Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I have been on the regimen for 2 months; and everything is great (no breakouts at all--everything is SILKY SMMMOOOOTTTHHHHH!!!!). I use it 2x a day, 2 pumps. I even got my little sis on it too and she liked it also.

A month ago, my little sis got the AHA+ and was telling me some great things about it. So I tried it, with the regimen I'm doing....but instead I got little minor break outs but not extreme. They're just little bumps of pimples but it wasn't like my smooth face anymore. So why is that? Should I continue AHA?

I've stopped applying it for 5 days now and I still have the little bumps on my face. I do the 1 finger of AHA+ like recommended. Please advise me of anything I'm doing different. When should I feel the smoothness again?????

Regards,

Andy

Some people purge when they first add the AHA into their regimen. Generally, the breakout will clear up pretty quickly. It's up to you whether or not you want to continue using the AHA. For many people, the benefits of using AHA start to show up within a couple of weeks.

Some people purge when they first add the AHA into their regimen. Generally, the breakout will clear up pretty quickly. It's up to you whether or not you want to continue using the AHA. For many people, the benefits of using AHA start to show up within a couple of weeks.
Edited by Andy36

Start out using it two or three times a week. If your skin handles that well, you can gradually try using it more often.

I don't know exactly why you're still breaking out. It may just be that you're still purging a bit, in which case you just need to stick it out and wait to clear up. Or, if you think it's the AHA that's causing you to break out, you could try taking a break from it for a while, and see if that clears you up.