Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tamsinstatic

THIS REGIME IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!

Hi everyone :)

I'm new to the boards here, and really the only real reason I joined up was simply to shared my wonderful success story with you all :clap:

I am 26 years old -- and about 4 years ago, I had quite a serious break out of, what was medically diagnosed as, "adult acne". As a teen, I never suffered from acne, not even one or two single pimples - I was one of the lucky ones, but in my second year of study in Advanced Beauty Therapy and Make up Artistry, my luck came to an end.

Within a week of having the horrible break out, I visited my GP, where I was diagnosed with a moderate case of AA. I was prescribed a course of MINOMYCIN, which I had to take two times a day, for 6 months - with it being a whole 3 months before I saw even a SLIGHT bit of improvement. All in all though, after the 6 months was over - my skin WAS beautiful. It was smooth, supple, spot free, no redness, no dry spots and almost glowing.

My luck continued for the next few years as my skin seemed to remain in the quality state it had been for most of my life. Until about a month ago - all of a sudden, I had a terrible, terrible break out. At night I noticed it had begun only on my forehead, along my hair line. By morning, it was covering most of my forehead. Within two days, it was all over my cheeks, both sides of the side burn area, on my nose ... and by the third day, they were swollen, red, sore ... and inbetween both exterior sides of my nose, were small white pustulles. Not pleasant, and very painful. :cry:

Reluctant to go to the doctor again ... I decided to try a different approach, hoping that it would be something I was able to target myself without medication. So after a whole lot of Googling and researching, I came across "Dan's Regime".

I was eager to try this regime out almost instantly - so being in Australia, I didn't have the patience to wait to order products from the site, I wanted things now now now!! So the next morning I set off to the closest "Chemist Warehouse", and had a look at their products.

I purchased a product which is very common, named "BENZAC", in the 2.5% percent. It only cost me around $9.00 - I then picked up a small bottle of Cetaphil, for dry/sensitive skin, which also only cost around $9.00 - then for my moisturiser use, I picked up a small tube of a lightweight sorbolene cream by Redwin, which was only around $4.00.

I started the regime as soon as I got home. I gently washed my face for about 10 - 15 seconds with the cetaphil, waited for my face to be completely dry - then applied some of the benzac, again waited until it was completely dry, and then covered my face in the lightweight sorbolene.

Being the sliiiiight skeptic that I am, I didn't really expect to see any instant results. But let me tell you - I saw them!!! And no, I am not kidding. The VERY next morning, my face was MUCH less red, the swelling seemed to have gone down slightly, and overall it looked less irritated, and this was only after ONE round. I waited a couple of hours and had a shower, then repeated the regime again. Then about 12 hours after that, I did it again before bed.

On the second day - the results were even better. I simply continued these same steps for a couple more days ... I started the regime on a Tuesday (it was on Australia day infact!!) And by Friday ... I couldn't believe my eyes. My skin was beautiful. Sure, it still had the odd one or two bumps on it, but it had improved so much, and I was SO SO impressed, and so so happy :wub:

It has been a few weeks on, and I have continued to do the regime, but only at night time, just to try and maintain this beautiful appearance and continue to reduce the (very little) signs of what is left of my horrible outbreak.

I just wanted to share my absolute JOY over this regime - and really really hope that many others out there are getting some fantastic results -- also if anyone else is in australia, hopefully this has helped with some other products available to you if you don't want to wait!!

Hi everyone :)

I'm new to the boards here, and really the only real reason I joined up was simply to shared my wonderful success story with you all :clap:

I am 26 years old -- and about 4 years ago, I had quite a serious break out of, what was medically diagnosed as, "adult acne". As a teen, I never suffered from acne, not even one or two single pimples - I was one of the lucky ones, but in my second year of study in Advanced Beauty Therapy and Make up Artistry, my luck came to an end.

