Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdioSyncrasy

Rant - Gotta get this off my chest

Okay, so I've got facial and body acne. The facial I've long gotten used to. The body acne on the other hand; no one sees that shit. Ergo when they do, it's like "wtf, you must be really dirty if you've got that crap on both your face AND body" (in my head anyway). Anyway, I started the bacne regimen last Tuesday. Results so far have been pretty cool, although I've still got plenty of the stuff on my back, they're getting smaller/less frequent/less obvious.

Now, the point of this rant. It's summer over here in Australia. I'm on my school holidays (6 weeks). In the first week alone I was invited swimming 4 times (need I mention the hot girls that were also invited?), once by my crush. Rejected all of them with lame excuses. Throughout this summer, I've rejected every single offer of swimming. What sucks more is that I've got a good physique (not bragging, I work out) and I wanna show it off. This Sunday, I'm going camping with a bunch of friends (including my crush). Swimming's basically gonna happen, no contention. I'm gonna HAVE to take my shirt off or look like an idiot with something to hide (you can only make so many lame excuses before people come onto you). Also I've been invited swimming again later this week by my crush. Ftl, gonna have to reject that offer too unless my body acne gets better. It's an email invitation; I'll probably just pretend I didn't check my email and missed the message.

Hoping to whatever powers there be that I clear up by the end of the week. Lest I just suck it up and hope my physique offsets my skin. /rant

P.S Any girls here, what do you think about guys with body acne (not cystic or anything)? What do you think you'd think if you yourself didn't suffer from acne? I know girls aren't as superficial as guys when it comes to the opposite sex, but teens are teens; if my back makes me cringe, I don't see why it won't make others do the same.

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

it really sucks to have body acne. i've turned down invitations to swim for the past 15 years.

the few times when i had no choice, i had to constantly try to angle my body away from people so they wouldnt see my body acne so clearly. it was painful!

however, none of my girlfriends seemed to mind my body acne, even though they only saw it after we got together. I guess they were aware of it and knew it was something i was dealing with, but they never ever made a big deal out of it and still loved me as much.

i still feel very self-conscious abt it though and still avoid at all costs gg around topless. and it sucks too cos i have a toned and pretty buff torso.

That must be hard for you, Idiosyncracy, i'm sorry to hear that :( you should try to forget about it (easier said than done I know) and just enjoy your summer, you don't wanna go back to school after being holed up in the house for 6 weeks.

And I wish we had some sun, it's freeeezing over here and making my face dry as heck :(

Edited by Chikorita

Man, like, I know its really easier said than done, when i was a teen i had REALLY bad acne on my face and body, used accutane and it got better

BUT

it took a loooong time till i could actually use accutane ($$$ issues mainly), so i had to live with it for some time

But like, its all about not caring too much - a friend of mine once said when i took out my shirt: dude thats pretty bad looking haha

but you know, you have to not let this get to you man

easier said than done, i know, but ive been where you are, and thing will get better

now, be strong and go get that hot chick, will ya? if you are a nice, upgoing and fun guy prolly you will have a better chance with her than if you are ashamed of showing your own body

the best advice i can give you is this: dont let it get to you too hard.

yours fabius

rock on

Edited by fabius

I'm gonna try and ignore it but it's hard. I swear, I'm the only guy in my whole school with this much acne. I've only seen one guy with acne as bad as mine (facial). I've never seen anyone at my school with bacne (as in more than just the odd pimple here and there).

And fabius yeah, I agree that confidence/fun etc attracts girls more than physical appearance. I've learned that through observation and experience. Girls aren't as superficial as guys. But this girl has NEVER seen my back. In fact, none of my friends have. Makes me cringe to think about it. Like when I wear a shirt, it hugs against my body and I look fit. Take it off and I still look fit. Nuked skin, but fit.

I can sort of imagine what'll happen:

From a distance: They see me with my shirt off and think "omg, hawt!"

They come within normal chatting distance and think "yuck, not so hawt..."

They've all got perfect skin. If they had some acne, I'd be more comfortable. But the whole bacne experience will be totally new to them.

Oh yeah; my crush asked me swimming today. It went:

"hey, you free tomorrow?"

"yeah"

"wanna come swimming?"

"nah"

In the space of 10 seconds. Yeah, I panicked. F*ck me.

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

I'm gonna try and ignore it but it's hard. I swear, I'm the only guy in my whole school with this much acne. I've only seen one guy with acne as bad as mine (facial). I've never seen anyone at my school with bacne (as in more than just the odd pimple here and there).

And fabius yeah, I agree that confidence/fun etc attracts girls more than physical appearance. I've learned that through observation and experience. Girls aren't as superficial as guys. But this girl has NEVER seen my back. In fact, none of my friends have. Makes me cringe to think about it. Like when I wear a shirt, it hugs against my body and I look fit. Take it off and I still look fit. Nuked skin, but fit.

