Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RickRoss

Day 1 to Whenever

I started the Regimen today, although there are some slight tweaks. I am using Clean & Clearn Foaming Facial Wash as was recommended. This is nothing against Dan's cleanser I just had this easily available and am still on this bottle from a month ago. From my reasearch the BP treatment is the money maker here and I made sure to purchase that from danielkearn.com. I am looking forward to trying BP as I haven't had any since Proactiv. Finally as a moisturizer I am using something off the board. Colostrum Cream, yes it is infact made from Cow's milk. This is strictly for it's EGF (a scar and hyperpigmentation saver!) This product is also new to me, but once again the moisturizer was negotiable. This is Day 1 and I just wanted to explain what I will be doing and what I am using. I will continue to update my progress, and I'll focus on a 1 month mark.

History of me, I am 19 years old and have suffered since 13 getting really bad from 16-18. This year my skin has been bad by normal standards, but improving by my standards lol. I looked for a major change as this is getting old and really demoralizing as you all know. In terms of why I have no progress pictures, this is strictly a matter of self esteem, my skin is bad right now, but going back to school tomorrow I really don't want this to ruin my week. Forgive me for not providing any, but this is strictly personal.

Thanks Alot,

Richard Rossdale

It's okay that you didn't post any pictures, RickRoss. You don't have to if you don't want to.

I wish you the best of luck with The Regimen. It's been great for me, and I always get excited when I read about new people starting it.

Also, since you seem to be planning to use this thread to keep track of your progress, I've gone ahead and moved it over to the Acne.org Regimen Logs board. ; )

Thanks alot for the move.

Day 2

This moring was night and day compaired to yesterday, it is too early for the BP to be making an impression so I believe that this Colostrum Cream may be a winner. My breakout has came to a complete hult and the noticeable blemishes have calmed completely. Now due to BP lightening attributes any blemishes near any form of hair IE eyebrows, hair line, I use any form of clay spot treatment. Go to any health store buy green clay, bentonite clay both are winners. Although the bentonite clay works much better make sure you wipe that area when your in the shower because I have left some on by accident before. Neways Day 2 has been great thus far and I'll keep you updated.

Richard Rossdale

Good luck on your journey! Dan's BP is great. I started recently too and I am trying to focus on the clear skin which will happen in the next month or two. :D

Good luck!

I started about 2 months ago and, the logs are fantastic. Great for keeping track of how your doing. I'll be following this one for sure :)

I appreciate all the support from all of you. Thanks Alot!

Day 3-

Things are going well again. No new blemishes, just dealing with the remaining ones. I have been impressed with the new regimen thus far and am looking optimistic going forward. Let me talk a little more about the colostrum cream for starters I purchased it at www.purebodysolutions.com, colostrum is the milk a cow gives off for a few days after calfing. This milk is much more nutricious and loaded with vitamins. It also contains immune boosters, so you could also take this in pill form for good all around health. I am not using the pills or any form of supplement, except 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 1 Tbsp Brewer's Yeast in the evening. That is strictly for the vitamins so it isn't necessary in this regimen. The main reason for the Colostrum cream is it contains EGF which is in a lot of scar creams, it helps cells rebuild and has had good results in a lot of cases. This is my first time using EGF and one of it's side effects was that it can thin facial hair and eventually it will prohibit facial hair growth. Now this may sound alarming, but the hair grows as normal if you discontinue any use. So anyone with facial hair just be warned to watch this stuff lol. Honestly I have seen no difference in the way my facial hair grows, but in a few posts I'll be sure to update you on anything. That's about it for today, going good though.

Richard Rossdale

Day 4-

Things are going great still, in the form of scarring well there hasn't really hasn't been an improvement as is expected. But no new blemishes! Last night I really felt as though a breakout was coming on but voila nothing. Going good!

