Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audabby

Ready to Ride the Tane Train... Audabby's Accutane Log *With Pictures

Hello everybody! So this is it... I'm finally ready to give accutane a try! :dance: I'm extremely nervous though! I should start February 8, 2010 so... in another 30 days. I just couldn't help but to start a log now as I've been stalking all of the accutane logs for some time now and have always jealously wanted one of my own... which I now have, YAY! A little history... all of my life I had perfect skin and then about a year and a half ago I started breaking out. A few spots here and a few spots there, it wasn't bad at first but it progressively got worse. I started seeing my dermotologist as soon as it all started and went through the laundry list of things to try before accutane, I've tried it ALL. Nothing has worked. I'm 26 now and my skin is in the worst condition it has ever been in. Bummer dude. I already look younger than I am but you throw acne ontop of already looking young and it honestly is hard to get people to take me seriously in my line of work. I'm mistaken for 16/17 all the time! I'm pretty damn sick of waking up to a sore face too! I want to swim again and where cute tops that I currently can't due to freakin' acne! Geesh... life has pretty much sucked for awhile now. I plan to post pictures as I go through treatment, oh joy! Between now and my start date I'll be posting my pre-accutane experience... finding the right moisterizer, chapstick, shampoo etc... as well as before pictures. If you have any advice at all please let me know!

Edited by audabby

Hey! Thanks for posting on my log! I can relate! People always mistake me for being 16/17 even though i'm 20. I like knowing that when i really am older, i'll still look young but right now, it's pretty annoying!

Good luck on starting Accutane in 30 days! :)

I know the wait seems so long :(

Hey! Thanks for posting on my log! I can relate! People always mistake me for being 16/17 even though i'm 20. I like knowing that when i really am older, i'll still look young but right now, it's pretty annoying!

Good luck on starting Accutane in 30 days! :)

I know the wait seems so long :(

Thanks for posting on my log too! Ugh, yes the wait does seem so long!! It's all good though, before we know it treatment will start, finish, and we'll both have beautiful acne free skin! Ok, stupid question... I have tried to get my Pre-Accutane/Accutane Log to link in my signature but it won't. What am I doing wrong?

G'morning acne.org! So I'm a little worried this morning but in a good way.... it's been 5 days since my last derm. appointment and since which time I have changed a few products in my daily regimen and gone on birth control (Yaz) and what do you know... my skin has shown a HUGE improvement!! I added i.d. bareVitamins (skin rev-er upper) to my regimen right before moisterizing and the results have been amazing. Besides the 6 monster zits that I currently have the rest of my skin has become less inflammed and my skin tone has evened out. Blackheads on my nose and cheeks, although still there, are less noticeable. I've also added Women's One A Day multi-vitamin to the daily regimen and have been feeling fantastic! I'm sure it's the mixture of all three new products (Yaz, i.d. barevitamins, and Women's One A Day) but I couldn't be happier with the results. Well, almost... I mean don't get me wrong, if I were to suddenly clear up before starting treatment it would be great but at the same time the thought of going on accutance and hopefully never having to worry about breaking out again is so appealing. To be perfectly honest I'm afraid my skin will continue to improve on my new regimen and that when I go back to my derm. in 28 days he'll tell me that my skin isn't bad enough for accutane. Weird worry I know but you spend all this time, for me a year and a half, battling acne and then to suddenly find something that actually works. WOW. I guess I don't really know what to say. Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh my lord! I thought my face was bad before, well... that was nothing compared to how it is now. My face has exploded! So I guess this is me shoving my foot in my mouth from my last post. I literally had to stop myself from counting all of the actives on my face this morning because I would have been late to work. UGH, this is terrible and I just want to hide. I'm not sure exactly what is causing this outbreak but I'm pretty sure it's the new birth control. I just have to keep telling myself that in 6-months this will all be over and I'll have beautiful skin once again. On a more positive note I recently quit smoking and started working out. I feel much better! I just wish that I looked better... in due time, right? My back is also breaking out more than usual. I'm so glad that my boyfriend just started a new semester at school and is currently too busy to see me.... eek! I would normally consider myself a "picker" but somehow have recently lost the addiction? I guess the thought of going through accutane and coming out the other end with acne free skin riddled with scars has scared me into not picking. It's a good thing! Still waiting... only 26 more days if I'm counting correctly... HIP HIP HOORAY!

Thanks for the post and hang in there, February will be here soon enough. If your birth control is a progesterone without estrogen, these often cause acne and weight gain. A+ on starting the workout. The body fuels the mind! Take care

Drew

Hillaj1, thanks so much for stopping by and for the encouragement!

TODAY IS THE DAY! I can't believe my start date is FINALLY here! I just answered my questions and can't wait until I get off work to go pick up my prescription! I have all my accutane goodies stocked up and am ready to get this party started! I'll post my before pictures tonight when I get home from the pharmacy! :)

Oh yea, my dermotologist put me on 30mg per day for the first month and then will bump me up to 60mg for the last 4 months. 5 months altogether! Wowzers.... this is going to be "fun."

