Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karlie181

I hate the lighting where i work!!

Sorry just need to vent about this.. I work in a Hair salon in a department store.. And the lighting in there sucks so bad.. Ill look so nice when I leave my house to go to work, and when I walk in there and look in the mirror I see a caked on makeuped washed out sewer rat... Ill have dark circles under my eyes and my face looks dry and looks like I have caked on powder on my face when I dont really. and my eye makeup looks weird. I hate it!! ahh.. Who wants to get their hair done by someone who looks like that?? CHANGE UR STUPID LIGHTS!! :wall:

Sorry just need to vent about this.. I work in a Hair salon in a department store.. And the lighting in there sucks so bad.. Ill look so nice when I leave my house to go to work, and when I walk in there and look in the mirror I see a caked on makeuped washed out sewer rat... Ill have dark circles under my eyes and my face looks dry and looks like I have caked on powder on my face when I dont really. and my eye makeup looks weird. I hate it!! ahh.. Who wants to get their hair done by someone who looks like that?? CHANGE UR STUPID LIGHTS!! :wall:

I would...as long as she's good at cutting hair well...you know, it's really hard nowadays to find someone who does it right.

My workplace has the same problem. It makes my face look red all the time and shows the scars really bad. I think it is the fluorescent light bulbs. Hate it!

Heehee... this cracked me up... :lol:

I hear ya sister! I hate 'em too!

i bet your customers would not agree They properly think you look nice. Am the same i try to not look in mirrors .I i bet most people are the same. With me spots or no spots i still hate the way i look

I hate florescent light's so much! Not just because they are bright, but they make your acne appear SO MUCH worse!!! :mad:

Edited by Mumble

I agree. Intense lightening tends to make the majority of people not look their best. Perhaps intense light reveals any little imperfection the face has, and acne is only intensified?

Yeah, true Axxith, but it does depend on the type of light. Florescent gas with electricity must have this effect.

Ahhhh OMG. I know what you mean about the caked on powder thing. I put on like 3 light, light layers of mineral powder (thats all that I need), but when I got to school, my face looked powdery.. I know that sounds stupid, but it looked completely unnatural, although I barely put any on! It's frustrating.

Yeah i quit cosmo school because of my acne. The lights and mirrors made me feel like shit. I always try to avoid them when i dont have makeup on. I just try to use as little as possple. Just some colored powder and some eye shadow to distrac. i feel yeah :(

Today at work I wondered "why don't our cubicles have ceilings, that would be much more pleasant than being under these horrible lights...just me and the glow of my Dell!" A moment later I realized that this was an acne-driven thought. I'm so sick of wanting to hide!

I'd say natural light is the worst, it's just horrible. It's so dim and makes my face look 10 times worse. I feel like crying when I look in the mirror, I'm helpless.

My boyfriend just bought a house and ofcourse he keeps asking me to move in ...

this is how PATHETIC I AM ... both of his bathrooms have big windows and in the morning the sun hits that side of the house - I can not look into the mirrors and try to put make up on in either bathroom... I start tearing up every time I look into those mirrors...the sun makes you see EVERYTHING - Every huge pore, every horrible scar, and ofcourse all the hideous acne... needless to say, how the hell can i move in with him when i dont even feel comfortable looking in the only mirrors in the house.

Honestly I have more acne driven thoughts through out the day then any other thoughts. I dont walk into certain stores because I hate the lighting - I never go into sephora because the lighting is HORRIBLE in there.. I try my best to not do anything social during the day time - night is different but going to tailgates, or anything outside especially I try my best to not go... Even better - I was coaching D1 Lacrosse out of college, and after the 3 years I was there and had to make the decision what i was going to do next - I decided to not continue with that career because I couldnt face being outside all the time with skin like this - If i cant even look myself in the mirror how could I ever be confident enough to talk to those kids, face to face, outside on the field every day...

its not fun when you type it out like that... I have wasted so many years of my life hiding from lights, the sun, mirrors in bad or harsh lighting, i never look at myself in a public bathroom when i wash my hands....

this is how PATHETIC I AM ... both of his bathrooms have big windows and in the morning the sun hits that side of the house - I can not look into the mirrors and try to put make up on in either bathroom... I start tearing up every time I look into those mirrors...the sun makes you see EVERYTHING - Every huge pore, every horrible scar, and ofcourse all the hideous acne... needless to say, how the hell can i move in with him when i dont even feel comfortable looking in the only mirrors in the house.

Honestly I have more acne driven thoughts through out the day then any other thoughts. I dont walk into certain stores because I hate the lighting - I never go into sephora because the lighting is HORRIBLE in there.. I try my best to not do anything social during the day time - night is different but going to tailgates, or anything outside especially I try my best to not go... Even better - I was coaching D1 Lacrosse out of college, and after the 3 years I was there and had to make the decision what i was going to do next - I decided to not continue with that career because I couldnt face being outside all the time with skin like this - If i cant even look myself in the mirror how could I ever be confident enough to talk to those kids, face to face, outside on the field every day...

its not fun when you type it out like that... I have wasted so many years of my life hiding from lights, the sun, mirrors in bad or harsh lighting, i never look at myself in a public bathroom when i wash my hands....

I know it's easier said than done, but don't let the acne-thoughts rule your life. If you want to move in with your boyfriend, do it! Don't put your life on hold because of acne. If the window lighting bothers you that much buy some curtains or blinds and shut them when you're in there! Problem solved! :)

I can relate to everyones complaint about lites. We have those florescent lites at work in part of the store then the other part is all natural lite from the sun and I cringe everytime I have to go to that part of the store or work on the other side when the sun hits in the afternoon. I also hate our bathroom lites at work the lites are still florescent but dim and it makes all the red marks and spots look worse. I always worry about even if I didn't have acne I have lines, wrinkles and eczema that flares up because it wants to and I have this pic in my mind that I look like the Joker off of the Dark Knight movie! Sad, Elf

I know it's easier said than done, but don't let the acne-thoughts rule your life. If you want to move in with your boyfriend, do it! Don't put your life on hold because of acne. If the window lighting bothers you that much buy some curtains or blinds and shut them when you're in there! Problem solved! :)

thank you! You are so right - its baby steps, Curtains are a great idea hehe...

am the same I get so worked up that i keeping looking and it ends up like ocd.Where i cannot stop and it effects my confidences.Take over my life

The super white lights--the ones common at WALMART, BestBuy, and Office Depot--are the worse! I totally understand what you mean! My make-up looks natural under yellow lighting, but under white lighting my face would look blotchy and my red marks would furiously glare under my makeup. Heck, it would look like I did a bad make-up job on my face 'cause my liquid concealer would look all powdery!