Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goodlife

Vitamin C

Can anyone recommend me a vitamin c product to apply to my skin? I have been looking for a serum or cream but I am not sure what product is the most suitable.

Thanks.

I too am interested to see whether there are any vitamin C products that people would recommend. I recently bought some vitamin C serum (20%) from this seller on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT but haven't received it yet, so can't comment on its effectiveness. I'll let you know what I think once it's here though, if you like. But I'll be using it in conjunction with dermarolling and vitamin A topicals, along with taking various supplements.

Sorry to butt into your thread goodlife, :shifty: but this seems a good place to ask another question I had in mind... I was wondering if anyone could tell me how often vitamin C should be applied, should it be every morning and night?

have you ever tried eating the vitamin? i used to take 500mg of vitamin C every day.

- maybe because i stopped taking it, i started breaking out? :o im heading to the store right now!

p.s. i used to take these orange flavored chews from the GNC store.

Have you guys tried taking a vitamin C tablet, crushing it, add some water, and putting it on your face??

I do that ^^

Edited by Funky_Boy

Avalon organics vitamin c face wash, apple cider vinegar, diluted, on a cotton ball, as a toner, and any sort of lotion that contains honey.

I too am interested to see whether there are any vitamin C products that people would recommend. I recently bought some vitamin C serum (20%) from this seller on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT but haven't received it yet, so can't comment on its effectiveness. I'll let you know what I think once it's here though, if you like. But I'll be using it in conjunction with dermarolling and vitamin A topicals, along with taking various supplements.

Just an update to say that I received this serum last week and so far, it seems perfectly fine. It's quite a watery consistency but that makes it easier to rub in I think. I think I'll be trying some more vitamin C serums from elsewhere in the future, just for comparative purposes, but I see no reason why I won't stick with this particular serum in the meantime. It's fairly inexpensive, hasn't broken me out, and my skin has been softer lately, although I have been using it in conjunction with vitamin A and E cream.

The thought did cross my mind, and I suppose I can never know for sure. However, I did check out the seller's feedback and they're at 100% with a number of repeat customers it seems. So I get the feeling it's legit, although of course there's a chance I may be wrong. I am sceptical about buying from ebay, so for that reason I still would like to try other serums to see how they compare, but for the most part I don't think this is a knock off. I'm actually quite suspicious that a lot of the companies out there are simply charging extortionate prices for something that needn't cost such a fortune.