Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Candida, fats and fruit

This whole candida issue is driving me mad as i have tried both sort of diets, high fat and low fat. With high fat my face always gets that horrible oily feeling but with a low fat fruit diet my stomach instantly feels clogged up and i cant go to the toilet barely at all. I just cant seem to go on either of them and i know if i mix it up so im getting fats and fruit, im still not going to win because one of them will be making the candida issue worse.

For the people that have gone high fat, when you ate fruits before you started the diet how did you react to them? Was it just that they made you breakout? I dont find fruits do that to me so that makes me feel as if i should go low fat, but as ive said and made threads about it before if i do that my stomach just feels as if its then blocked up. Adding fat into my diet then defiently helped to go to the toilet again. I sure do wish this was abit simpler than it is haha...

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Why not moderate fat, moderate low-GI carbs (not a lot of fruit)?

I would like to go this way but wouldnt i still be feeding the candida with one of them? With all the sites i read it either says sugar or fat is the problem, so i thought if i was having both then i would still be feeding it.

To me the problem is not fat, but carbs. Remember that you do not have to to stay in a candida forever, but just as long as it takes for you to manage your candida.

To me the problem is not fat, but carbs. Remember that you do not have to to stay in a candida forever, but just as long as it takes for you to manage your candida.

Yeh it will be nice when its all over, but im having a problem getting started. I cant believe i ate one kiwi for my lunch today and my stomach got that clogged up feeling straight away, i have no idea whats going on :( Does anyone have ideas at all as to why i cant seem to handle fruits?

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Why not moderate fat, moderate low-GI carbs (not a lot of fruit)?

I would like to go this way but wouldnt i still be feeding the candida with one of them? With all the sites i read it either says sugar or fat is the problem, so i thought if i was having both then i would still be feeding it.

No. One of the most important things for keeping Candida under control, in my experience, is to prevent blood sugar spikes. You can do this by eating a low GI/GL diet.

I tried low-fat/high-carb briefly and it was terrible for my Candida symptoms. I've also done low-carb/high-fat, and it works well... but I don't NEED to limit carbs that much, and I don't think it's healthy to limit them that much unless you really have to. I can eat a moderate amount of low or medium-GL carbs with no problems, as long as I eat them with some fat and protein.

Your problem with fruit might just be because of Candida overgrowth. It's hard to say..

Yeh it will be nice when its all over, but im having a problem getting started. I cant believe i ate one kiwi for my lunch today and my stomach got that clogged up feeling straight away, i have no idea whats going on :( Does anyone have ideas at all as to why i cant seem to handle fruits?

What are you eating in addition to your fruits?

You're supposed to eat fruit in the morning with nothing else. I'm reading Natalia Rose's The Raw Food Detox Diet and she explains that if you eat certain types of foods together or close together, it can hinder your digestion.

The groups you should never have together are starches, protein or "flesh foods", nuts/dried fruit, and fruit. Basically, if you eat something with protein and follow it up with fruit anymore than 3-4 hours after consuming it, you may have issues digesting it.

I feel your agony. I'm confused about candida. Some say it's cause by too much sugar. Others say it's caused because of high fat consumption. At first I thought the high fat theory sounded off, but after researching it, it seems to make some sense, too. I've read a lot of people in support of one or the other.

So which is a good idea to follow?

Who the hell knows anymore.

I may attempt a dominantly raw food diet, eating small amounts of fruit for breakfast only and see if it has an impact in the way that I feel or on my skin.

Paul have you tried HCl with meals? It sounds like you are not digesting your food properly if your stomach feels clogged after eating.

What are you eating in addition to your fruits?

You're supposed to eat fruit in the morning with nothing else. I'm reading Natalia Rose's The Raw Food Detox Diet and she explains that if you eat certain types of foods together or close together, it can hinder your digestion.

The groups you should never have together are starches, protein or "flesh foods", nuts/dried fruit, and fruit. Basically, if you eat something with protein and follow it up with fruit anymore than 3-4 hours after consuming it, you may have issues digesting it.

I feel your agony. I'm confused about candida. Some say it's cause by too much sugar. Others say it's caused because of high fat consumption. At first I thought the high fat theory sounded off, but after researching it, it seems to make some sense, too. I've read a lot of people in support of one or the other.

So which is a good idea to follow?

Who the hell knows anymore.

