Notifications
Clear all

What are your trigger foods? Protein, Carbs or Fat?

MemberMember
(@dotty1)

Posted : 01/25/2010 12:34 pm

If I am missing a category, please let me know!

My hypothesis is that the majority of people will be affected by various proteins.

MemberMember
(@gmarias)

Posted : 01/25/2010 3:56 pm

Honestly, I don't know anymore. I don't think it's "carbs" so much as it is grains.

I haven't eaten any real grains lately and my skin is pretty clear. I have, however, eaten fruit (sugar) and protein in nuts and meat.

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 01/25/2010 4:52 pm

arent grains just complex sugars. Grains have multiple sugar molecules linked together.

If im right its like this: how more complex the sugars are how worse they are for you.

Problem is i cant leave out sugar fruit potatoes and bread. its to hard for me. So i cant find out if it really trickers my acne. I could increase it though to see what hapens but i also dont want to do that.

MemberMember
(@dotty1)

Posted : 01/25/2010 6:01 pm

I wonder if I am the only person on this forum who finally suspected my trigger was protein?

I searched for my trigger foods for 10 years before discovering it was protein by complete accident. It was the last thing I would have ever suspected in the world.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/26/2010 1:13 pm

The only thing I can call a 'trigger food' is the allergen that causes cysts for me, which is citrus. However, a steady diet with high GL meals, drinks, and snacks causes oily skin, hyperkeratinization and therefore acne.

MemberMember
(@vdunc)

Posted : 07/12/2019 8:07 am

Im glad somebody else found protein as their trigger food!! For me its any LOW FAT protein. For whatever reason, I can only eat high fat protein sources without breaking out. So that means no low fat dairy products, no chicken or egg whites, and no protein powders/shakes/bars. But I can eat beef, hard cheeses, whole milk and whole fat yogurt. Not sure if this is an allergy specific to me or if it applies t people more broadly.