They've all got perfect skin. If they had some acne, I'd be more comfortable. But the whole bacne experience will be totally new to them.

"yeah"

"wanna come swimming?"

"nah"

Just dont so what I did!!

Be grateful your friends are still asking you out but when you start ignoring them theyll stop and you will look bak at the days when you were all such good friends!!

You never know this might be a blessing in disguise, your crush might still like for who you are and you said you had an awesome physique, so why not??

Whatever you do dont ignore them trust me you will regret it ;)

Just dont so what I did!!

Be grateful your friends are still asking you out but when you start ignoring them theyll stop and you will look bak at the days when you were all such good friends!!

You never know this might be a blessing in disguise, your crush might still like for who you are and you said you had an awesome physique, so why not??

Whatever you do dont ignore them trust me you will regret it ;)

I get what you mean. The way I see it though, after this camp, where I'll almost certainly take my shirt off, I'll just start accepting swimming offers. I see this camp as the catalyst that causes me to cross the "threshold" of not caring.

shame you don't live in asia, here everyone swims everywhere (beach or pools) with their clothes on... especially women of course. but some men as well. (a combination of not wanting to get darker skin from the sun (seen as lower class) and traditional shy'ness).

Guest Chrisâ„¢

I don't know what your situation is with acne on your face, and I normally wouldn't say anything like this, not even on a forum, but I'll just be blunt about how I feel about "bacne".

DUDE, IT'S ON YOUR FUCKING BACK. WEAR A SHIRT AND NOBODY KNOWS. YOU CAN BANG A GIRL WITH YOUR SHIRT ON. TELL HER YOU ARE COLD OR SOMETHING. PROBLEM SOLVED. LET'S RECAP; IF YOU PUT A SHIRT ON, NOBODY WILL EVEN KNOW YOU HAVE "bacne".

So you can't take your shirt off at the beach, so fucking what man, be glad everything on your back isn't on your face. Like I said, I don't know how bad your facial acne is but if you're worrying about acne on your back then it can't be that bad...

Again, sorry to be harsh but that's just how I feel.

"yeah"

"wanna come swimming?"

"nah"

no one is perfect dude, for all you know they your guy friends could be lacking in the trouser department

try remember these words, they help me when i feel insecure around others

sometimes you’re ahead,

sometimes you’re behind…the race is long,

and in the end, it’s only with yourself

I don't know what your situation is with acne on your face, and I normally wouldn't say anything like this, not even on a forum, but I'll just be blunt about how I feel about "bacne".

DUDE, IT'S ON YOUR FUCKING BACK. WEAR A SHIRT AND NOBODY KNOWS. YOU CAN BANG A GIRL WITH YOUR SHIRT ON. TELL HER YOU ARE COLD OR SOMETHING. PROBLEM SOLVED. LET'S RECAP; IF YOU PUT A SHIRT ON, NOBODY WILL EVEN KNOW YOU HAVE "bacne".

So you can't take your shirt off at the beach, so fucking what man, be glad everything on your back isn't on your face. Like I said, I don't know how bad your facial acne is but if you're worrying about acne on your back then it can't be that bad...

That's a little too harsh imo...acne can destroy a person's confidence completely and I can relate to how the OP feels and I personally think you should go out swimming and try to have a great time before it's all over and you'll regret not doing anything over the summer. If you want to get closer to this crush you should be open and don't hide your bacne, if she can't see past acne then she probably wasn't worth it to begin with.

Acne on my face is as bad as my back if not worse.

See, the thing is, it's not so easy to wear a shirt. Imagine 5 guys, all of them take their shirts off. They all look at you. "Yo, you're gonna swim with your shirt on?" Yup. Kay, that might seem weird, but a one time thing, I guess it's okay.

Now, imagine that happening EVERY DAMN TIME I go swimming. It's like "dude, what're you hiding under there?" I can only make so many bs excuses before people start getting suspicious. The reason I don't mind my face so much (it sucks when I meet new people though) is because there's nothing I can do about it; they've already seen it. They're used to it. It's normal to get acne there. On the back? Not so. Obviously it's no biggie here, but I doubt bacne's even a possibility in a teen's mind. I know when I first got it I was like "wtf, you can get acne on your BACK? Holy crap."

Also what excuse am I gonna use here? It's summer in AUSTRALIA. It's god damn hot at hell. 36 degrees today alone.

To be honest, over here, the only people that swim with shirts on are the one's who have something to hide. Eg: fat people.

