Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Q_P

Aczone and Renova (tretinoin cream .02%)

Howdy all! I just got prescriptions of Renova and Aczone from my derm, but forgot to ask her a few things about them.

1) Do I have to wait at all after washing my face to apply either drug?

2) I'm supposed to apply the Aczone 2x daily and Renova in the evening- which should I apply first?

I'm planning on starting the Aczone 1x daily for a few days, then 2x, then adding the Renova every three days and increasing its frequency to every other day.

Also, any experiences with either drug would be helpful. Thanks! :D

Edited by QuirkyPixy

I've been on aczone for a while now, I've been taking it for the past 3-4 months. It's really good stuff, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. It absorbs quickly, and I think it's pretty good for reducing redness and calming your face down. I use mine twice a day. As far as washing, I think it's always good to wait about 10-15 minutes before applying anything so that's what I do, I don't know if it's absolutely necessary but helps to avoid irriation. The aczone is extremely mild and in my experience it's not drying, doesn't sting or anything. It makes your face feel pretty good after putting it on, like a calming effect. Whats this renova all about?

I've been on aczone for a while now, I've been taking it for the past 3-4 months. It's really good stuff, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. It absorbs quickly, and I think it's pretty good for reducing redness and calming your face down. I use mine twice a day. As far as washing, I think it's always good to wait about 10-15 minutes before applying anything so that's what I do, I don't know if it's absolutely necessary but helps to avoid irriation. The aczone is extremely mild and in my experience it's not drying, doesn't sting or anything. It makes your face feel pretty good after putting it on, like a calming effect. Whats this renova all about?
I've been using it for a few days now and it does help with the redness, which is very nice. Thanks for the tips! Renova is like Retin-A only really mild. I haven't started using that yet because the Aczone alone may clear me. :dance: Edited by QuirkyPixy