Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissNarNar

HELP! 10 day break from Accutane

So with the holidays and some unexpected family issues that came up, I missed the chance to get my blood test done, despite getting my (non dated) prescription 2 weeks ago. It's been 10 days off of the Accutane. I am going for my blood test tomorrow morning so I should be able to pick up my box of 'tane within the next few days, assuming the results from the tests come out alright. My question is....is this break going to make a huge difference and will I basically be starting all over again? My skin and lips are still severely dry but some of the changes that the drying effect has had on my body (especially my stomach) have since went back to normal.

Also..I was on 30 for the first 2 months and the start of my 3rd month, which was supposed to be 10 days ago, is 40 mgs. Is that going to be too much now that my body has been without it for this long?

I'd really appreciate some helpful answers!

Thanks

=D

No, it shouldn't effect your course too much as Accutane stays in your system for about 30 days.

Thanks for your help!

So what about being used to the meds, am I going to have to have the same side effects I did in the first couple of weeks like headaches for example?