Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
playingcards1

chocolate-- peanut and acne

as all dermatologist say "food doesn't affect acne" but it seems that after I have a peanut butter sandwich or a reeses peanut butter cup or really anything sweet I get breakouts the next day.

Does this happen to anybody else or just me?

and the worst time is during the holidays (now) because of all the goodies :/

I eat a peanut butter sandwich every night, its not actually very sweet. Cant really say what affect it has had on acne dont think its a major negative one though. Now a reese peanut butter cup is completely different, loaded with tons of refined sugars which can easily cause a breakout.

Some members have noted that peanut butter causes them to break out, but it doesn't do it to everyone. The sugar in a piece of candy, however, is a common cause. I have found that chocolate is a major trigger for me. Some sugar doesn't really bother me, but if it involves chocolate I will definitely break out.

only nuts that I ever eat are raw almonds. nuts and nut butters increase my facial oil which=more breakouts

only nuts that I ever eat are raw almonds. nuts and nut butters increase my facial oil which=more breakouts

No they dont but the stuff that is added can!!

I eat 100% chocolate and all natural organic almond butter

Neither make me break out but if I eat a lot of sweet things at once I break out. So a couple pieces of milk chocolate does nothing but 4 Reese's cups will cause some damage.

I have endulged quite a big over Christmas... I have consumed way to many sweets and because of it my acne has come to a stall. I have been improving my lifestyle and am about 90% clear. But, recently, I have had more breakouts, a few whiteheads (never get whiteheads, never) because I have had a lot of sweets.

Refine sugars no doubt will cause breakouts.

Peanuts and chocolate? It depends. If you are allergic to these foods then they may cause breakouts.

If you are not allergic then you should be fine... maybe. Go for peanut butter that has one ingredient... peanuts. I just tried almond butter and LOVE IT. It has one ingredient... almonds. Buy spreads that are 100% pure.

For chocolate... Eat DARK chocolate. Chocolate has lots of antioxidants. But, due to the sugar, it is best to limit your intake. And, learn to like dark chocolate. I had to learn, but I now HATE milk chocolate, and LOVE dark chocolate. I enjoy 87% cocoa and probably love 100%. I have about 1/8 of a serving of chocolate when I eat it. I LOVE dark chocolate, know it has antioxidants but also know that too much is not good for you. So, a bite or 2 is perfect for one day. And, I don't eat it every day.

My 2 cents. May everyone have a wonderful new year!

P.S. I am here on these forums to help. So, anyone, feel free to send me a message if you wish.

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

I have endulged quite a big over Christmas... I have consumed way to many sweets and because of it my acne has come to a stall. I have been improving my lifestyle and am about 90% clear. But, recently, I have had more breakouts, a few whiteheads (never get whiteheads, never) because I have had a lot of sweets.

Peanuts and chocolate? It depends. If you are allergic to these foods then they may cause breakouts.

If you are not allergic then you should be fine... maybe. Go for peanut butter that has one ingredient... peanuts. I just tried almond butter and LOVE IT. It has one ingredient... almonds. Buy spreads that are 100% pure.

For chocolate... Eat DARK chocolate. Chocolate has lots of antioxidants. But, due to the sugar, it is best to limit your intake. And, learn to like dark chocolate. I had to learn, but I now HATE milk chocolate, and LOVE dark chocolate. I enjoy 87% cocoa and probably love 100%. I have about 1/8 of a serving of chocolate when I eat it. I LOVE dark chocolate, know it has antioxidants but also know that too much is not good for you. So, a bite or 2 is perfect for one day. And, I don't eat it every day.

P.S. I am here on these forums to help. So, anyone, feel free to send me a message if you wish.

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

Todd i eat almond butter everyday its way nicer i get the biona organic one with just the one ingredient as well!

I dont eat chocolate at all but i might put some raw cocoa powder in my oatmeal from time to time!

Its really good for acne because its the number one antioxidant fruit in the world!!

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

Todd i eat almond butter everyday its way nicer i get the biona organic one with just the one ingredient as well!

I dont eat chocolate at all but i might put some raw cocoa powder in my oatmeal from time to time!

Its really good for acne because its the number one antioxidant fruit in the world!!

Where did you hear that cocoa is the number one antioxidant fruit in the world? What about blueberries?

And yes, I agree almond butter is real nicer. I enjoy it way more than peanut butter now. What do you eat it with? Do you eat a PBJ sandwich?

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

hey, do you know if taking up 50,000 IU of afaxin everyday OK? PLS HELP. i have been doing it for 2 years & i am still alive. Will I be dead this year 2010 of I continue doing it? I also rarely eat pork, chicken & beef and I volunteer every 3 months for blood letting & I smudged myself with Retin A every night.. Am I doing dangerous regimen? Pls reply. Only the Retin A can be vouched by the dermatologist's advice. My regimen does cleared up my face & Im 22 now. 6_6

Peanut butter is the one dietary thing that I've found that I'm absolutely sure directly effects my acne. Peanut butter causes awful breakouts for me, within a week after consuming it I usually have the worse breakouts. It really sucks because I adore peanut butter, I can eat a whole jar in a day :) But since I've discovered this link, I haven't consumed peanut butter in over a year :( Maybe I'm allergic or something? I don't know. Nothing else that I consume causes acne quite like peanut butter for me.

Peanuts are a very common food allergy so maybe that's the problem?

I would think the sugar in chocolate would be the problem unless you have a chocolate allergy. And if you get peanut butter with sugar, the sugar could be the acne trigger rather than the peanuts itself. It all depends on if you have a food allergy vs sugar triggering acne.