Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lib

a few questions

1. I have been on accutane before, worked great for a few months after I finished, now cysts have come back. I have tried almost every way to rid it, liver flush, strict diet (freeacnebook.com), BP. Should I go back on accutane?

2. When I was on accutane I still didnt look great becuase it caused my face to be so dark/red. Should I ask for a lower dose and would that help the redness?

nope, the diet didn't work for me. How do you get your hormones checked? I'm 19 so I'm guessing my hormones are natural for my age and causing the cysts.

I am in a similiar situation as you Lib. I was on one course of tane and it worked great for a few months, then i broke out again. My redmarks were even fading to the point where they wer ehardly noticable. But now in my own opionon, im not as bad as I was before accutane, but im getting there, im on my way to see the doc tomorrow for the second time, hopefully he can get the ball rolling and set me up an appoinment to see the derm. The reason he didn't before is because he wanted me to try some antis and tazorac, which never helpe me yet.

I am starting to get cyctic acne again, it was just zits a few months after accutane, now its the whole thing again. ill be back to where i was before i started within 4 months im sure.

I have a few questions. Would a higher dose of accutane be what I need to work for me this time? how do you get your hormones checked. I am interested to know what lib is asking.

yeah if you're gettin cysts again I would get on the tane asap. I'm not sure if you'll need a high dosage, I dont' see why the original dosage wouldn't work.