Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greatwhite

For those who cut out dairy, what about butter and kefir?

I am coming to the conclusion that dairy is a primary trigger in my mild acne, and that if I cut it out then I would be clearer. Specifically cheese and yogurt.

But this summer I had kefir and butter almost everyday, and very very small amount of mozzerella cheese sometimes with little to no acne.

Has anyone cut out even butter? What are peoples experiences like with kefir and are you sensitive to other dairy?

I am very reluctant to cut out butter because it is a staple of my diet ( panu, primal blueprint diet). I would say I have about 1-2 tablespoons a day.

Thoughts?

I'm going to try cutting out butter to see how it helps, because I've been eating a lot of it to up my fat intake. However, Turtle Mountain makes kefir with coconut milk instead of regular milk, so you should try that.

Man that Turtle Mountain Coconut Kefir is some pretty foul stuff. There aren't too many things I don't like... but man, that stuff is rough.

Get organic butter, and don't eat too much of it.

So the coconut kefir is worse than normal kefir?

I've had soy kefir. It was strange, but okay after awhile.

Man that Turtle Mountain Coconut Kefir is some pretty foul stuff. There aren't too many things I don't like... but man, that stuff is rough.

Get organic butter, and don't eat too much of it.

They don't sell it here. :( i wanted to try that plain one, and add it into my shake :P Extra protein!

Edited by EddieE

thanks for the replies. yeah that turtle mountain kefir as some pretty nasty ingredients. if i'm going that route i'd make my own.

i'll take a few weeks off of the kefir and add in some goat kefir in about 3 weeks and see how i do.

some can tolerate small amounts w/o breakouts

you need to find out your tolerance level

i think it best to avoid all dairy until your clear then test ghee or butter