Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

I will only be getting my household cleaning products from the health food aisle

Because I am rearranging the inside of my body and fixing my digestion, I also decided it was time to stop using environmentally unfriendly products in the house. All the chemicals I use go down the drain and land in someone's back yard or river. Animals have to drink that stuff, be it birds, insects, dogs, deer or people. I don't want to contribute to causing damage.

I found biodegradable and environmentally friendly dish soap, laundry detergent, window cleaner and shampoo. The options were endless, especially at the health food store. I even found a Clorox disinfectant substitute made with hydrogen peroxide.

I am very happy with the changes. In the end, I know that these chemicals aren't causing my acne but they are affecting my health in the long run. A study found that 30 seconds after applying a Lancome cream to the skin, 133 chemicals of that cream were found in the bloodstream.

I am trying to pick cleaning agents that have simple ingredients that I understand (baking soda, etc).

I also found that adding a tablespoon of baking soda to laundry can reallllllllllly do wonders.

Anyone else out there making this transformation?