Edited by audabby

Hillaj1, thanks so much for stopping by and for the encouragement!

TODAY IS THE DAY! I can't believe my start date is FINALLY here! I just answered my questions and can't wait until I get off work to go pick up my prescription! I have all my accutane goodies stocked up and am ready to get this party started! I'll post my before pictures tonight when I get home from the pharmacy! :)

Oh yea, my dermotologist put me on 30mg per day for the first month and then will bump me up to 60mg for the last 4 months. 5 months altogether! Wowzers.... this is going to be "fun."

Yay! So exciting...I started yesterday..30 mg this first week and then 60mg for the rest of my treatment! So happy another person has the same dosage as me! Good luck and I'll keep stoping in!

PrettySpotty! - Nice to meet you! I'm glad you're on the same dosage as me too! We can do this! So how many months are you going to be on accutane?

Faithinhim - I sure hope so! I can't wait to be done with this and move on with my life. When I think about all of the time I've wasted worry about my acne and the way I look to other people, ohhh it just makes me wanna cry and wish that I would have started accutane sooner!

I popped my first pill last night! Would have taken before pictures like I said I would in my last post but the battery on my camera ran out, really. So I picked up a replacement battery today and will for sure get pictures up tonight. I got a little bit of a tummy ache last night after taking my first pill but nothing too bad. I think it was just my body's way of say, "Wow, this is something new!" Hopefully that goes away once my body gets use to it. I woke up this morning feeling much better about myself. My skin hasn't changed at all yet but just knowing that I've started is a great comfort. Although none of my spots have gone away or visabley improved, my skin does have a weird glow to it. My skin is normally dull and drab and today it hasn't been. I'm sure it's my new lotion, Aveeno Positively Radiant, my dermotologist gave me a few samples yesterday at my appointment and I've used it 3 times so far and just love it!

Well, I think that's enough of an update for now. Can't wait to see results. A little worried about the whole purging process and really hoping I'm one of the lucky ones who skip purging altogether.... haha, a girl can always hope, wish, pray and beg... :)-

I think he told me a 5 month course but that was before I got the script so I should double check on that one! Yay I am so excited, the biggest side effect I am worried about is the super dry bleeding lips..I love my lips and dont want to see them suffer...As far as the purging....Ah whatever! I have had it bad for a while now and cant imagine it getting any worse and in the long run we will all be clear anyway! Good Luck

Ok, found some extra time at work to take pictures via my phone. They are not the best and I have a full face of makeup on but you get the idea. I'm beyond trying to hide my skin problem with makeup... it just doesn't work anymore!

Ok, never mind! Apparently I suck at posting pictures? Which link do you guys use to post from photobucket?

Edited by audabby

I'm not sure about photobucket but if you use imageshack, you can just use the direct link and it should show up for everyone else to click on. Pictures are SUCH a pain on here for some reason.

mercyunbound - THANK YOU!

So here they are... my dreaded before pictures. Ekk, these are scary to post!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3078/rightsq.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3965/leftp.jpg

Day 3/120 - I've really thought about it and I've decided that being on accutane is an adventure. Everybody is different, so in the end you really have NO CLUE how YOUR body is going to react to being on it. You can research accutane and it's side effects to your hearts desire but what is in store for you can and most likely will be completely different than it will be for someone else. Everyday I wake up to a new accutane surprise. For the past two days my hair has been extremely soft, best hair of my life actually! Of course, this has me wondering when it will dry out or if it will... I sure hope not! :( Day 1 and Day 2, my skin seemed better than normal, healthy glow and no new spots but today it's aggravated and looks to be showing signs of my first IBS. BOO. My whole chin area had several spots underneath the skin that look like they are coming to the surface to say hello. I'm really trying my best to not pick but it's hard! PUT THE LOTION ON AND WALK AWAY FROM THE DAMN MIRROR - GEESH, who would have ever thought this would be so hard?

I just wanted to drop in and wish you good luck on your course. I start today and am SUPER excited. And your before pictures really aren't that bad, when compared to other "before" pictures on here.

I love your comparison of taking Accutane to an adventure. I almost didn't start Accutane because of all the side effects that I'd heard of. I actually switched derms when I was suggested Accutane. But, you know, it hasn't really been that bad at all. Dry skin, Dry lips, A rash on my arms. That's all I've really had to deal with so far.

Congrats on getting the before pics up...It really takes its toll on a person showing those to the world but I have a feeling we will someday be glad that we did! Oh and by the way I dont think they are that bad!

Why I would be happy to show you how to put a link in your signature:

Go to the "My Menu" and then hit the signature settings button.

There should be a little thing that says "BB code help" on the bottom. Go into that and check out what it says for posts (it should say "post link" and then under it "This tag provides an easy way to link to a post")I tried typing in exactly why you're supposed to put in, but it wouldn't let me, but when you go to write in your post number instead of putting the the "100" like the example shows, put in "2787512" instead (as I believe that this is the number that will link to your post)

Sorry this isn't the best of instructions. It would be a hell of a lot easier just to type it out exactly, but this thing won't let me.

faithinhim - Yes, besides the skin purging - which I expected, it really hasn't been a "bad" experience thus far.