Within a week of having the horrible break out, I visited my GP, where I was diagnosed with a moderate case of AA. I was prescribed a course of MINOMYCIN, which I had to take two times a day, for 6 months - with it being a whole 3 months before I saw even a SLIGHT bit of improvement. All in all though, after the 6 months was over - my skin WAS beautiful. It was smooth, supple, spot free, no redness, no dry spots and almost glowing.

My luck continued for the next few years as my skin seemed to remain in the quality state it had been for most of my life. Until about a month ago - all of a sudden, I had a terrible, terrible break out. At night I noticed it had begun only on my forehead, along my hair line. By morning, it was covering most of my forehead. Within two days, it was all over my cheeks, both sides of the side burn area, on my nose ... and by the third day, they were swollen, red, sore ... and inbetween both exterior sides of my nose, were small white pustulles. Not pleasant, and very painful. :cry:

Reluctant to go to the doctor again ... I decided to try a different approach, hoping that it would be something I was able to target myself without medication. So after a whole lot of Googling and researching, I came across "Dan's Regime".

I was eager to try this regime out almost instantly - so being in Australia, I didn't have the patience to wait to order products from the site, I wanted things now now now!! So the next morning I set off to the closest "Chemist Warehouse", and had a look at their products.

I purchased a product which is very common, named "BENZAC", in the 2.5% percent. It only cost me around $9.00 - I then picked up a small bottle of Cetaphil, for dry/sensitive skin, which also only cost around $9.00 - then for my moisturiser use, I picked up a small tube of a lightweight sorbolene cream by Redwin, which was only around $4.00.

I started the regime as soon as I got home. I gently washed my face for about 10 - 15 seconds with the cetaphil, waited for my face to be completely dry - then applied some of the benzac, again waited until it was completely dry, and then covered my face in the lightweight sorbolene.

Being the sliiiiight skeptic that I am, I didn't really expect to see any instant results. But let me tell you - I saw them!!! And no, I am not kidding. The VERY next morning, my face was MUCH less red, the swelling seemed to have gone down slightly, and overall it looked less irritated, and this was only after ONE round. I waited a couple of hours and had a shower, then repeated the regime again. Then about 12 hours after that, I did it again before bed.

On the second day - the results were even better. I simply continued these same steps for a couple more days ... I started the regime on a Tuesday (it was on Australia day infact!!) And by Friday ... I couldn't believe my eyes. My skin was beautiful. Sure, it still had the odd one or two bumps on it, but it had improved so much, and I was SO SO impressed, and so so happy :wub:

It has been a few weeks on, and I have continued to do the regime, but only at night time, just to try and maintain this beautiful appearance and continue to reduce the (very little) signs of what is left of my horrible outbreak.

I just wanted to share my absolute JOY over this regime - and really really hope that many others out there are getting some fantastic results -- also if anyone else is in australia, hopefully this has helped with some other products available to you if you don't want to wait!!

I have the same situation as yours. My acne dried up after several days but I still have the scars and I hate the drying of my skin. Have you experienced this dryness? Like your skin is really tight and you look old? I moisturize 3-4x daily and use the regimen at noght only but I still have the dryness. No Jojoba oil in the country where I am now. I just hate the dryness. Any tips?

My skin sometimes feels a little bit sensitive and tight during the day -- but one thing I have started using which seems to be REALLY helping, is COLLOIDAL SILVER. I've been using it in a spray form -- each time I cleanse my face, I wait for it to dry, then spray a good ammount of the CS on. No need to wipe it off because it dries relatively quickly. It has a really lovely calming effect on red/sensitive and dry skin. I haven't yet experienced any flakiness yet ... but Sorbolene cream is really good for that kind of thing. Can you get your hands on any ROSEHIP OIL?? That may be just as (if not more) beneficial than Jojoba oil. Rosehip oil is like a little miracle oil in a bottle - it's great stuff, you might get away with applying a few drops of that to your face, or even using a moisturiser which is very basic for sensitive skin, but has rosehip oil as an ingredient in :)

Awesomeness. I've had clear skin for the first time since I was 16 (24 now!) and absolutely love it. Just want some of the old scars to fade quicker! ;>