Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joris

Does pus cause new acne?

Does pus really cause new acne. When you pop a pimple and the pus touches skin will it cause acne? Everybody says it but im really think that this is not true.

Edited by joris

If you squeeze one and then spread that bacteria from that spot onto other areas on your face then you are likely to increase your acne. Just like any bacteria, it spreads easily and contaminates anything it touches.

Im thinking on figuring this out. Just applying some on my chest. Sounds weird but its the only way to find out...

Im thinking on figuring this out. Just applying some on my chest. Sounds weird but its the only way to find out...

I tried this one once on my arm. I wanted to try it somewhere that I never really get spots other than the odd small pimple. And a spot did form where I spread it.

Sounds disgusting, but I did prove a valuable lesson to myself.

Does puss really cause new acne. When you pop a pimple and the puss touches skin will it cause acne?

The word you want here is pus, not puss. "Puss" is a word that means "cat", although it's not very commonly used. No, as far as I know, having a cat touch your skin doesn't cause acne! :)

If you let it sit and fester, yes, I'm sure it will cause you to breakout some. If it touches your skin for a split second and you quickly disinfect the area like every other rational person, then no, it won't cause you to break out.

Does puss really cause new acne. When you pop a pimple and the puss touches skin will it cause acne? Everybody says it but im really think that this is not true.

This Puss??

I doubt it ...

Does puss really cause new acne. When you pop a pimple and the puss touches skin will it cause acne? Everybody says it but im really think that this is not true.

This Puss??

I doubt it ...

LOL

I don't pick my face, so I don't know. I can't imagine it being any good for you though

Zits are formed over several weeks. I don't think puss can directly cause a breakout, though as Christof said, the bacteria probably won't help matters much.

lmao. I though this dude was talking about going down and asking if that can cause acne. i mean probably lol.

Haha funniest english mistake ive ever made :D Sorry for my bad english, glad it created some smiles :P Cristof interesting, ive done it but no real results.

doubt it, the bacteria needs and oxygen-free enviroment to multiply. so like hiv virus if its exposed to air then it dies quickly. maybe same is true for acne bacteria?

also my logic is why it wouldnt is : you have p acnes everywhere... It doesnt make a problem untill you have a plug in your pores. Since the pus doesnt cause a plug it wont cause a pimple...

Well pus is a collection of white blood cells and dead bacteria, so I don't think it's going to spread acne. There may well be some live bacteria in there, but as others have said, P acnes are everywhere anyway.