Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darlinjones

Has using the regimen only once a day worked for any of you?

Have any of you with mild or moderate acne been successful by just doing the regimen once a day?

Ever since I stopped using Retin-A to start the regimen, I have noticed that the hyperpigmentation on my skin has gotten SO much worse. Usually once my zit was gone- it was gone. Now I get those red marks lingering foreverandeverandever. I have also gotten a scar recently and my acne never used to scar.

I'd like to start using Retin-A once a day, and just doing the regimen once a day.

Have any of you had success by doing the regimen just once a day? Have any of you tried it, and it didn't work out for you?

Even better, I have cystic acne and once a day works.

I have post this a lot of times but people don't seem to try it.

For me, a higher % worked better. I used 2,5%, but because my acne is pretty stubbern and cystic at some places, it didn't work. So i tried 5% twice a day, and this got me clear. Then i thought: Why not use 10% once a day. And with some jojoba oil at night and in the morning, this worked without drying my skin.

Been on the regimen for like 3/4 years with a lot of trail and error, but this worked for me.

It works for me.

HOWEVER. I used the regimen twice a day UNTIL my face cleared up. After that, I use it every morning to maintain the clarity that my face has. At night I use AHA. Still trying to get rid of the AHA.

Bottom Line: Experiment, see what works for you. Good luck mate.

I use the regimen just once a day. It took about 3 months to clear completely with once a day use. I reduced the amount of BP to just once finger a night once I was clear and I'm staying clear.

I've noticed that in my teens my acne never scared or left marks. Once I hit my mid to late 20's I started having marks left behind and light scarring. I think it came from my skin not being as young as it once was. I've been using BP on and off since my teens and never had any problems with it causing scaring. But, I never used it in high quantities until the regimen either.

It works for me.

HOWEVER. I used the regimen twice a day UNTIL my face cleared up. After that, I use it every morning to maintain the clarity that my face has. At night I use AHA. Still trying to get rid of the AHA.

Bottom Line: Experiment, see what works for you. Good luck mate.

Why are you trying to get off the AHA? Doesn't it help keep skin tone even and stuff?

I used the regimen twice a day until i got cleared up.A month into it i incorporated aha everyday. I recently started using aha every other morning with the regimen every night. I must say if you are not taking zinc and fish oil supp. start. I contribute "some" of my success to these supplements.Mostly the regimen though :dance:

I have not visited these forums in ages but decided that I would drop in and share my success with the regimen I have used for several years only applying BP at night. It works very well for ME. I cannot guarantee it will work for YOU, but it was the only way I could handle the regimen in any form with my sensitive skin. What do I do, how do I do it? At night, I wash with basis sensitive skin soap, then add a few drops of Jojoba oil to hands and gently rub in onto damp face immediately following washing. I then wait around 5 minutes and apply the Acne.Org BP (I apply to my face, upper portion of back/trapezoid muscles, and chest). In the morning, I wash again with basis sensitive skin soap, shave with Gillette Sensor Excel (Nivea for men sensitive shaving cream) wait 5 minutes, and apply Acne.Org moisturizer with a few drops of Jojoba oil onto face/neck/upper back/chest. I am and have been for probably 3.5-4 years totally clear. I get an occasional pimple maybe one per week or less but that is it.

I had mild-moderate acne for years before starting the regimen, and every time I have strayed from this regimen I get continuous breakouts. I initially started out way before all of the Acne.Org products were made and used the Neutrogena BP applying the regimen twice per day using different moisturizers (Purpose, Neutrogena, Nivea, etc). No matter what I tried I either had chafed, red, irritated, or oily skin all of the time. It was not working for me and with extreme temperatures of the desert, and a job requiring me to go in and out of freezing temperatures/freezers every day I needed to try something else because my skin was getting worse.

So thats it, this has worked wonderfully for me and I can enjoy my day without having to worry about my face having clumps or flakes or so much irritation throughout my day and my skin is the best and most healthy it has ever been. Good luck and I hope whatever you try works well.