Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riboflavin

I Really Fucking Hate Myself.

OK. It's really messed up. I know exactly what I got to do to prevent/treat my persistent acne. Namely, for me, it's avoiding sugary foods, dairy, not touching my face, etc. But, fuck, I can't stop eating sweet foods. And touching my face. It's like I'm addicted to it. And, it's like I don't even care about my skin anymore. It's like the superficial pleasure of food is greater than clear skin.

Yet, deep down inside I truly want clear skin. Yet, when I restrict my diet so much I feel like shit. And afterwards eating something sweet and guilty I feel like shit and hate myself.

It's like either way I lose. FML

I feel your pain man. I went on a limited diet and I swear it's like exchanging one kind of unhappiness for another. I'm unhappy because my skin isn't clear and then I'm unhappy because I can't eat any food I like :[ Hang in there bro!

Peolpe use to call be a health freak cause i always ate healthy and watch my weight. Then i got acne and all i wanted to do was eat juck. It was cause i was so unhappy that i needed comfort from food and i had nothing to look forward to cause i stop seeing friends.So don't be to hard on yourself. Once you feel you have no choice but to eat healthy suddenly healthy food is not so nice. I know cause i've been there.

Man, I know how you feel brother.

Matter of fact, as soon I woke up this morning, my mom said she brought some pizza for me.

I refused! It's just that me and you are IMPATIENT!

I understand completely. I can't get my hands off of sweets, even though its affects my skin, my health AND MY WEIGHT! I know I am a very attractive person but all my insecurities and my perfectionism, along with all the other issues in my life eats away at me. I literally hate myself.

Today, my boyfriend grabbed me and told me to say "I am so beautiful." It took me twenty minutes to utter those words, and I couldn't even look him in the eye to say it. I almost cried, but its a step in the right direction. He is great.

Feel better :)

I'm probably one of the few but I ate healthy way before I had acne. Put simply..

Clear Face >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any food you could possibly mention.

Seriously, it's just food.

You should always eat healthy, no matter whether you have acne or not, but don't deprive yourself! Remember, everybody has something about their body that they're unhappy with! Whether it's acne, their weight, their boobs, abs or whatever, NOBODY is perfect. It's good to try to get your acne under control, but don't be miserable about it. Be yourself and like who you are, despite your imperfections.

How badly do you want clear skin? Just think that every fatty thing you eat will give you 5 more pimples. Make these foods dirrectly related to acne in your mind. Make these foods the devil.

It works, trust me. :)

I understand too! I also like sweet foods and have such a hard time not touching my skin. I am eating less sugar now and it has improved my complexion. Just cut it out gradually. You don't have to eliminate sugar from your diet completely. Honestly, a little bit in moderation will not cause you to break out.

I found the biggest help was stop picking at my skin. This is the biggest thing that makes me break out. Just practice, practice not doing and slowly it will become a habit not to. Think that every time you touch your face, you are just going to make it worse... and force yourself to walk away

Edited by Jessie09

I had to go on a candida diet.

No gluten....major fml.

But I think it helped! *knock on wood*

I was also on the gluten free diet for like a year. It did help a little but I couldnt live without wheat for my whole life. Everything is made out of gluten. I actually lost a lot of weight on the diet though, my doctor thought i was anorexic.

Diet helps abit but not that much. So try not worrie and the parson who said" not picking helps" is so right!!!

I understand completely. I can't get my hands off of sweets, even though its affects my skin, my health AND MY WEIGHT! I know I am a very attractive person but all my insecurities and my perfectionism, along with all the other issues in my life eats away at me. I literally hate myself.

Today, my boyfriend grabbed me and told me to say "I am so beautiful." It took me twenty minutes to utter those words, and I couldn't even look him in the eye to say it. I almost cried, but its a step in the right direction. He is great.

Feel better :)

My boyfriend made me do that last week! I ended up crying because I couldn't say it.

I had to go on a candida diet.

No gluten....major fml.

But I think it helped! *knock on wood*

I was also on the gluten free diet for like a year. It did help a little but I couldnt live without wheat for my whole life. Everything is made out of gluten. I actually lost a lot of weight on the diet though, my doctor thought i was anorexic.

I had to go on it only for a month until the candida was gone

Diet is not really the cause of acne, but when I eat dairy products, chocolates, etc. , I'm having few breakouts..

that doesn't make sense. It's like saying the sky is blue but not really blue.

you guys sound like you just need to up your soluble fiber with food, maybe add some hcl. That way you can still eat your wheats and glutens whilst clearing up at the same time. win/win.