Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maxxie

Salmon giving me a cyst?

Hey guys

I havent had a cyst on my neck for about 4 months which is a little while after i started eating a healthier diet. Recently i started eating alot of salmon because its supposed to be good for the skin but it also has iodine so im not so sure. Ive been eating salmon nearly every day for about 2 weeks now and got a cyst on boxing day. At christmas i drank ALOT of juice because i was avoiding soft drink so i thought it was that but ive been avoiding juice since i found the cyst.

This is really annoying cos ive made a few lifestyle changes over the past month so i dont know what it is.What do you guys think?

It's possible. Salmon is strange to me, I hardly ever eat it but when I do I noticed my skin gets worse within 24 hours. It's not the iodine because I can eat full sheets of seaweed and have no problem. Perhaps consuming so many different types of foods confuses the digestive system. If you only just started eating Salmon maybe your body is getting used to processing Omega 3s or something else. I thought about the possibility of heavy metal toxicity in the fish but can that really be linked to acne? I don't think there's anything hormonal about excess mercury, as bad as it is.

In your case though i'd say it's the juice. "A LOT" is pretty significant when it comes to sugar.

If it is farmed salmon it may contain many toxins, which explain the break out. I have the same effect with farmed, not with wild.

it may be the fish

i always break out from unagi, japanese eel like fish

loaded with iodine i think

i ALWAYS get a few cysts the next morning even if i use benzoyl peroxide

i avoid it like the plague

Edited by malodrax

Ok im going to avoid salmon for probably a week or so and also stop taking fish oil supplements (i was on 6000mg) to see if that helps.

The cyst hasnt really changed since i got it but its really annoying me because i thought i was rid of these things!

Anyone no how i can speed up the healing?

Ok im going to avoid salmon for probably a week or so and also stop taking fish oil supplements (i was on 6000mg) to see if that helps.

The cyst hasnt really changed since i got it but its really annoying me because i thought i was rid of these things!

Anyone no how i can speed up the healing?

You know what heals mine up fast antioxidants, water and dabbing the head with sudocreme

Works wonders.

Edited by AdamDolce10

You know what heals mine up fast antioxidants, water and dabbing the head with sudocreme

Works wonders.

Thanks for the advice. I dont have sudocrem and dont know where to get it so do you reckon that any antiseptic cream would work. I already drink plenty of water and as far as antioxidants go i just ran out of blueberries but am going shopping tomorrow and hopefully will find some. I do have alot of lemon green tea (no sugar) which has antioxidants so i'll take to drinking that a couple of times a day.

They sell sudocreme everywhere pharmacy wise!!

Green tea has loads thats good!!

Yous hould eat olive oil with the same to help bing the omega 3 and stop the formation of free radicals which seems to be happening if salmon is giving you a cyst :S

@ Adam: i just used some regular antiseptic cream we had at home and it's working really well. My cyst has gone down noticeably already! So thanks for the advice.

I drink green tea all the time since i dont drink soft drink anymore and i rarely drink juice, so it's pretty much just green tea and water for me.

If sudocreme is like a UK thing i probs haven't heard of it cos i live in Australia.

Im pretty sure it's an international product but then again I could be wrong!!

What are you useing e45??

On the sudocreme container it says good for treating acne so I presume other antisceptics should be fine!