Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a few days away from completing my 6th month of accutane. It has worked very well for me. I cant tell you the last time I had a zit. This is awesome. However, I still do have redness and some odd bumps on my cheeks/jaw. These tend to be barely 3-dimensional bumps. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and if this will go away. I currently use a coverup/concealer to hide the redness but of course I would like to not have to use anything. Should I use a facial rub or something? I really dont know what to do about this problem...

The redness is because of the Accutane, once you stop taking your pills you'll notice it go away within a few days. I'm not sure about the bumps though; I don't remember getting any near the end.

I had some under-the-skin bumps as well. My derm called them "quiet cysts" because they wouldn't surface. He said they could either be cut out (if not sitting on top of a nerve) or be left alone and would eventually be absorbed. It took about a year, but they've been absorbed now and are all gone.

As for the redness, that should fade after the course. I think you'll be amazed at how fast the skin tone evens out and the hyperpigmentation marks fade when you're done.

thats good news about the bumps. but its been almost 2 months now and redness (hyperpigmentation) still hasnt subsided. thoughts?

I had some under-the-skin bumps as well. My derm called them "quiet cysts" because they wouldn't surface. He said they could either be cut out (if not sitting on top of a nerve) or be left alone and would eventually be absorbed. It took about a year, but they've been absorbed now and are all gone.

As for the redness, that should fade after the course. I think you'll be amazed at how fast the skin tone evens out and the hyperpigmentation marks fade when you're done.