Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lady25

Moisturizer and Face Wash Recommendations

I found Dan's Regimen too irritating for me and finally went to the derm. She presribed an antibiotic as well as Tretinoin (retin a) and an antibiotic face wash. At night I need a better face wash to remove my foundation, though. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good wash to me? I have really oily skin but now that Tretinoin is drying out my skin so much I find Dan's cleanser a bit too drying. Also, is his moisturizer the absolute best I can do for my skin? Are there any other moisturizers that could provide more benefits? His is nice on my skin but I have seen that a lot of people use moisturizers with added vitamins, etc. I've just started moisturizing recently (since I did the DKR). My oily skin has never been able to handle much and I've always had an intense fear of moisturizer.

Thanks so much.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried Burt's Bees moisturizing creme. I haven't tried using moisturizer for once in my acne life but since I started on this regimen it made my skin so dry and flaky, I can see the dead skin exfoliated and it makes my skin dull. Normally, I have an oily skin and I'm starting to miss the shine on my face. Can anyone recommend me an organic all natural moisturizer that won't break out my skin? I live in the Philippines and I don't have as many options when it comes to beauty products. Please help...

You could just use makeup remover wipes, and then follow up with a gentle cleanser that cleanses and moisturizes your skin. Makeup Remover wipes like Neutrogena or Pond's are nice. Cleansers like Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser or Eucerin Sensitive Skin Gentle Cleanser are nice cleansers too (I do not recommend Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It leaves me with a greasy feel).

Another option is cold creme. Pond's make a cold creme and so does Noxzema. I've never really used a cold creme, so you might have to google around. But this could be another alternative to removing makeup as well.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried Burt's Bees moisturizing creme. I haven't tried using moisturizer for once in my acne life but since I started on this regimen it made my skin so dry and flaky, I can see the dead skin exfoliated and it makes my skin dull. Normally, I have an oily skin and I'm starting to miss the shine on my face. Can anyone recommend me an organic all natural moisturizer that won't break out my skin? I live in the Philippines and I don't have as many options when it comes to beauty products. Please help...

If your looking for a moisturizer with extra antioxidants and anti-irritants, Paula's Choice is a good place to start. I've tried the Skin Balancing and Hydralight moisturizers and liked them both. The Skin Balancing is very light. I tried a sample of Dan's moisturizer, and I'd say the Hydralight is similar, but less sticky. (But this was awhile ago.)

I don't really wear makeup, so I'm not sure which cleansers I've tried work best for that.

I found Dan's Regimen too irritating for me and finally went to the derm. She presribed an antibiotic as well as Tretinoin (retin a) and an antibiotic face wash. At night I need a better face wash to remove my foundation, though. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good wash to me? I have really oily skin but now that Tretinoin is drying out my skin so much I find Dan's cleanser a bit too drying. Also, is his moisturizer the absolute best I can do for my skin? Are there any other moisturizers that could provide more benefits? His is nice on my skin but I have seen that a lot of people use moisturizers with added vitamins, etc. I've just started moisturizing recently (since I did the DKR). My oily skin has never been able to handle much and I've always had an intense fear of moisturizer.

Thanks so much.

I have also an oily skin. So i need to wash my face atleast three times a day. I think it's best to use any herbal face wash. I generally use Himalaya face wash.