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Damn man, if only you realized how much you are over-thinking this, you would be amazed. Don't let something so fucking petty as acne on your back keep you from going to the beach with your friends, or taking your shirt off, or anything else. I've had severe scars all over my face for like 6 years dude, non-hideable, hypertrophic scars. I don't let that stop me from approaching girls and shit, why the hell would you let something like acne on your BACK stop you? Seriously, it's not such a big deal as you think it is. Chances are, nobody will say anything to you anyway if they see acne on your back. If they do say something negative, just shake that shit off man, it's not like your friends will abandon you forever if they find out you have some acne on your back... As for the girls? Who knows, some may be so superficial as to not like you because you have acne on your back. Would you even want a girl like that anyway though? Don't let this petty shit drag you down.

See, the thing is, it's not so easy to wear a shirt. Imagine 5 guys, all of them take their shirts off. They all look at you. "Yo, you're gonna swim with your shirt on?" Yup. Kay, that might seem weird, but a one time thing, I guess it's okay.
Edited by Chrisâ„¢

Body acne sucks. I can't imagine. :( I'm sorry!

I've just got it on my shoulders and some on my back, but I'm scared to wear tanktops in public. I'm not worried about my face because that's something I can cover with makeup. Body acne is another story. All my acne is pretty mild, and while it is, I'm still very insecure about my shoulder and back acne.

But hey... you only live once. You know? Don't do anything you're going to regret. I doubt people will care. We are our worst critics.

I just say go for it... life shouldn't be sheltered. Go out and have fun. If something happens, at least you did it, right? Sometimes you just have to take the chance. As Sirius Black once said, "What's life without a little risk?" :P

Damn man, if only you realized how much you are over-thinking this, you would be amazed. Don't let something so fucking petty as acne on your back keep you from going to the beach with your friends, or taking your shirt off, or anything else. I've had severe scars all over my face for like 6 years dude, non-hideable, hypertrophic scars. I don't let that stop me from approaching girls and shit, why the hell would you let something like acne on your BACK stop you? Seriously, it's not such a big deal as you think it is. Chances are, nobody will say anything to you anyway if they see acne on your back. If they do say something negative, just shake that shit off man, it's not like your friends will abandon you forever if they find out you have some acne on your back... As for the girls? Who knows, some may be so superficial as to not like you because you have acne on your back. Would you even want a girl like that anyway though? Don't let this petty shit drag you down.

I'm perfectly aware that most of this is in my head. Doesn't make it any easier. I see it like this; an anorexic doesn't eat cos s/he think they're fat. To everyone else, they're not. To them, they may as well be composed of lard, regardless of everyone else's opinion. Same thing here. I think my bacne's bad as hell. To everyone else, it might be not so bad. Whilst I'm aware of this fact, I still think it' s bad regardless.

When you get older, you realize that you control your own damn life. You can't let people (even if they are your close friends) dictate what you do... Peer pressure is a part of growing up, but if you realize how stupid it is, then you'll be much happier not giving into it.

Eh, conformity is basic psychology. In most situations, not conforming isn't a good idea for your social status.

Ok, 5 guys took their shirt off and asked you if you're going to take yours off. What do you do? You do whatever the hell you want to do. If you don't want to take your shirt off, then don't. If you want to take your shirt off, then take your damn shirt off. Ok, now they see your back acne. So what? They are not going to drown you in the ocean because you have back acne. You don't have to make up stupid excuses for anyone dude.

You see that. I see this:

5 guys take their shirt off. It's hot as hell. You've got no logical reason not to take your shirt off. This happens every time you swim. Ergo you must be hiding something bad. Using logic, it makes sense that what's on your face is on your body. They work it out. They're bound to gossip. You end up feeling like shit knowing they're talking about your pus filled pimples.

Assuming you do take your shirt off:

They see your back. They see that it's a mine field waiting to go off. They keep quiet about it but you notice their stares. You know that once the day's over, your bacne's gonna be the latest gossip. Sure, they might not talk about it in a malevolent way, but they'll talk about it. Again, you feel like shit knowing this fact.

Again, I'm aware that most of it's in my head. From a logical standpoint, it's pointless, counterproductive and relatively superficial a subject to think about. From a social standpoint, I don't feel like having my bacne advertised behind my back (intentionally or not).

I'm perfectly aware that most of this is in my head. Doesn't make it any easier. I see it like this; an anorexic doesn't eat cos s/he think they're fat. To everyone else, they're not. To them, they may as well be composed of lard, regardless of everyone else's opinion. Same thing here. I think my bacne's bad as hell. To everyone else, it might be not so bad. Whilst I'm aware of this fact, I still think it' s bad regardless.

When you get older, you realize that you control your own damn life. You can't let people (even if they are your close friends) dictate what you do... Peer pressure is a part of growing up, but if you realize how stupid it is, then you'll be much happier not giving into it.

Eh, conformity is basic psychology. In most situations, not conforming isn't a good idea for your social status.