Day 5, 6 & 7

Hey sorry for not posting I had to attend a funeral over the weekend. Neways acne is almost non existant however blackheads are still there and my face is iritated and flaking bad!!! I am moturizing to make due but my face needs about double moisture right now. I would rather have dry skin than acne any day. Im still very happy. Also I tried doing have a squirt of BP morning and night, way to drying

Ill ease into it. Thanks for reading

Gossip Girl xoxo

Day 8,9,10,11

Sorry about not posting these for days at a time but I am really busy with school at the moment. So here is how things have been, my skin has been very iritated this week. And flaking like a mother! I still am unable to use BP twice a day way to drying. In terms of acne well I have two bumps around my lips(the typical breakout area) and doubt anything will come of them to be honest. Mainly my skin always feels gross, hence making me feel like I am completely broken out although in the mirror my face is only red and no blemishes are overly apparent. So technically things are going well. However I am now forced to use an essential oil on my face just to moisturize and it isn't going great for my skin and I feel a breakout coming on soon :S.

I will update you on how things are. Week 2 is much worse than the first

Richard Rossdale

Week 5

I had not seen a need to post continuously as results were up and down. I was waiting to get a clear idea of how everything was working. Well tomorrow is exactly 5 weeks from when I started. And am I completely clear no... not by any means. I had a week (3-4) where I was not getting an acne. But that is over, an odd time though to have a breakout as I did a few days ago. It is clearing now but blemishes are always popping up. This is the point in a regimen where things arn't going well enough to say this is perfect, but not bad enough to say this is useless. I am concerned though. We all aim for 8 weeks as a point where clarity is assumed. Im not particularily convinced that the regimen is making all the difference, as the breakouts are only not as harsh. Considerably less white heads, but I am getting acne in different form I didnt necessarily have before such as under the skin spots. I am moderately optimistic for the future of the regimen and am not displeased with it thus far. It has been an interesting experience.

Still chasing clarity,

Richard Rossdale

I'm almost at week 6 now. I too find it is up and down, last week I looked terrible at week 5. Looking a bit better now though I still break out. It's just a waiting game, I know it works as it has worked for me in the past. It isn't plain sailing in the early months, you just have to grin and bear the problems. I ditched Dan's moisturiser and that has helped me alot, I'm hoping by week 10 I will be feeling really good about my skin!

I'm almost at week 6 now. I too find it is up and down, last week I looked terrible at week 5. Looking a bit better now though I still break out. It's just a waiting game, I know it works as it has worked for me in the past. It isn't plain sailing in the early months, you just have to grin and bear the problems. I ditched Dan's moisturiser and that has helped me alot, I'm hoping by week 10 I will be feeling really good about my skin!

I really appreciate your post, and I too am optimistic. Regardless of breakouts here and breakouts there. It is easier to get up in the morning since starting this regimen. I wish you the best of luck also :)

Week 7

Hello everyone I just started week 7 and as I said before, not clear at this point. But the struggle continues. I had large blemishes at the side of each cheek.Probely the worst place to get them because it hurts everytime you flex your mouth. This process has still been a struggle for me, as my self esteem is as low as possible. Still havent seen any definitve results. Red spots are still brutally aparent. The fight continues

I totally feel where you are. I felt like i was making some progress last week and then this week looking in the mirror and even if the breakouts have dimished cant help but feel like the most unattractive ME possible. I am only on week 3 but i feel like its moving at a snail pace. I see youre into week 7 so i think its just a matter of time before you take that turn into clear skin and see better results. Lets keep at it, for now i am avoiding mirrors as much as possible, however, the look on other peoples faces is mirror enough for me! I wonder if i moved to an uncivilized country and ate rabbit food and left the pending worry of people seeing my face, if that would diminsh our sadness? Keep us updated!

3 Months

So sorry for not replying in quite a long time, my acne story is consitently the same so I didn't want to bore you all with this. Anyways, my acne is ok, Blackheads are less, blemishes are not so common and seem to focus only in certain areas as we all know. Im satisfied, some days are perfect, others are hell (such as today) however blemishes pop up out of nowhere more now than a month ago, and are quite considerable in size and pain. The struggle continues

4 Months

So I am just coming to the 4th month period, skin is considerably better, compaired to January. Currently suffering with a breakout, this is a standard practice, once a week for a day or two my skin is horrible, but I have a few days of peace after that. My biggest concern lately has been blackheads. No difference since day 1 , nada. I am really beginning to treat them as my skin is somewhat under control but have had no success. The struggle continues as we all know.

Richard Rossdale