Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I was on a paleoishhhhh diet for 2 years, and recently introduced grains along with other things back in, blah blah blah. Same results, like 95% clear but still a stubborn couple of pimples here and there.

I have been juicing spinach, mostly carrots, apples, kiwis, and/or blueberries for the past 4 weeks every night and have been a little fed up with dieting so long, so I have been eating questionable foods lately, like gluten free oats, pistachios, small amounts of cane sugar in things like salsa, etc., red wine in a stew and my face has never been clearer in the past 4 years, like maybe one small pimple every 2 weeks type a deal.

Long story short, I am giving credit to fresh juiced veggies, and somewhat fruits. Sure you're discarding the fiber, but fiber is the least of my worries, I get it from so many other sources. The juicer breaks down the veggie right there for you leaving with an abundance of natural vitamins, that otherwise your body cannot break down the veggie/fruit in the same way the juicer does. In my situation vitamin A is the most helpful. Juicing 5 full size carrots, a handful of spinach, a handful of blueberries, and an apple every night, is like a shot of superman juice or something, idk how to explain it, but the feeling after drinking it is amazing.

And I know everyone is going to tell me that's to much vitamin A, but I am planning on cutting it down to three carrots a night. The carrots for me are the best part, not only do they leave my skin clear, but they even out my skin tone and give me a nice tannish/orangish glow(not overpowering faketan look at all) haha.

Moral of the story: Get a juicer all of you health nuts if you don't already have one!

Edited by MFC

I've been reading all the benefits of juicing/eating many fresh veggies. They are full of enzymes needed for digestion that are otherwise completely deficient in the standard American diet.

I want to buy the best juicer available on the market soon. I have a Vita-Mix blender that has a 7-year warranty and vegan blogs state that theirs have lasted 26 years. I want to find that sort of quality in a juicer!!

Edited by Dotty1

A comparison to....what? I was just asking if the juice he is making tastes bad, I didn't ask for a comparison to anything?

Tastes amazing. When you fresh juice carrots they are surprisingly sweet and palatable. I had bought a bottle of carrot juice before I got my juicer and the flavor made me gag, I could hardly down it. It tasted like dirty sweet potatoes, this juice just tastes like sweet carrots, and when you mix in fruit it's even better.

Oh I'm slow, I get what Dotty was saying now, LOL. I'm gonna try this =)

Edited by Jay326

OP, don't worry about the vitamin A. Plants have a precursor to vitamin A (beta carotene) which your body turns into vitamin A. You can't overdose on it, overdose only happens for vitamin A in its active form. If you consume too much your skin might turn orange, but this seldom happens.

Guest DireStraits

If you were on an anti-candida diet would carrot juice be a 'no no' because carrots are starchy?

Well carrots are sugary too, but that's only looking at the negative side of it. I don't think anyone should rule out any kind of vegetable just because it's starchy or has a higher sugar value than other vegetables. Carrots are high in vitamin A which is important for everyone.

Well carrots are sugary too, but that's only looking at the negative side of it. I don't think anyone should rule out any kind of vegetable just because it's starchy or has a higher sugar value than other vegetables. Carrots are high in vitamin A which is important for everyone.

Carrots aren't "sugary". (They do have some, not sure if you are thinkng of GI or something ? They may be high GI, but actually are low GL, as the quantity isn't so much per carrot)

Edited by wibble

Well they are more sugary compared to most other vegetables is what I meant.

Anyways...I don't have a juicer...but I have a blender, something tells me I can't get the same effect from a blender?

yeah im going to try this out using my blender :) one every eveing for a week and see what happens

at OP you said you got an orangy tinge to your complexion, this is a vitamin A (carrot) overdose sign lol

I don't think you can try it in your blender. I am very sure that you need a juicer.

I tried to make "juice" in my very powerful Vita-Mix blender a month ago. I ended up with a bowl of mush because the "fiber" (?) wasn't removed from the juice. I had to throw it out.

That is why I'm looking for a juicer.

Wait, I just thought of a "juice" you can make in your blender. Its a raw soup. Tortilla soup. It is made with carrots, celery, parsley, onion, bell peppers, water, lime, cilantro, garlic, tomatos and a few spices. Sometimes, when I'm at the health food store I purchase dehydrated raw chips (quite expensive) and I can break a few up into the soup to complete the "raw tortilla soup."

It is a great way to get enzymes.

This is one version of it here:

http://www.choosingraw.com/raw-tortilla-soup/

It is fun, different and healthy.

Amagad! I went out and bought a juicer today. It was 50 bucks. I went home and started experimenting right away. First cup I put some apples and oranges (the taste was kinda weird/strong but bareable). Then for my second cup I put a carrot, few strawberries, blueberries, and a kiwi in. That one tasted much better! The clean up was sorta a bitch but I'm pumped to start making juice!

Amagad! I went out and bought a juicer today. It was 50 bucks. I went home and started experimenting right away. First cup I put some apples and oranges (the taste was kinda weird/strong but bareable). Then for my second cup I put a carrot, few strawberries, blueberries, and a kiwi in. That one tasted much better! The clean up was sorta a bitch but I'm pumped to start making juice!

Look online for exact juice recipes -- there are some great ones.

A simple one is 100% carrots. I used to drink it as a child. You might only want to juice one carrot and see if you like it though before juicing 40 carrots.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice, I just juiced 8 carrots. For me, straight carrots is one of my favorite juices and best for my skin.

Edited by MFC

I'm gonna do a little experiment and drink carrot juice for a week+ and see what happens. Besides carrots, is there any fruit/vegetable especially good for the skin?