Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve02

Treatment for scars on my chest?

Hey everyone this is my first post and the reason i joined this site was to see if there was any help anyone had to offer for the treatment of scars on my chest. The scarring on my chest is pretty severe and i was wondering what the best treatment would be? I'm 18 years old and this is very embarrassing for me. It's to the point where i refuse to even take my shirt off. I no longer get acne on my chest, just an occasional small pimple that doesn't scar. The majority of my scars are about 1 year old. If anyone has any experience with getting rid of or fading scars on their chest, please help me out. I have been reading alot on this site about getting rid of facial scars and back scars, but does anyone know the best treatment for chest scarring? (A picture is attached to show the scarring) I've experimented with several creams and have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

post-119775-1262653595_thumb.jpg

post-119775-1262653595_thumb.jpg

Yes, I'd also recommend going to a dermatologist and a few surgeons who do scar revisions.

These scars are not particularly shallow...but the redness is kinda weird--that you need a doctor's help to diagnose what exactly it is. I would advise against putting anything on it without doctor's advice.

Also, with the amount of redness that is there, you'll probably need to wait before doing any scar revisions on it.

Go to a derm man. Don't try any quacky stuff some random person tells you. Derm's use things that are tested thousands of times and work predictably.

how often would you recommend applying the ice and hot water? once a day?

I've been to one but he's too worried about me having another outbreak on my chest so he doesn't wanna deal with the scars yet but he doesn't realize i haven't had an outbreak for over two years.

I've been to one but he's too worried about me having another outbreak on my chest so he doesn't wanna deal with the scars yet but he doesn't realize i haven't had an outbreak for over two years.

Make him listen. Tell your doctor that you haven't had acne in a long time yet the redness persists along with the redness. He's there to help you, you just need to guide his hand a little.