Ok, 5 guys took their shirt off and asked you if you're going to take yours off. What do you do? You do whatever the hell you want to do. If you don't want to take your shirt off, then don't. If you want to take your shirt off, then take your damn shirt off. Ok, now they see your back acne. So what? They are not going to drown you in the ocean because you have back acne. You don't have to make up stupid excuses for anyone dude.

You see that. I see this:

5 guys take their shirt off. It's hot as hell. You've got no logical reason not to take your shirt off. This happens every time you swim. Ergo you must be hiding something bad. Using logic, it makes sense that what's on your face is on your body. They work it out. They're bound to gossip. You end up feeling like shit knowing they're talking about your pus filled pimples.

Assuming you do take your shirt off:

They see your back. They see that it's a mine field waiting to go off. They keep quiet about it but you notice their stares. You know that once the day's over, your bacne's gonna be the latest gossip. Sure, they might not talk about it in a malevolent way, but they'll talk about it. Again, you feel like shit knowing this fact.

Again, I'm aware that most of it's in my head. From a logical standpoint, it's pointless, counterproductive and relatively superficial a subject to think about. From a social standpoint, I don't feel like having my bacne advertised behind my back (intentionally or not).

Dont worry I used to think like this but when you realise what your saying you understand that its right.

People arent going to talk about your bacne like the biggest gossip story ever.

Im sure they have much better things to do!

There is a guy in my class with bacne and when he took his shirt off i was like woah but no one said anything again.

People wont talk I swear

yeh its toughh haha i ahd it too. alot of the times u get it on ur back and chest cuase after you play a sport like i do or you work out or sweat, you dont shower right away and the bacteria and bad crap gets on there and thats waht makes it happen. make sure after you work out or that matter to change ur clothes too cuase the sweat cligns to ur body from your clothes. sorry my typing sucks haha. anyways i recoomend getting the oxy pads, i used those on my chest and back ilke 3 times a day and they went away in a while, but came back cuase i was too lazy to buy more hahaha there not that e xpesnvie ilke 5 bucks a pop and it helps alot to clean up if u dont hae time to shower. BUTT showers insanely important too so make sure u shower after and then apply pads for extra intensityy haha they have some soap bars with beads in them that u can scrub on those areas and it goes away after a whiel too i heard but wat worked for me was the oxy pads.

regards!

Haha I thought this thread was dead. I've learned; my bacne's no big deal. It still looks shit to me but god, I wish summer could redo itself. I wish it'd come back ASAP. I've been swimming twice this summer. The reactions I got when I took my shirt off were far from what I expected. Idk if I mentioned I work out in this thread, but I do. It's a pretty sick feeling taking your shirt off and having girls literally go "omg" and watching them check you out.

Okay, so I've got facial and body acne. The facial I've long gotten used to. The body acne on the other hand; no one sees that shit. Ergo when they do, it's like "wtf, you must be really dirty if you've got that crap on both your face AND body" (in my head anyway). Anyway, I started the bacne regimen last Tuesday. Results so far have been pretty cool, although I've still got plenty of the stuff on my back, they're getting smaller/less frequent/less obvious.

Now, the point of this rant. It's summer over here in Australia. I'm on my school holidays (6 weeks). In the first week alone I was invited swimming 4 times (need I mention the hot girls that were also invited?), once by my crush. Rejected all of them with lame excuses. Throughout this summer, I've rejected every single offer of swimming. What sucks more is that I've got a good physique (not bragging, I work out) and I wanna show it off. This Sunday, I'm going camping with a bunch of friends (including my crush). Swimming's basically gonna happen, no contention. I'm gonna HAVE to take my shirt off or look like an idiot with something to hide (you can only make so many lame excuses before people come onto you). Also I've been invited swimming again later this week by my crush. Ftl, gonna have to reject that offer too unless my body acne gets better. It's an email invitation; I'll probably just pretend I didn't check my email and missed the message.

Hoping to whatever powers there be that I clear up by the end of the week. Lest I just suck it up and hope my physique offsets my skin. /rant

P.S Any girls here, what do you think about guys with body acne (not cystic or anything)? What do you think you'd think if you yourself didn't suffer from acne? I know girls aren't as superficial as guys when it comes to the opposite sex, but teens are teens; if my back makes me cringe, I don't see why it won't make others do the same.

Ok this might sound stupid, but ive scene it done before... If it really bothers you, go in the pool with an under shirt on. Ive scene it done before, and i myself actually did it one time when I had a nasty sun burn that I didnt want to get worse.

I've never had a problem with body acne myself until recently. I have no idea why but a few months ago I started breaking out on my back. Not a lot, but they were bigger ones that took a while to leave. Anyway, I started using head and shoulders on it and its working very nicely. Almost gone.

Side note, did anyone else start reading this post in their head with an Australian accent when he mentioned he was from there, lol. I had fun with it. I wish I was Australian. Body acne or not, if you come over to the U.S. with that accent you'll get girls easily.