I may attempt a dominantly raw food diet, eating small amounts of fruit for breakfast only and see if it has an impact in the way that I feel or on my skin.

Usually my diet consists of a green smoothie in the morning which i dont feel like i have any problems with and then my dinner and tea can vary. I usually always have fruit on its own, yesterday for example i had a green smoothie in the morning at around 7.45am, the next thing i ate was a kiwi at 1pm and it just seemed to completely destroy my stomach.

Today i had my green smoothie, then for lunch ive had sweet potatoes, cucumber and tuna; this has also pretty much crippled my stomach and i very much doubt ill be eating anything else today :( Im guessing this is telling me the problem is fiber, as i dont have any problems eating tuna usually. It seems weird because i dont think theres a blockage or anything, i will have a horrible feeling stomach all of tonight and i will be able to go to the toilet tomorrow morning. Then it will all start again if i have some fruit or some sort of fiber, maybe it will be a good idea to skip the green smoothie in the morning just to see if this makes any different to what i eat later on in the day.

It defiently does seem very difficult which to choose, i just decided low fat because of certain good fats making my face oily and causing breakouts. When i tried the low fat diet a few months ago i really wish i had stuck to it as i wasnt having any problems at all with the fruit.

Edited by Paul25

Paul have you tried HCl with meals? It sounds like you are not digesting your food properly if your stomach feels clogged after eating.

Nopes i havnt. I seem to be fine with other foods like chicken, eggs etc though and i would assume they are more difficult to digest than fruit so i really cant make it out. I shall have a look into HCl though, thanks for the recommendation :)

This is starting to drive me crazy now, i go to the toilet every morning but for the rest of the day my stomach feels completely blocked up. I dont understand it :( Would maybe doing a fast for a few days help? I have had times where ive eaten chocolate, maybe thats blocked me up and my body needs time to clear it all? That wouldnt exactly explain why i cant go to the toilet in the morning though :(

Edited by Paul25

This whole candida issue is driving me mad as i have tried both sort of diets, high fat and low fat. With high fat my face always gets that horrible oily feeling but with a low fat fruit diet my stomach instantly feels clogged up and i cant go to the toilet barely at all. I just cant seem to go on either of them and i know if i mix it up so im getting fats and fruit, im still not going to win because one of them will be making the candida issue worse.

For the people that have gone high fat, when you ate fruits before you started the diet how did you react to them? Was it just that they made you breakout? I dont find fruits do that to me so that makes me feel as if i should go low fat, but as ive said and made threads about it before if i do that my stomach just feels as if its then blocked up. Adding fat into my diet then defiently helped to go to the toilet again. I sure do wish this was abit simpler than it is haha...

I have suffered alot when it comes to Candida. I had it really bad that I could not even leave the house for days, and I could not even close my legs! I had it for months straight. All the stuff the Gyno gave me DID NOT WORK (it made it worst)! I ended up doing research, and I went to a health store asking about GSE, and tea tree oil. Let me tell you that both of it worked wonders (much better than any meds that the Gyno gave me), and at the mean time I took probiotics! The best probiotic for Candida is Acidophilus! I feel like that stuff saved me! I am not going to tell you how I took GSE, and tea tree oil because I do not want you get the wrong doses, because everyone is diffrent. Plus not everyone is able to use tea tree oil. Go to a natural health food store, and ask if they know a natural health expert.

Thats right. Eating too many carbs, drinking high amounts of fruit juice, eating sugar (sweets), and eating overly eating sweet fruits most of the time is the cause of the problem.

It can be soo many things. You should look up on "food combining". It helps alot! I know because I have tried it for a while! You might be having this problem because you need to balance your diet out. You can not have TOO much of one thing. You need the right amount of everything that is good. You might have an upset stomach for many reasons like... You might not be really use to fruits like you might think you are. You should try eating bland for a week, and like I said take probiotics (and I mean ALOT of them). Little by little put fruits (you should put acid fruits for last... lemons..oranges..), and veggies in your diet. You might feel sick because raw fruit, and veggies will detox you, but little by little you will be able to start eating all the fruits and veggies that you want. I eat alot of fruits, nuts, oils and veggies every single day! I will tell you I do not know really what is your problem this is a theory.

Oh yes drink Chamomile tea for your stomach. It will help calm it down. Just make shure like I allways say a good quality (organic, and bio).