Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silverangelx

Do you think Dan's regimen will work for me?

Okay so I started getting pimples around age 12... but around then, I didn't really care about them because I was a huge tomboy. (and still pretty much a kid) So my memories of this time was that my acne was pretty mild... but then I remembered that whenever I'd go to the doctor they'd always notice my acne and prescribe something.. and I never used that stuff.

Then around 14 and a half (I'm 15 and a half now) I started noticing I had like, five or six bumps on each cheek. And I wanted to get rid of them. So I bought a soap with 10% BP, a spot treatment with 10% BP, and a toner with 2% salicylic acid. I cleared up in about two weeks or so.They kept me relatively clear for three months, but then I just recently got a huge breakout (around 10 medium-sized zits on each cheek!) and I freaked out. It started off with just four zits, two on each cheek, and the breakout gradually got bigger and bigger no matter what I did.

So now school starts in 5 days and my breakout is still here.

I'd given up all hope. I tried a bunch of stuff that had been rated on this website, but then it occurred to me - why haven't I actually tried the regimen from the website?!

Considering my story, do you think Dan's regimen will work for me? I'm ready to try it:)

Also, did you have an initial breakout on the regimen? Will I? (considering I've been using products with BP already)

Another question: How long did shipping take?

Thanks so much:) I'm really excited about this.

The regime will probably work, if you follow it precisely, but it will likely take much longer than five days before you see results. I have not heard of many people suffering an initial breakout but you will find your skin takes a while to become accustomed to the BP. Dont be tempted to use to much BP in the early stages to clear up your skin faster as your skin needs to become use to it...the wait is more than worth it though...Good Luck!

Give it a go. And follow crichel's very good advice. Lots of people (including me) have had success with the regimen so there is no reason why you can't.

The likelihood of an initial breakout is different from person to person. I personally have never had them on any treatment or medication. Some people get really harsh IBs. I wouldn't say that it has anything to do with you having used BP already. Maybe that will help you get less of the initial irriation and redness while you skin adjusts though. IBs are caused when your skin is reacting to a treatment and any spots that you have waiting to come up are being pushed out quicker than usual, or at least thats how I understand it.

Shipping will depend on your location. You can select a shipping option when purchasing the products depending on your budget. They are very good at getting the products to you though. I live in the UK and it usually takes about a week from ordering to receiving which is very good!

The Regimen isn't a quick fix, but for a lot of people, it's a wonderful long-term treatment option. Five days definitely isn't long enough, though. Acne can take weeks (sometimes months) to form, so you need to stick with The Regimen (or any treatment that you try) for a few month to find out if it can help you, because the acne that you experience in those first weeks and months may very well have already been forming before you started the treatment.

A lot of people do purge early on in The Regimen. It can be frustrating and disappointing, but it's just part of the process. By the third month, the majority of Regimen users are staying consistently clear.

I'd suggest checking out the What To Expect page (I find that the time line for Moderate Acne is more realistic than the one for Mild Acne), and following the instructions precisely for best results. : )