Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HereForThis8

Scared out of my mind

Hey guys, well heres my story/rant... About 3 months ago i had a nasty break out so i decided to go on accutane, about 10 days into it i started to get a nasty breakout which i had no idea was supposed to happen... i stopped taking it and about a week later my skin was looking better then ever. But unfortunately my acne came back worse then ever... and now im just so sick of it that i decided to start back up on the remaining 20 days worth of accutane pills i have but of course will go for the whole 3 month period, longer if needed. I have one quick question... when i stopped taking the pills my break out stopped pretty quickly, did it stop because i stopped taking it or because that was the end of the break out? The breakout lasted about a week. Also I have to say i was looking at the before and after pictures, and i gotta say KUDOS, my acne is not nearly as bad (no offense) as the ones in the picture but i know what you guys had to go through and have alot of respect for you guys for sticking it out. Good job. Finally should i expect the same results? to break out like no other? I heard some people dont break out at all. Iv already canceled most of my face to face classes in college to spare my self, guess ill just take a semester off. My major concern is work...

Usually, it's the dermatologist to decide how much you need, what you need and when you need it. Initial Breakouts are the most common 'side-effect (it isn't really)' of the medicine and I can't believe you didn't know about it since it's stated everywhere...

Don't do irrational things.