Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
x.Kiki.x

Tattoos after Accutane is out of system in 1 week

Waiting for that Accutane to get out of me :)

:wub: Tattoos are so HOT ;)

Here are some im getting and where.

Miss Kiki will be written on my left arm near my elbow in cute fantastical letters :)

My ankle will have a fairy

On my shoulder there will be an angel

I would suggest you think long and hard about tattoos. As you know, they are permanent. A lot of tattoos sound good on paper, but depending on the placement, some may look trashy. I'm not suggesting your tattoos will, but think about where you are going to place these tattoos.

I have one tattoo on my forearm, I got it when I was 19. I'm 25 now. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would probably would have never gotten one. At 25 my taste in music, literature, art, has changed significantly. You may like angels and fairies now, but your taste may change in 10 years.

I would suggest you think long and hard about tattoos. As you know, they are permanent. A lot of tattoos sound good on paper, but depending on the placement, some may look trashy. I'm not suggesting your tattoos will, but think about where you are going to place these tattoos.

I have one tattoo on my forearm, I got it when I was 19. I'm 25 now. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would probably would have never gotten one. At 25 my taste in music, literature, art, has changed significantly. You may like angels and fairies now, but your taste may change in 10 years.

That's because time passes..nothing you can do about it, when you were 6 you liked toys when you're 20 you don't like em anymore. Panta rei. Btw black tattoos can be removed thru laser.

Tattoos on girls are such a turn on. Don't let people tell you not get a tattoo you really want. Just because you liked a band or angels then doesn't mean they're weren't meaningful to you now that it's 5 years later. You got it then because you liked it then and that's what matters.

get as many tattoos as you fricken want!

being conservative blows.

being outrageous is awesome.

I won't express my dislike for random tattoos (I'm all for tattoos with meaning...remembering a passed away loved) to you, but I will tell you that tattoos are forever! Remember that! You'll have them on your wedding day, when your kids are born, when you turn 85...etc.

I won't express my dislike for random tattoos (I'm all for tattoos with meaning...remembering a passed away loved) to you, but I will tell you that tattoos are forever! Remember that! You'll have them on your wedding day, when your kids are born, when you turn 85...etc.

Tattoos are not forever. I can get them lazer removed. I dont care. I think their sexy and artistic. I have always been an artist. and this is my way of showing it. But thanks for your opinion. But im not asking for opinions, im just talking about the accutane and talking with people who actually like them. And ill look beautiful as ever on my wedding day. The angel tattoo is for my cousin who took her life. Its not "random" its meaningful.

Edited by x.Kiki.x

Kiki, although you can get them lasered off, there is still potential for scarring and/or discoloration at the removal site which still makes them a permanent lifestyle decision. I love tattoos and hope whatever you choose is beautiful and meaningful in your eyes.

On a side note, please make sure to give your skin adequate time to revert to normal after the Accutane course to get the best possible result from your tattoo(s). Anything before six months is risky and any reputable tattoo parlor will be aware of this.

I have 3 tattoos

My first was a Hello Kitty head on my right back shoulder, somewhat regret it but hey I love Hello Kitty so why not put it on my body. And I was 18

My 2nd tattoo is still not finished totally but I have 3 paw prints on my left back shoulder. I plan to make them thicker and add my animals letters to them as they pass away.

My 3rd, and most painful tattoo was Forever Grateful on my left side stomach. Worst hour and a half of my life. But it came out really nice.

I plan to get more. Mainly on my back or torso area. I don't want any totally visible such as arms or legs. And I would like writing on me rather than drawings.

The fairy sounds adorable especially on the ankle :wub:

I have five right now and I keep adding more. =]

I've put a lot of thought into mine, but if I got everything I wanted when I was 16 or even 18, I'd regret it.

My first tattoo was when I was 18, my dog Sara passed away and I put her paw in ink and stamped it on paper. Got the exact paw print (Just a little bit larger) on the back of my right shoulder.

Second was a custom drawn star design with a vine type tribal on my lower back

Third was my nickname (Ash1337) on the inside of my left wrist, but my tattoo artist messed it up due to my ex making the design and refusing to change it.

So about 7 months later, I finally got it covered with the Lancer from Gears of War. (For all you non-gamers, its a big gun with a chainsaw)

Fourth was "Only The Strong Survive" on my back (upper towards my neck)

and Fifth was my skeleton koi 1/4 sleeve on my left shoulder

I have plans for many more. =]

Right now, everything is pretty much in a place I can hide from the professional life. When I'm older, I don't think I'll really care what it looks like then, and if I'm not happy with it, all I have to do is wear a full shirt. =P

I'm 31 now *gasp*. I got a tattoo when I was 19. I totally regret it. Its not something I like its not something that I want on my body. If I could get it removed I would.

I have a humongous (sp?) tattoo on my back. I can't say anything about Accutane (I wish I had insurance so I could get that) but I can speak about getting a tattoo. Mine covers my entire back except the very top (it;s everywhere but above the bra line). I plan to one day get more on top. I will say this- once you get one, you want more! I got mine on the back since I wouldn't have to see it unless I was trying to look at it in a mirror. My tattoo was done about 9 years ago (I'm strangely kind of fuzzy about how many years have passed) but I don't regret it at all. Just make sure it's meaningful to you- which it seems you have done. The funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing- that if I didn't like it in X years, I could get it laser removed. Thing is, in my X years, I don't think I could affor to get it removed if I wanted to, even though I don't. I still like and love my tattoo, though. I already got married, so I don't have to worry about it showing. My tattoo was in such a place that my wedding dress covered it. This is for anyone- if you're getting a tattoo and you're still young, just remember that it's permanent and you WILL want to probably cover it at some point. That's why I got mine on my back, and I think it's a contributing factor as to why I still love mine.

I am so glad I never got a tattoo like my friends did. They all regret it so much now. Tattoos look really bad on old people. When I was in nursing I would see old people's tattoos and they looked so bad and ridiculous. It made me not want one.

They even can start to look ridiculous on people over 30. They look great on people in their 20's, though, depending what and where they get it.

Just get it somwhere you can cover, because years later, you may not want anyone seeing the fairy you thought was so cute has developed wrinkles and is sagging. And yes, depending on placement, this can happen in the late 20's or 30's, when you're still young.

Edited by Anti - Em

I'm planning my three quarter sleeve.

For those who have tattoos that they don't like, a good artist can do a cover up if it's not too big.

Edited by goodlife

i have a full sleeve on my right arm & half sleeve on my left

im 40 and as you age the tattoo does fade but you can have them recolored are removed(but that can be price "E" ) its your body do what you want just remember the tattoo may be there your whole life

my derm told me to wait a full year comimg off accutane before i have any other ink done but im finished unless i have something recolored

i even know a artist that tattooed his face to cover his acne scars

im 40 and as you age the tattoo does fade but you can have them recolored are removed(but that can be price "E" ) its your body do what you want just remember the tattoo may be there your whole life

my derm told me to wait a full year comimg off accutane before i have any other ink done but im finished unless i have something recolored

Any pics mate? If not what's the theme?

no pics loaded on new computer yet but my left arm has the clown from Stephen Kings "it" sounded by stars & lighting bolts,my right arm is half trible with some music notes mixed in

no pics loaded on new computer yet but my left arm has the clown from Stephen Kings "it" sounded by stars & lighting bolts,my right arm is half trible with some music notes mixed in

Thanks. Do you mind if I ask how many hours your full sleeve took?