Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lb2

Drug testing and blood tests

I'm on accutane and its also an accutane study so i don't have to pay for it. I get blood tests like every month or so and also pregnancy tests. I haven't been smoking because i was afraid that they were testing for drugs in my blood tests, but when i asked they told me they only test for sugar levels and cholesterol and things like that. Wouldn't they legally have to tell me if they were testing for drugs? I want to smoke, just once so don't yell at me for smoking!.. with my friend and i've been scared to, but i really don't think they're testing for that. Any opinions please??

I'm on accutane and its also an accutane study so i don't have to pay for it. I get blood tests like every month or so and also pregnancy tests. I haven't been smoking because i was afraid that they were testing for drugs in my blood tests, but when i asked they told me they only test for sugar levels and cholesterol and things like that. Wouldn't they legally have to tell me if they were testing for drugs? I want to smoke, just once so don't yell at me for smoking!.. with my friend and i've been scared to, but i really don't think they're testing for that. Any opinions please??

Go or it. Blood tests and drug tests are different tests.

Go or it. Blood tests and drug tests are different tests.

they're most likely not testing for dugs- that would be more work and money for them. accutane bloodtests are for health purposes like kidney functioning, cholesterol etc.- not drug testing. just be cautious smoking/drinking on accutane- your body may react differently. take it slow.

That's what I thought. Thanks both of you!

And don't worry, I'm not drinking at all and most likely only smoking once or twice throughout my course.

<3

I smoked every day during my 7 month course and was completely fine the entire time. I also drank 2-3 times a week and saw no additional side effects. Spark that blunt and eat some good food! :)