Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michelle_ttcmama

Need help finding products - acne & wrinkles

Please, I really need y'all's help. I am a 37 year old female with acne, but I am also fighting fine lines and wrinkles. Can anyone recommend some products and/or treatments that will work on both of these situations?

Thank you! :D

At 35 I'm in the same boat. I have been using a beta-hydroxy moisturizer by Olay at night before bed. It helps with fine lines, keeps my skin soft and doesn't seem to aggravate my acne.

Please, I really need y'all's help. I am a 37 year old female with acne, but I am also fighting fine lines and wrinkles. Can anyone recommend some products and/or treatments that will work on both of these situations?

Thank you! :D

Try Retin-A. It is very good for wrinkles.

i'm in the same exact boat although i never thought i'd be. while battling acne, i never thought that things could go from back to worse where now all these tiny lines on my forehead and around my eyes are coexisting with acne. i never expected this. every article i've read says that lines do not appear over night. that you simply overlooked what was growing on your face. given my obsessive nature of inspecting my face under natural lighting every chance i can get, i can say with complete confidence that my fine lines showed up literally overnight. it is very depressing.

apparently people with acne are more prone to wrinkling as all the chemical processes involved in fighting infections overexerts the skin, causing the skin structure to break down.

i think the use of a buffet full of creams(esp. benoyl peroxide) exacerbated the aging. the biggest problem with treatments like be-peroxide is that they are about instant gratification. it never occurs to a young person that you could be compromising your skin's long-term health.

rant done but i'm really at a loss about what to do. i'm obsessive compulsive about my skin. i can't change that. for me, every products out there with all its appealing claims ended up having no results for me. phytessance wakame is supposed to be a huge breakthrough in fighting aging. my lines continue to form on this treatment.

for now, i've just gone the holistic route--eating healthy, using natural ingredients only, etc. what other option do i have?

i just don't know....

I agree with proverbs, people that have never had acne don't have skin like us. I was talking with several women at church yesterday and they are all older than me(I"m 50) and they have amazing skin! Barely any winkles or lines and never have I seen a zit on them or any discoloration at all while I fight this crap everyday and it just seems like no matter how well I take care of my skin it will never look like theirs. And I obsess over my face constantly, its all I think about even when I had the flu last weekend and didn't wear make up or put anything on my face I was looking in the mirror and feeling to see if I had any new zits! PATHETIC!!!! Elf

Have any of you ever tried the Philosophy Brand? I just started using this brand and I'm seeing some pretty dramatic results.

I am 26(27 in april) and last year I went to the dermatologist. She gave me a ton of trial samples of stuff that tore my skin up. I told her that I was getting married in November and I wanted to be free of the horrible acne that I was getting due to getting of the pill. Well, I saw her 3 more times after that and my skin got steadily worse and worse. I got wrinkles, my skin was constantly on fire, and acne actually increased. I can't tell you the names of all the products that she gave me....

I started using the Philosophy, on a clear day kit, about 3 weeks ago. My acne is gone and it has significantly change the texture of my skin. I'm mad because my skin did not look this good for my wedding!

I did have to buy the hope in jar mosturizer extra, but I love all of it.

Also, I did try to start the whole system all at once, 2 times a day, and paid for it... but I got into the groove and am feeling a whole lot better about my skin.