Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

I'm finding it very hard to stay positive

I've had 10 weeks of holiday and i have been on a rollercoaster during it because of my skin. school starts in 2 days! i woke up this morning and on the left side of my chin i have a huge cluster of pimples that are tiny but there are lots of them that have turn into one huge patch. i counted and there are thirteen. THIRTEEN!!! I am so upset because i thoguht maybe this year i could transform my skin and go back to my second year of high school a completely new cleared skin person. that isnt going to happen now. even when i put concealer and foudation on it does not help at all. im very upset, but i have plans to go surfing and go to the movies tomorrow and then rest before my first day back the next day. im just gonna have to suck it up, but i really am finding it very hard to be positive, no matter what i cover it with people no i have acne. when i meet someone its the first thing they notice. i havent seen a single person in my entire school that has acne and it has over a thousand kids. im really not exaggertaing im the only one with acne very very bad acne and im only a junior. i stand out so much and i no people talk behind my back about it. very upset right now.

80% of all teenagers develop some type of skin condition. I don't want to come off as a d-bag here but for you to think that you are the only one in your high school with acne is laughable. I mean, yes a patch of whiteheads on your face is certainly depressing and I agree with you on the whole timing deal. I've broken out at the end of winter breaks, seemingly at the worst time possible but look.. It doesn't sound like you have severe acne and you are a teenager. Like the statistic says, you are bound to develop some type of skin condition. The real suffers here are the adults who should be past this phase with severe cystic acne. Consider yourself lucky.

Edited by SameSongAndDance

No easy way out of this one kiddo... but it will pass just like everything else so keep your head up. You can choose to try and hide at school and look like a weirdo, or you can be strong and try your best to let it not affect you, at least some guys will notice you then :) good luck.

80% of all teenagers develop some type of skin condition. I don't want to come off as a d-bag here but for you to think that you are the only one in your high school with acne is laughable. I mean, yes a patch of whiteheads on your face is certainly depressing and I agree with you on the whole timing deal. I've broken out at the end of winter breaks, seemingly at the worst time possible but look.. It doesn't sound like you have severe acne and you are a teenager. Like the statistic says, you are bound to develop some type of skin condition. The real suffers here are the adults who should be past this phase with severe cystic acne. Consider yourself lucky.

Oh yeah because we are teenagers we don't suffer at all!

How can we consider ourself lucky when we are all fighting the same battle.

If you have nothing constructuve to add then please leave this girl alone.

Op I know how you feel I always break out at the worst times possible.

You should still go out and just enjoy your time with friends.

It will help :)

Yes, good advice here. This too shall pass. It's hard at your age, I know. I have a daughter and a son in high school, neither of whom have perfect skin.

Try adding a fish oil supplement, increasing water and changing your pillow case more often. We've found these can be helpful.

@ Adam - He *was* being constructive. He never said she wasn't suffering, just offering some perspective. Slow your roll. What he said was true. The majority of high school students so *not* have clear skin. It only *feels* like it's just you.

@ Adam - He *was* being constructive. He never said she wasn't suffering, just offering some perspective. Slow your roll. What he said was true. The majority of high school students so *not* have clear skin. It only *feels* like it's just you.

don't worry..

they still young.

I was rebellious too when I was that age lol..

I have to agree... lucky my ass. Lucky would be one of the ones with the patch of whiteheads to me.

It may go away as we reach adult hood and all, but I've stopped waiting as the years roll by. Just because we're young and have the chance doesn't mean it still doesn't affect people just as much.

Lucky.. tsk tsk. :doubt:

I have to agree... lucky my ass. Lucky would be one of the ones with the patch of whiteheads to me.

It may go away as we reach adult hood and all, but I've stopped waiting as the years roll by. Just because we're young and have the chance doesn't mean it still doesn't affect people just as much.

Lucky.. tsk tsk. :doubt:

Agree with who?

Okay, so I re-read what I said and it turns out I did come off as a d-bag, whoops :wall: . I didn't mean to downplay acne among teenagers. Truth be told we are all in the same boat. Heck, I just got out of those woods (21 years old). I recall reading another one of SurferGirls threads where she was complaining about I think a total of three active spots. Judging from that, I think it was safe for me to assume her acne wasn't severe. Don't get me wrong, even mild acne will effect the strongest of people but when someone goes as far to say that they are the only one with acne in their high school, it kind of gets under my skin. I know she isn't delusional so I just wanted to point out that she shouldn't over exaggerate and should count her lucky stars that here acne more than likely comes with the territory. Again, sorry if I came off as someone who was trivializing teenage acne, because I definitely do understand and can empathize.

Okay, so I re-read what I said and it turns out I did come off as a d-bag, whoops :wall: . I didn't mean to downplay acne among teenagers. Truth be told we are all in the same boat. Heck, I just got out of those woods (21 years old). I recall reading another one of SurferGirls threads where she was complaining about I think a total of three active spots. Judging from that, I think it was safe for me to assume her acne wasn't severe. Don't get me wrong, even mild acne will effect the strongest of people but when someone goes as far to say that they are the only one with acne in their high school, it kind of gets under my skin. I know she isn't delusional so I just wanted to point out that she shouldn't over exaggerate and should count her lucky stars that here acne more than likely comes with the territory. Again, sorry if I came off as someone who was trivializing teenage acne, because I definitely do understand and can empathize.

Seriously im not f**king "delusional" come to my school in new zealand and you wont see any kids with problem skin. i havent seen anyone with severe acne at my entire school im not exagerrating here. i know in america and wherever its way more common but trust me kids in new zealand do not get acne alot. they just never do.

Thats probably true with the clean air? (if that makes sense)

New Zealand is just a much cleaner less polluted place than the rest of the world.

From your picture you look very pretty and I think that it outshines the acne.

Keep smiling

Thats probably true with the clean air? (if that makes sense)

New Zealand is just a much cleaner less polluted place than the rest of the world.

From your picture you look very pretty and I think that it outshines the acne.

Keep smiling

Evryone here is so active eats so healthy blah blah and the enviroment is like perfect so that all is great for there skin which i think is why acne is so uncommon.

Thanks for the compliment

:D

Its the same here we are all so active and out and about that it reduces the skin problems here.

What helped me was getting out and running around, just having a good time.

Seriously im not f**king "delusional" come to my school in new zealand and you wont see any kids with problem skin. i havent seen anyone with severe acne at my entire school im not exagerrating here. i know in america and wherever its way more common but trust me kids in new zealand do not get acne alot. they just never do.

I said you weren't delisional but now your making think otherwise. Kids in your school have acne. I never said severe acne, but there are with out a doubt teens with acne in your school. I refuse to believe that your high school is some type of statistical anomaly. Come on now, you don't truly believe your the only one who gets pimples in New Zealand now do you?