Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nobody.

Antibiotics really do stop working!

I was on minocycline for approximately 2 years. I kept on taking them up to a few months ago and came across research that suggests acne becomes resistant to them. I stopped taking them cold turkey and NO change whatsoever. I expected a huge breakout but alas nutta!!

I would advise to not even bother with antibiotics ( however this is in my opinion) They work for a VERY short period of time ( well in my case anyway)

Agreed. They are so over-reclamated by the medical establishment as an acne treatment. Maybe they should only be used for short lasting skin infections such as staphs and gram-negative?

I used them for two months. I asked to be weaned off of them, but had I not said anything my derm would have probably let me stay on them. They really helped the cysts I developed after stopping BCP. However, I believe I have managed to stay relatively clear because I started taking BCP again. Who knows what my skin would be like if I stopped taking them.

Edited by electric_feel