Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This made me really nervous around kids after this happened.. I had a Girlfriend and i had went around her house to watch a DVD.. For starters her brother and sister where just looking at me like WTF is that on your face lol.. Then near the end of the movie the little boy comes over and goes "How comes you got so many spots?", everthing went silent and i felt like shit ever since then I was wondering what people thought.

Then my GF's dad came in and says "He may have lots of spots..But atleast he isn't permantly ugly like you", lol a insult and a defense but either way was quite funny..

Ever since then i always wonder what these kids will say!

Adam :]

I was at a public event once and a little kid says "your face is gross"! in front of a big group of my friends and lots of girls, at the time I wasn't even breaking out that bad, I couldnt think of anything to say, and one of my idiot friends bursts out and laughs at it. It was pretty bad.

Now, all I can do is laugh myself, but it was humiliating. AND, that never feels good, sorry dude,

Kids dont yet understand the effects and emotions from words, so we cant be mad at them, but at least we can punk em out by having some come-back ready.

One time a guy came up to me and looked at me for a bit, wondering what he was looking at I said WTF?

He walked off and I heard him say 'it's much worse than I anticipated, maybe he has herpes'.

karma was restored however: he fell over on some ice later that day and required a stich or two :P

Sometimes I feel uneasy around little kids, because of their unpredictability... you never know quite what they might come out with because they haven't yet learned what's ok and what's not ok to say, and why things like acne affect some of us.

How old are your girlfriend's siblings? I think obviously it's to be expected that little kids might sometimes say/do things without realising the impact of what they're saying, but I think after a certain age people really should know better. Unfortunately, I know there are adults out there who don't act any better than you would expect from a small child who's ignorance/bluntness can't be helped... and that's sad. At least with young children you can try to explain to them, so they'll know that some people suffer from skin conditions, and that it's not nice to point it out, but with adults, a lot of them will never be able to bridge that gap between their thoughts and what comes out of their mouth.

Edited by sixfeetunder

5 or so years from now, this little kid will be a breeding pool for zits. You'll have a chance to mock him! What goes around comes back around, no? ;)

Edited by mercyunbound

Little kids just don't understand. I had to speak to my 7 year old cousin for picking on her 17 year old brother for having acne. Her and her twin sister will sometimes ask why I have "marks" and I explain that most people get pimples and you can't always tell because a lot of women wear makeup to cover them.

I was coaching at a summer camp - my 4th summer there I was in charge of the sports camp for ages 7-9 and a lot of attention was on me - of course that was the summer where my acne was the absolute worst. As a girl we try desperately to cover up every spot with make up but 9 times out of 10, especially during a hot sweaty summer day, the make up makes it look so much worse... We were sitting around picnic tables eating lunch and these two girls came up and sat with me - me thinking because they liked me and wanted to hang out (you know how 7 to 9 year olds can be so cute...) but it was really because they were dared by many other campers to ask me what was wrong with my face. As they asked me the question, the whole tent got quiet because everyone knew what was going on and was waiting for the answer... there were about 50 kids and about 14 counselors under that tent that day - after I answered honestly and said I hope they are the lucky two that will never have to deal with acne, smiled, laughed etc... i slowly got up threw my lunch away and went inside... guarenteed that my face was bright red and tears were gathering in my eyes...

its not about the embarassment so much as it is trying, desperately every day to get up the courage and the self confidence to walk out the door and face the world - those pep talks you tell yourself over and over, those moments when you have to fight picking up the phone to call out of work or school because you know you cant keep hiding... then having something like that happen which completely makes the reality set in....

ha ha one time I was talking to my mom on the phone and was telling her how crappy i felt about my skin and she was telling me she thought it looked better...i almost started to believe her till I walked into AMPM and the lady at the counter ( who was an adult who should know better) said "Oh my gosh you are having an allergic reaction on your face! :( well at least she didnt scream "You have acne" I guess...

Once (when my acne was really bad) I slept over at my friend's house and I had taken off my makeup because we were going to go to bed. My friend and I were at her computer and her little sister came up and looked at my face and said, "what are those little dots all over your face? I never noticed that on you before!". My friend was really nice and said, "That's not very nice! She does a good job of covering them up... I can't do that." Of course, she had NOTHING to cover up. I was so embarrassed and it pretty much ruined the rest of my time there.

yeaa... having acne and dealing with kids DOES NOT MIX! I actually really like kids but I purposely try to avoid them if I can to avoid myself any chance of embarrassment. It's like I'm scared of [email protected]#$%% sad but true

yeaa... having acne and dealing with kids DOES NOT MIX! I actually really like kids but I purposely try to avoid them if I can to avoid myself any chance of embarrassment. It's like I'm scared of [email protected]#$%% sad but true

That's so funny and sad at the same time. I feel the same way.

Heres a funny story. I had this hairdresser and she was pretty good. She moved her buisness to her house, she had a little room where she would cut peoples hair. So I went, and in the middle of it, her little daughter comes in and asks "Why do you have so many pimples" then it went silent for 10 seconds lol. It didn't really affect me.

