Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teo94

I dont know what to do... :'(

Hello to the people reading this :),

I'm a 16 year old male that is in high school. I know that acne is rly common in teens in evierything, but i look around at school, and it seems nobody has it as bad as me. I'm very self-conscious and paranoid about my acne. I have it on my forehead, my upper lip, and chin. It's horrible looking in the mirror everyday, after having a good day, and being crushed by what i see looking back, a red, bumpy face. I've tried tons of things, cetaphil, oxy, azelex, vichy, panoxyl, proactiv. Right now im using a vichy normaderm face wash followed by azelex which helps more than anything else has, but still not enough. If needed i also use neutrogena oil-free moisturizer after that. I dont know what's effective, if im using anything wrong or what. My regimen is: Wash face with warm-hot water, apply vichy normaderm lather to face, wash off with warm-hot water, wait 15-20 minutes, apply azelex, apply neutrogena if needed. my forehead has multiple, close-together red bumps, i have frequent whiteheads between my eyebrows, and there are larger red bumps and white head on my upper lip and chin as well. I have long hair and usually keep it over my forehead, i would change that, but i dont want ppl to see more of my acne. I just dont know what to do...help me...plz...i dont know what to do anymore and its destroying my life...

Edited by Teo94

Hey man, try not to let it consume you. I went through the same crap in high school. Its tough but it sounds like you are taking adequate measures to get it under control. That is all you can do, really. Beyond that just try to keep a positive outlook and don't beat yourself up if your treatments do not have immediate results :).

having your hair hangin on your forehead might be makin it worse...the oil from your hair plus heat, sweat, and grime are all trapped under your bangs rubbin around on your forehead all day plus if your continually push your hair around on your head like i do the your dirty hand is rubbin your head too. I know it will be hard but try changing your hair...you can always grow it back.

Did u try the regimen (wash. BP. lotion.) on this site yet? I have only been at it for two weeks but it is making a huge difference and nothing else has worked for me...no washes, pills, creams, foods, you name it I have tried it and this is the first thing that is working for me. Im shocked. I have gone two whole days straight now with no new breakouts...thats more than I can say for the last three years.

I wish I had found a cure 7 years ago because I had to deal with what you are going through every day from 7th grade through high school. The best thing for me is to eat healthy, and take 2 table spoons organic apple cider vinegar with juice 2x day and tone with it it diluted in water morning and night. Follow up with dans jojoba oil for moisturizer and maybe get some benzoyl peroxide for problem areas... 2 or 3 times a week I use acnetix scrub at night ( its all organic) Im not saying that this works for everyone, but it does balance the ph of your skin so that it is able to fight acne. Most cleansers are not good for your ph. Hope things go well, acne sucks.

I know exactly how you feel. acne ruined high school for me too :( Dont let it do the same for you. you will regret it - trust me on this one. It looks like you are following a good topical regimen, but you may also want tot start treating it from the inside as well. try to clean up your diet, you dont have to become a health freak, just stay away from sugars, fast food, and dairy and see if that helps. Cleaning up my diet and taking a few supplements have helped me alot. good luck!