Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctbo

mederma for acne scars?

I was thinking of trying mederma for a few acne scars I have its worth a try but I hear it works real slow takes months.Do you think mederma will make my skin break out at all?anyone ever try this stuff?I want to try it but im worried about breaking out from it and it doesnt say anything about acne prone skin or anything about if its oil free or not.anyone know?thanks

I was thinking of trying mederma for a few acne scars I have its worth a try but I hear it works real slow takes months.Do you think mederma will make my skin break out at all?anyone ever try this stuff?I want to try it but im worried about breaking out from it and it doesnt say anything about acne prone skin or anything about if its oil free or not.anyone know?thanks

It can cause breakouts, I think it would only work on very recent scarring and very shallow. Not a very effective treatment from my experience.

I have been using Mederma for a few months on my acne scars, and I still am. First I'd recommend not using it until you're acne free. It has never broken me out, but I waited until my skin was clear before I used it.

As for me, it really HAS worked **knock on wood** It's worked a lot better than I ever expected it to. People kept saying it was a waste of money, and that it doesn't work. But my scars have faded a lot since using it. I still have a ways to go, but considering this is just the first step at eliminating acne scars...I'm thankful. So down the road when I get a chemical peel, it will cost a lot less because my scars have faded.

I am still using it, so I can't say when it stops working or how long it takes to work. It takes a little while, but everything does. Any cream or treatment you try for acne/scars is a process. Nothing works over night. It sucks but that is how it is. Mederma is only 17.00 where I live, and it is worth the price. I just hope it continues to work for me.

Oh and don't get the store brand. Get Mederma name brand. Someone who worked at CVS swore to me that their store brand was "identical" to Mederma, and when I read the ingredients they were totally different