Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's another one of those things that parents tell their kids. I've used toothpaste on a couple occasions and it only made things worse.

Are you guys serious? I had a horrid feel-it-coming zit/bump on my forehead yesterday. I put some toothpaste on it last night and it's completely and totally GONE today. You have to make sure that you use white, non-gritty, non-whitening toothpaste. The plainest stuff you can find. I use Colgate total. It seriously works. I mean, you can't use it as a mask or anything, that would probably make you break out. But a little drop on a spot works wonders.

I remember reading somewhere that some toothpastes have triclosan in them which is an active ingriedient in some acne face washes.

I remember trying a face wash with triclosan in it once and that dried my face up like nothing else. It was horrible.

I suppose if it is used as a spot treatment then perhaps it could dry out the spot but why would you want to use toothpaste when there are many effective spot treatments designed specifically for acne out there and that are not as messy as toothpaste would be.

Toothpaste does not contain triclosan. toothpaste contains large amounts of calcium, flouride and artifical ingredients and preservatives.

Maybe for some it works... for a lot of people, toothpaste residue left from brushing teeth CAUSES acne... so if it works for you, great. but I wouldn't reccommend anyone I know with acne (and I mean more than just one pimple) to use toothpaste as an acne remedy.