kept commenting on how red my skin looked at work. I wasn't a happy camper.

Well anyways, I'll leave it at that. Gotta go make dinner!

Ah the joys of accutane side effects :P

Don't worry they'll mellow out in a bit, it's like the accutane just has to make sure you know it's there and paying attention and then it backs off again :)

Do you find your Clinique moisturizer is keeping you really moisturized all day? I'm using Cetaphil and my skin feels good when it goes on in the morning but by 10 -11 I'm dry and peeling again!

Which would be fine except I can't really re-moisturize over my makeup at work :P and I'm definately not taking half an hour to re-do all my makeup again :P So I'm thinking I may need a more extensive long lasting moisturizer ... either that or I have to just suck it up :P lol

how are wedding plans for you ?

Time is sorta flying by huh...but still crawling! I woke up yesterday morning with 2 new whiteheads on my forehead adn they suck..I picked at one above my eyebrow an dnow it is a nasty red scab..Gotta stop touching shit!

Day 25

Man, I lost count of the days. The IB hasn't really arrived like I thought it was going to. I got 3 actives and that's it. And they are really tiny and aren't bothering me. So really, this is nothing. I go see my derm on the 12th and I haven't done my lab values yet...do you think if i get them done tomorrow they will be ready in time?! Crap, I should have done it last week but I had such a killer headache. The rash/itchyness is about the same, although I have been itching in my sleep apparently...I took off some skin on my legs. So not attractive. I'll have to talk to my derm about that. My eyes are still ok with having the contacts in. I get blurry vision every now and then but i just put some drops in and go for a walk at work when that happens. Gives my eyes a break for a little bit.

michellemac: The Clinique moisturizer has been helping, but I definitely have going on what you're experiencing with getting dry during the day. However, most of my peeling has subsided (for now?) so I don't get that cracking feeling. I bought another jar because I'm addicted to that stuff, but I may stop by the Clinique counter soon to see what my consultant says. She's never pointed me in the wrong direction. I may look into this stuff on Sephora.com that is supposed to help during the day and over makeup. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P255906 At one time I know Ulta carried Evian Mineral Water mist. Sephora carries it, but online only.

PrettySpotty!: You need to stop picking! Ya I know...look who's talking...LOL!

Day 25

Man, I lost count of the days. The IB hasn't really arrived like I thought it was going to. I got 3 actives and that's it. And they are really tiny and aren't bothering me. So really, this is nothing. I go see my derm on the 12th and I haven't done my lab values yet...do you think if i get them done tomorrow they will be ready in time?! Crap, I should have done it last week but I had such a killer headache. The rash/itchyness is about the same, although I have been itching in my sleep apparently...I took off some skin on my legs. So not attractive. I'll have to talk to my derm about that. My eyes are still ok with having the contacts in. I get blurry vision every now and then but i just put some drops in and go for a walk at work when that happens. Gives my eyes a break for a little bit.

michellemac: The Clinique moisturizer has been helping, but I definitely have going on what you're experiencing with getting dry during the day. However, most of my peeling has subsided (for now?) so I don't get that cracking feeling. I bought another jar because I'm addicted to that stuff, but I may stop by the Clinique counter soon to see what my consultant says. She's never pointed me in the wrong direction. I may look into this stuff on Sephora.com that is supposed to help during the day and over makeup. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P255906 At one time I know Ulta carried Evian Mineral Water mist. Sephora carries it, but online only.

PrettySpotty!: You need to stop picking! Ya I know...look who's talking...LOL!

My derm always says to get your labs done about 3 days before your appt. So I get mine done on a Friday, then have my appt on Monday. So you should be fine!

My derm always says to get your labs done about 3 days before your appt. So I get mine done on a Friday, then have my appt on Monday. So you should be fine!

Yay! Thanks! That will make me rest easier.

Day 30

I took my last pill this morning. It's going to suck being without for a day. Altho I don't think 1 day will make much of a difference. New and improved symptoms folks! My arms are CRAZY alligator scaly. They are soooo rough and dry, and when I put moisturizer on them it burns like my face used to. I have also noticed a slight rash there as well. (TMI INC!!!) Also, the past couple of days when I have a bowel movement it kinda hurts. I mean, im not constipated or anything it just hurts...and then I've noticed when I wipe it's kinda pink tinged. Not full on blood though. I don't know what the hell happened. I've read that if you have abdominal pain you should worry, and I don't have that but I'm definitely going to report it to my derm tomorrow. One good thing, I don't really have to use the Aquaphor at night anymore. I think my face is getting used to this whole thing. The only issue with dryness is around breakouts, and I only have 3 actives right now, although the one by my right eye is trying to die, I just gotta quit picking at it.

As for wedding planning, I found a harp player who is free to play at my wedding, so next Wednesday I'm going to go meet with her and hear her play, etc. I'm also in the process of making my invitations. I have them mostly done, I'm just waiting for this embossing stencil and a template kit to come in so I can make the vellum butterfly sleeves to go over the invitations. I would say that I will scan one for you all to see, but for some odd reason the scanning feature of this lovely printer we just bought, won't scan. Go figure. I'll try to snap a picture of it with my Nikon when they are done.

I had work done on my teeth today, AGAIN. They had to do buildup for my crowns, made new temporaries (because the other ones were crap and I was biting weird) so I took some Tramadol. At one point my gums would not stop bleeding. They had to stop and put medicine on it and have me bite down on gauze for like 10 minutes until it stopped. So 2 more weeks and I'll get my permanent crowns and then after that I just need fillings and I'll be set. Well until next year and then I'll be getting an implant from the tooth that had to be pulled because I chipped it so bad (tongue ring). So overall, tons of work. Plus I want to do the Zoom teeth whitening system before my engagement pictures. The in office one is $400 and the at home is $250. I'm not sure it's worth it...as I could just use the Crest Whitestrips. Meh, anyways, I'll stop boring you guys.

I hope everyone is having a good week. We're almost to the weekend!!!!

Day 31

Had my derm appointment today. They are a little worried about my Triglycerides as the first time they tested I was 93 and now I'm 195, so they are having me tested again. She's not too concerned about it really. I was given a script for Triamcinolone 0.1% Oint because I have a lovely rash on my arms. She took one look at my back and said "Wow, you're really dry." I really don't want to look at my back now. LOL. So, I'm now patiently waiting for them to update the Ipledge system so I can go fill my scripts but I have a feeling it is going to make me wait until Monday, which means I'll be without Claravis for 3 days!!! GRRRR. I hate that stupid program. It should be a drug that shouldn't be stopped suddenly. But, what do I know.

Ugh..My Triglycerides have doubled but they were not to worried about it since he said they will return to normal when I get off this crazy med! I hope all is well with you today