Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r374rd

does anyone know what this maybe?

hi,

this condition is weird, it may not even be a condition and it might just be really really bad skin. ive had this for a while and at first i thoguht it maybe my acne coming back, due to an increase in spots. but now im not sure. there basically tends to be alot of dicolouration which is in the form of red and brown patchiness, my pores are really big, the skin is more loose and saggy and has a orange reel/leathery look instead of being firm and tight, the texture of my skin tends to be more bumpy/rippley, plus my skin will get quite oily aswell and so i'll have a shiny look to it. i do eat good and stay away from processed/junk food, i drink water and juice and dont drink alcahol or fizzy drinks. not all the brown marks can beseen in the photos, these tend to be more visible in flouresent/white light(this is a nightmare when im bar and i look in a mirror. a flash from a camera or direct sunlight on my face tends to hide it, but the problem is there and it really gets me down. i would go to the derm, but im travelling around australia(im from the uk) and so doing stuff like that is a little hard.

i was just wondering if this could be a condition of some sort. i really dont know how to improve the look of my skin. i have tried alot of fash washes and over creams etc, but have gotten no where with them, this is why i think it maybe more than just bad skin.

anyhelp would be great, thanx

post-85728-1264465014_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1264465073_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1264465014_thumb.jpg

post-85728-1264465073_thumb.jpg

I have near enough the same thing as you mate. Mines more in the nose area and cheek but basically the same. I haven't got a clue what it is either but hope to find out.

Hmm, have you gone to the doctor to check for infections or vitamin deficiencies? Those are my two top guesses based on my limited medical background. I hope you get it figured out!

hi guys thanx for getting back to me,

no it doesnt itch and it isnt sore and yes my skin gets very oily. the oil tends to give me a shiny dull complexion. one of the main things that is bothering me is the un even skin tone and texture. as you can see on the photo my cheeks have a sort of red blotchiness to them. i did see the derm a few months before i went travelling and explained that my skin is slowly getting worst, she said that it looks alright( that was dec 2008 and i went travelling may2009. but now it has gotten even worst. it is cool being away from home, but when things like this happen it would be since to have home comforts, like being able to know where to go for help and also the NHS. i will try to see a doctor in the next few weeks as im going to be staying in one place for a few weeks, which will make it easier.

i do take my multi vit's and i do eat good aswell, maybe the odd burger. as for an infection im not sure thats why i was wondering if its some sort of dermatitis.

not to sound bad, but it is nice to know that there are a few others here that are having similar problems.

i do sometimes wonder, do i just have really bad skin. has it just gradually gone south for me over the last few years. it used to be nice and clear after i did my stint on acccutane about 10 years ago. i have also been using green cream as i thought it might help the skin tone, ive only used it for 7 weeks and so im still in the early stages of it, so that might still help. but yeah im a little lost with it at the moment.

My bumps look similar to the ones you have on the side of your head. The difference between yours and mine is location and the fact that mine itches. Mine is predominantly on my forehead. My derm diagnosed mine as seborrheic dermatitis. I'm trying to get a 2nd opinion now from a derm that i researched that seems to specialize in skin rashes. Hopefully my doctor can get me the referral i need to see him. Nevertheless, if yours doesn't itch, i'm not sure if its SD or not.

i did have loads of bumps on my forehead(didnt itch) but they did actually go away after i started to use green cream(retinol). i think the ones on my forehead were closed comedones, im not sure bout the ones on the side of my head tho, they dont seem to be going. i guess i could live with the bumps, its just the f**k up skin tone and texture.

You may have rosacea or one of the many rosacea mimics. One of the distinguishing differences between acne and rosacea is that acne treatments tend to irritate or make it worse. However, internet diagnosis of a skin condition is not a good idea and you really need to go to a dermatologist who can evaluate your skin with a physical exam and take a history. You need to let the derm know what treatments you have been using for it.

To give you an idea of differentiating acne from other skin condititons take this test to see if you know about any of these skin conditions. From the brief history you have given here and the two photos I would suggest that what you have is not acne.

hey man u don't have to listen to me or whatever but seriously I believe that is a sort of dermatitis possibly seb. derm. With an infection. I would consider seeking a hollistic approach. I had really bad skin for about a year with red marks and all then I decided that doing a lemon water only fast was probably the best thing for me. I was amazed at the results I got... I wasn't completely clear after but the improvement was significant after three three days. If u decided to do that don't give up after u don't see results right away ur skin will continue to get better a couple days after the fast has ended. Also do 1 or 2 salt water flushes during the fast. Once the fast is complete take a probiotic supplement for a month after. I now just use queen helene mint julep for 15-20 min the wash with a rosacea face wash called eucerin redness relief soothing face wash and the daily tone perfecting lotion by the same brand. It gets rid of most the redness right away. I also exercise for 1-2 hours a day. I serious reccomend picking up some activity that gets u moving that u like doing. I promise ur skin will be perfect in a matter of 1-2 months. Ps I also take ibuprofen before I exercise I know for a fact that helps with inflammation just make sure to eat something before u take the ibuprofen so u don't ruin ur stomach lining. That's just my 2 cents take it or not it's up to u.

Accutane, at a low dose. It may make you break out at first, but after a month or so, you'll notice your skin gets smoother, less oily, more even, acne will disappear, bumps will disappear, blackheads will go away, pores will be reduced in size (accutane attacks the sebaceous glands so they reduce oil production), and you'll finally be clear. Now, about the redness, it may not be removed... and you should consult your doctor about that. Maybe IPL is the safest bet for that.