PrettySpotty! - I love your username... everytime I see it, it makes me laugh. I wish I would have thought of something a little more creative. Thank you for the picture posting support. It's scary but, in all honesty, for the most part I don't read the logs of people who don't post pictures. I guess I just don't find them as interesting.

kernal.panic - Ok, apparently posting a link to my log is a little bit beyond my computer abilities but thank you so much for trying to walk me through it.

Day 6/120 - Day 4 and Day 5 were horrible! I woke up both mornings with 4/5 new spots. Of course, I couldn't help but to pick at them and now I'm a scabby mess! The dryness hasn't really kicked in yet, either that or I'm doing a terrific job with my Eucerin and Aquaphor! Whatever it is that is keeping me from turning into a flaky mess, hell yes... I needed some type of break! My hips and legs are sooooo sore! I exercise almost everyday and I think it may be time to cut back to every 2 - 3 days, at least for the first month or so. Also, I'm not "itchy" but I've noticed that when I do get an itch it hurts to scratch it and leaves giant red scratch marks, which has never happened before. My skin seems oober sensitive and fragile and it's only Day 6! Ekkk... scary to think it most likely will get more sensitive and fragile as I get further into my treatment. So, I have to share my Valentine's Day story because well... you'll see. So several weeks before Valentine's Day my boyfriend invited myself and my two daughters to go on a Valentine's Day hike and picnic. At first, I was super excited because we both love being outdoors and we haven't been able to get out into nature for a LONG time due to work, school, and kids. Anywho, it sounded like the perfect Valentine's Day until I started to think about the bright sun on my face and how it would highlight every blemish and scar I have and how no amount of makeup would help hide them when it was dripping off my face halfway into our hike. Ugh, I started to DREAD Valentine's Day and did for almost two full weeks! Then a few days before Valentine's Day I happened upon the morning news and saw the weather forecast for the big day... snow - LOTS of snow! I don't think I've ever been so happy in my entire life! In the end my V-Day was perfect and didn't include any bright light hikes! I couldn't have asked for it to go any better. To top it off my boyfriend spent the entire day making sure that I felt beautiful.... I am blessed beyond belief! :wub: To tell you the truth, my skin problems, the decision to start accutane, and the actually treatment process itself have really shown me that sometimes, even if you consider yourself an independent and strong person, it's important to rely on others for strength too. It's easy to take the weight of the world on your shoulders and not so easy to admit that you can't carry that weight on your own. Maybe all of this was God's way of showing me that.

Edited by audabby

Lol... girl you ARE pretty and don't you ever think anything different!

Awe shucks...ya made me blush! So I just noticed you live in Golden...I live in Colorado Springs! If we were not on accutane I would say we could have gotten together and had a pimple party!

Lol... girl you ARE pretty and don't you ever think anything different!

Awe shucks...ya made me blush! So I just noticed you live in Golden...I live in Colorado Springs! If we were not on accutane I would say we could have gotten together and had a pimple party!

Lol...I didn't even notice that you were in Colorado! How awesome! One of my best friends is down in Colorado Springs, her hubby is stationed out of Carson. I think I read in one of your logs that your man is in the military too! Do you know Liz or John Plato? We should get together sometime! It's sooo not fun to get together with my girlfriends who have picture perfect skin... they just don't understand that I would rather hang out at home then go out on the town for a night.

Day 8/120 - So apparently I was off on my days! OH MY GOD though... the soreness is insane. I feel old, super old and I hurt ALL over. I hope that my body gets used to accutane soon and the muscle soreness at least lightens up a bit. I already have severe problems with muscle and joint pain so the added pain from the accutane makes doing anything (sitting, standing, lying down) awful. I'll have to quit my treatment if it doesn't and that would suck sooo much. WOWZERS!

My hubby is at carson too! Sorry I dont know your friend here though..what does her husband do? My husband is with 10th Special Forces here so unless her hubby is SF also I wouldnt know them:-( Eitherway it would be neat to get together sometime! Dont quit treatment...Try taking some tylenol if the pain is to bad and maybe mention it to your derm and they can adjust your dose!

Day 11/120 - Let's see, muscle and joint pain still there but better! I've been super tired though lately. I slept in this morning, got up and took my little girls to dance, came home and feel back asleep until dinner. Really? I also have been getting slight tension headaches and dry patches all over my arms. Need more lotion. As for my face, well it's getting there. I've noticed that the entire texture of my skin has completely changed. It's much smoother in general and any spots I do get, quickly surface and quickly disappear. I've been holding my own when it comes to picking and have successfully allowed 12 spots to surface and heal on their own without going at them in the mirror. As sad as that is, I find comfort in this small success. I hope to post more pictures soon, until then...