Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am wondering if anyone has gotten a facial while on Accutane? I am thinking as long as they don't exfoliate or at least not a harsh exfoliation, it may be ok. But is all that squeezing a good idea?

About 3 months into my course I got some extractions done by an aesthetician. I was really happy I did it, because I had some closed pores that were still not clearing after 3 months. After that there were a few cysts that popped up throughout the remainder of my course, but I felt the extractions really helped a lot.

I was red for about 24 hours afterward, but I just moisturized and used my trusty neosporin and it was fine.

I got a voucher for christmas and thought I'd use it for a facial, but on a form I had to say wether I was on accutane or not, when they found out I was they said they could not do a facial :( She gave me a massage instead, but that she shouldnt even be doing that.

as a licensed esthetician, who is on accutane, i would advise you not to get a facial while on accutane unless the esthetician you are seeing uses gentle products. your skin becomes like "tissue paper" when you are on accutane. it is best to stay away from getting any sort of treatments done to your skin. the esthetician who had done extractions on the gal above me should NOT have done that, especially if she used an extractor. all in all if your going to get a facial, make sure no exfoliators are used or harsh masques. they would have to use products that are meant for sensitive skin and be REALLLLY careful.