Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone seen this thing?! If not you can look it up on itunes under "acne app". It's supposed to help by using different colored lights against your skin (like those more expensive kits/light therapy does), but this app is just 1.99. Has anyone tried it? I figure for 2 bucks I'll give it a go.

I bought it yesterday. It says the blue light is supposed to help kill bacteria while the red light is supposed to help heal skin. So I mean, as much money as we spend on other things for acne, might as well spend 2 bucks on this =P

Lmao. Honestly the crap I see on the App Store these days...it amazes me.

You need special lights that emit a different wavelength of light, of a MUCH greater intensity. The app obviously only emits blue lights within the standard RGB visible spectrum. It's crap. The most you might get out of it is damaged eyes.

Edited by SilentWalker

@SilentWalker - yeah that makes sense. I don't know why I bought this, pretty stupid when I take a step back =P Oh well.

I have a light therapy device which set me back some money. I've only been using it for a month but it's got LED lights (blue/red) which emit different wavelengths. The Iphone application won't work. It'll be like painting a normal light blue. It will be too little to help, if at all.

is there anythign the iphone can't do?

I read an article in a London newspaper today about a new iPhone app that you can use to borrow up to £1000 and have it in your account in 15 minutes. But the interest rate is somewhere near 3000%!! A £1000 loan would become around £2800 within 6 months!

is there anythign the iphone can't do?

I read an article in a London newspaper today about a new iPhone app that you can use to borrow up to £1000 and have it in your account in 15 minutes. But the interest rate is somewhere near 3000%!! A £1000 loan would become around £2800 within 6 months!

i see in your regimen you use My skin matte moisturiser , i use this too but i just bought the last one the other day in tesco and it seems like they haven't restocked in while ( It was sitting on the shelf by itself for ages ) so i was wondering if you knew if any where else has it.

thank you

i see in your regimen you use My skin matte moisturiser , i use this too but i just bought the last one the other day in tesco and it seems like they haven't restocked in while ( It was sitting on the shelf by itself for ages ) so i was wondering if you knew if any where else has it.

thank you

I first bought it at a Tesco in Essex and they had lots of it. Then I moved to Guildford and initially the Tesco here didn't have it. But the last time I bought it they did. Its produced by Tesco so thatll be the only place you could buy it.

Article

A specially-developed iPhone application will ‘zap wrinkles and acne’, while you chat on the phone, claims the dermatologist behind it.

Dr Greg Pearson’s AcneApp uses 420 nanometer blue light and 550 nanometer red light to help kill bacteria and promote collagen growth.

The app, which costs just (£1.19) $1.99, reportedly works on the skin while users talk on their iPhone or iPod Touch.

The AcneApp claims to 'zap wrinkles and acne' using 420 nonometer blue light and 550 nanometer red light

Dr Pearson, of Houston, told the New York Times: ‘This would have to go through a lot more clinical study before I could quantify its efficacy.’

But he added he was ‘fascinated by the concept that users would potentially be able to treat their acne while talking on the phone.’

However, New York dermatologist Dr Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, voiced scepticism about the AcneApp.

She told the paper: ‘In studies we’ve done, data has shown that both blue and red light have a low efficacy range in acne treatment.

‘But it took dozens, and I mean dozens – 88 treatments – of the therapy, before we could see any results.’

She voiced further concerns about possible harmful effects of ultraviolet rays while the iPhone or iPod Touch is being used.

So apparently there is a new app for the iphone that "prevents pimples and reverses aging by bombarding the user's face with red and blue light. The blue light supposedly kills bacteria and the red light apparently acts as an anti-inflammatory so that purchasers can 'treat their acne while talking on the phone'."

Sounds ridiculous but who knows. I know you can get this kind of "light therapy" done at the dermatologist or buy a lamp of your own to use at home, but both are more expensive than $1.99.

Hey Guys!

Apart form technology upboost,do you really believe this is possible scientifically. A mobile application treating your acne :D

I mean if this is really so, it is incredible but sense of mine is not accepting it. Any one who has applied it and want to authenticate this application, kindly share your honest reviews. KIt might help many of us. Thanks