Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nappyjim

WOW! Look at the change.

WOW! Save Your Pictures People!!

So you can look back and see how far you've come. Today I was feeling kinda down cause I had a new pimple near my mouth and when i popped it, i also popped a blood vessel near it, so it looks worse.

Anyway, i was browsing my computer and found the folder where I saved all my old acne pics. Take a look at the difference. :o

user posted image

user posted image

I saw your regimen, anyone think the vaseline couldhave helped? your face is looking GREAT better than mine and i didn't get it as bad as u did

i smear oil all over my face before i go to bed.

no really, no secret. That first pic was taken when i was going my retin a micro regimen. That was around a year ago. The second pic i just took today.

Umm, no secret really...i'll tell you what I do.

-Use a cetaphil type cleanser...cleanse for no more than 15 seconds real light.

-Wait 5-10 min. Apply Dans BP generosuly.

-If im going out, ill apply mostrizer about 15 min later so that i can put on some concealer. If im not going out, i might put on the mostrzier, i might not. Depends if i remeber it/not lazy etc.

- Drink a gallon of water each day. Literally, i fill a gallon jug with water the night before and take it to work and then to the gym and then home. Drink from it.

- Im also working out now, so im overloading on alot of vitamins. Not sure if that has an effect or not, but im getting between 100% and 5000% of the daily value of every essential vitam. a,c,d,e, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, b6, folic acid, b12, biotin, b5, calcium, iodine, zinc, manganese, as well as about 20 performace optimzier. Its no joke man, i take a packet of 11 pills everyday. 3 of the pills are the size of your normal tynols, the other 8 are about 4x the size.

- Also drink a protein shake everyday which gives me about 100 grams of protein.

-cut down the 1 soda a day.

- i also take b5. i do this for my bacane though, it doesnt help my face for some reason

Now, ill be frank with you. Now a days, im not sticking strictly to the regimen as i should be. My schedule is a little weird so i can not apply the bp twice a day at around 12 hour intervals. What i have to end up doing is applying bp at 1pm and then 9pm. BUT i must stress to you, im on day 92 of the regimen. When i first started, i was sticking to the regimen religiosuly and i think you NEED to do that when first starting.

Is my skin perfect yet, no by no means. Is it a lot better? Yah. If im in a hurry, would i run outside with putting any concealer on my face, yes. Could i do that before...no.

I think another important thing is to only think about your acne when your doing the regimen. The rest of the day it should not cross your mind. Now i know this is hard and it aint something you can just tell yourself to do, but it will come with time. To be honest with you, Up to around day 50 or so, i would think about my acne a lot. But after i got better and better, i just stopped thinking about it. I wasnt running to the mirror every few hours. Its just comes with time.

All i can say is stick with the regimen. This is my 3rd round on it, but the fist time ive stuck with it. And thats thanks to dan making his BP gel which i like 100000 billion times more than the neutrogena.

If youve gone 6 weeks and you havent seen dramtic results, stick with it. I kick myself now to think where i would have been right now if i would have stuck with the regimen the first time i did it. I might have had a good 2 years of my life back.

edit: no the vasline didnt have anything to do with it. I did the vaseline for a few nights but then stopped due to the messiness

Wow. Congrats! Is there anything you did to help fade red marks? Or did you just let time take care of that. Because it seems you had a lot and now I don't see any at all.

- I get my b5 here, http://www.b5supplements.com/ I dont think stores carry it

- for red marks, time basically. And like i said, some are still there, my skin is by no means 1 shade perfect color or anything, although the picture would have you believe that.

-yes, dans regimen

Oh man!!! nappyjim you look great, bro!!! I'm so happy for you! I think my skin is currently in your before state too. I'mma check up on your regime and I'm crossing my fingers for myself and anyone else out there who will try nappyjim's regime too!!! Congrats again nappyjim!

Also, i would like to add everyday i drink 20 oz of milk with my shake, so for all those who are steadfast in believeing that milk affects acne...eat that.

Oh yes, i also only wash my face with the coldest water possible.

thanks for all the compliments guys.

Im also at the stage now where I am comfortable enough to go outside or work without puttin on any makeup. My skin isnt completely one tone yet, buts thats alright.

So if anyone is wondering how long red marks take to fade considerably, im on day 90 or so of the regimen.

One more thing i want to add is that apply the BP very gently like dan says. You might think your doing it gently, but do it even gentler. You barely want to touch your face when your putting it on. You dont think it would make a difference, but for some reason, it does.

thanks for all the compliments guys.

Im also at the stage now where I am comfortable enough to go outside or work without puttin on any makeup.  My skin isnt completely one tone yet, buts thats alright.

So if anyone is wondering how long red marks take to fade considerably, im on day 90 or so of the regimen.

One more thing i want to add is that apply the BP very gently like dan says.  You might think your doing it gently, but do it even gentler.  You barely want to touch your face when your putting it on.  You dont think it would make a difference, but for some reason, it does.

retin a micro didnt work for ME.

doesnt mean it wont work for you. But for me, it made me a lot worse after the first 2 weeks and then seemed to just bring me back to my pre-retin a state.