Kids say the darndest things! But seriously little kids say the first thing that comes to there mind. They have no filter for what is "socially acceptable". Don't worry everyone :)

Well, tbh thats poop! dontbe disheartened though, obviously your gf didnt mind it because she was your gf, relationships arent about what your skin looks like!

Something similar happened to me about 2 years ago. I had JUST started to feel comfortable with myself (experimenting with makeup, making new friends) and i had a group of boys who were friends. We were all at a friends house, boys and girls, and one girl asked what this one particular boy who he fancied most. he said he wasnt going to say and so he didnt. Later that evening I was sitting on the stairs talking to a girlfriend, and this guy was walking out of the kitchen, and another guy started talking to him. the other guy said "So, who was it then matt!?" and then matt said "Im not going to say man, not tonight anyways"

So by this point, me and my friend went silent to try and listen in. The other guy kept pushing him anyways and then said "What about Jade? Shes tall like you say you love about a girl, and she has a nice body." and then matt turned around and said "Yeh but i dont really want to be looking at her face, underneath all that makeup you can tell shes covered in acne, thats ugly"

You know, i didnt even fancy that guy, but for some reason it made me cry for about 2 weeks constantly.It really hurt, and the friend i was with couldnt say anything to make me feel better. I mean what could she say? "Jade you dont have acne!" cos i did. "Jade you dont need a boyfriend anyway" Well that one was true, but that wouldnt make me feel better would it!

Sorry for the long story, but anyways, i know how you feel. They are just kids though so remember that, they dont know what they are saying, and they dont udnerstand its socially rude to say something like that :P take it with a pinch of salt, im sure,infact i KNOW they dont mean it! x

thats not very nice of that boy :( thanks for posting your story on my topic :) but we all can put these storys behind us as some of us are on accutane or getting other treatment so it will be sure not to happen again.. :)

haha, my cousin is 7 and every time i come over to his house, hes like "wow i can't wait till you get rid of all of those bumps!!" lol. i know he doesn't have any ill intentions, but it's still kind of funny. he's so blunt yet somewhat compassionate at the same time. i always consult him about my outfits because he's brutally honest. ;)

I remember that I used to make fun with a guy with zits when I was 9 years old or so. You just don't know what you're doing when you're a kid, and you say everything that comes up in your mind. Now I have acne. I still don't believe in karma ;) Overall I was a very friendly boy, I still am. But at least acne made me realise things I didn't knew before (that you can hurt people with very few words).

Very true chipmunk, But i suppose karma will get him, and hopefully acne :D see how he feels. (normally, i wouldnt wish acne on anyone, because its horrible, but i think i have a right)! lol

I hope everyone gets cured tbh, especially everyone who feels the need to hide themselves infrontof those he hold nearest, thats a horrible feeling. Goodluck everyone!

Edited by Broken Pearls

Havent ye learned anything?

Wishing people had acne, you wonder why you have acne??

I was ignorant to people with acne until I got it I realised that I was wrong

I don't feel I have a right to wish acne upon anyone because I don't want anyone to go through what I went.

Havent ye learned anything?

Wishing people had acne, you wonder why you have acne??

I was ignorant to people with acne until I got it I realised that I was wrong

I don't feel I have a right to wish acne upon anyone because I don't want anyone to go through what I went.

I know acnes bad, ive had it for 6 years, i dont need anyone to tell me that :/

I was only saying i DONT and wouldnt wish it on anyone because i know what its like. that last bit i was saying was a joke which is why its followed by a lol. Chill dude. I dont really think you have a right to judge me or make a comment about the reason I have acne? You dont know me at all, so please dont pretend you know everything.

Edited by Broken Pearls

Broken pearls to quote myself I said we and then later i said I was ignorant.

I made no reference to you and I don't claim to know everything, in fact I know quite little.

I am not judging you and I don't judge anybody at face value.

From what I gather by reading your posts is that you are a very intelligent person.

Im sorry if I was mistaken for judging you :)

Broken pearls to quote myself I said we and then later i said I was ignorant.

I made no reference to you and I don't claim to know everything, in fact I know quite little.

I am not judging you and I don't judge anybody at face value.

From what I gather by reading your posts is that you are a very intelligent person.

Im sorry if I was mistaken for judging you :)

Its ok :D

That was my first ever conflict on acne.org, normally its all rainbows and butterflies on here. Tbh, I dont think you know little at all if you had the balls to say sorry, and to be posting on this website and helping people... so your intelligent too :) no worries, It was mean of me to say i wishes acne on someone anyways :D

damn i had an embarrasing moment like that, cept with kids from school

so we were about to go on a field trip right, and i had a bad breakout the night before. my mom said to try her concealer, which i dabbed onto my face thinking "wow! this stuff really does the trick!"

well as it turns out, that stuff really shows in the sunlight and everybody saw it as we were getting on the bus. worst day of my life :/