Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I havn't ever really become a part of this community before, and thought it would be a decent time to do so.

I am 20 years old, and I live in Sunny Southern California. I first started to get acne around the time I was 16 years old, and strangely I have never had REALLY bad acne. I used to get a lot of whiteheads, and I would just pick them away until I realized I had begun to get scars. I am a type of person who scars very easily, and years of picking my moderate acne with a few fairly bad breakouts have left me pretty scarred, and I am looking for ways to remove them. In some lights I can barely even see any scarring, but in the sunlight, and when shadows hit my face weird the scarring becomes very apparent and it makes me very self conscious. I avoid pictures a lot of the time, and I honestly feel that if I didn't have bad scarring I would be very attractive due to my good bone structure (with high cheek bones etc lol)

Even with the scars I have a decent social life, and a group of friends, but I am constantly aware of them and often find myself thinking about them in social situations. I also work outdoors, and have had some of the children I work with ask me what was wrong with my face, which i brush off, but it still hurts a little bit down inside.

I have attached some pictures of myself (with eyes blocked out so that I can remain anonymous just in case somebody I know ends up reading this)

Front:

post-103670-1262150087_thumb.jpg

Left:

post-103670-1262150110_thumb.jpg

Right (worst) :(

post-103670-1262150128_thumb.jpg

I'm just tired of the acne and scarring. I rarely get zits anymore, and what I wish more than anything is that I could go back and just not touch it. I also have never visited a dermatologist and I think if i had visited one back when i was 16 years old I would have been able to avoid this whole mess.

post-103670-1262150087_thumb.jpg

post-103670-1262150110_thumb.jpg

post-103670-1262150128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jimmy89

i feel for u man.. my scars are about 10x worse and i still have friends and a decent social life.. but its just not the same as it used to be..

hell, todays new years.. went out and got drunk.. then at 12 when everyone pairs up for theyre new years fun.. i get to leave and find a cab home.. living the fucking life eh..

Live your life and be glad you don't have acne anymore. The scars will fade more in time... and may even make you look ruggedly handsome as you get older... (look at Tommy Lee Jones or Ray Liotta!) Just don't let it get you down. SO many people have acne scars... even Brad Pitt has acne scars! (Seriously!)