Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dlx

Natural vs. Chemical

ive been doing a natural regimen for about a year and a half and have seen results,however i have friends and family who do not use natural products(mostly bp and over the counters),eat what they want,and basically have no acne or scars.i am just stumped now because i get acne but not as bad as i used to but its still there.my cousin uses basically nothing on her skin and has literally no acne.im just tired of doing all of these extra things and still not seeing the results i want.

i also dont want to go back to bp because ive heard it makes scars last longer or somthing like that,but i dont know how accutane is or retin-a. i dont want to have to start a whole new chemical and be back at square one.

Well a lot of people who eat terribly and don't get acne, will end up getting cancers, tumors, heart problems, or something else instead.

The natural way works but you have to treat it from the inside not the outside, you seem quite fixed on topicals. They can help but diet is the most important thing. Don't put toxins in your body and they wont come out!

i should have mentioned that i eat good food.i dont eat fried foods,fast food,saturated fats,or oily foods. i eat lots of fruit and vegetables and dont drink milk either. i take tons of vitamins and herbs and drink lots of green tea. not a whole lot of caffiene either.

Different things work for different people, but personally diet plays a role significant enough that it should *always* be taken into consideration.

It's just not the same for everyone. If it were, there'd be *one* really rich acne company. Don't be discouraged. A healthy lifestyle is not only beneficial to skin, but overall health and longevity. Don't attribute your efforts *only* to clearing up acne and maybe it'll make it easier for you to do all those extra things.

Yea just like everyone said here, some things are different for people. Like I've never had a migraine in my entire life but my friend get's them all the time. Conversely, she's never had acne in her life. If you take a closer look at the people around, you'll see they have other health problems that affect them. Leading a healthy life will pay off in big returns as you get older.

One thing I suggest you try is doing a juice fast like the master cleanse, a mono diet like eat apples and drink water for three days, or try a colon cleanse. Either of these methods allows your body to redirect energy that would normally focus on digestion into more productive means like healing problems within. I did a colon cleanse for 5 days a few years back and haven't had breakouts since, albeit, I've maintained my healthy routines

Different things work for different people, but personally diet plays a role significant enough that it should *always* be taken into consideration.

It's just not the same for everyone. If it were, there'd be *one* really rich acne company. Don't be discouraged. A healthy lifestyle is not only beneficial to skin, but overall health and longevity. Don't attribute your efforts *only* to clearing up acne and maybe it'll make it easier for you to do all those extra things.

yeah but how old are you because im 17 and i really dont know if my acne will stop as i get older,hopefully it will get better.also, how much was the colon cleanse and was it just lots of peeing or shitting??

Everyone is different but I personally believe in a balance between the two. I've focused entirely on chemicals before and it seemed too harsh. I've also focused on an entirely natural regimen but it was way too weak for me. So I work with both!

I agree with the above poster. For the majority of my acne life I've been focusing only on topicals, mainly BP and SA. Along the way I've tried other topicals like azelaic acid and home remedies like aspirin masks, lemon juice, honey, baking soda. Only recently (since signing up on this site) have I started laying off the topicals and focusing mainly on diet. Currently I have been experimenting with mandelic acid, which seems to be working somewhat, but definitely changing your diet is the way to go. As soon as I dropped the majority of my sugar consumption, the amount of inflammed bumps I got on my face went down alot.