Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s.m.

selfish manic's accutane log

day 39:

10mg

still have random break outs.

painful sucker on the right side of my nose.

dry skin chapped lips

please let this work

Hey there. Good luck with the course, although I see you've been on it a little while. Is your dose going to go up soon? Any pictures?

Hey there. Good luck with the course, although I see you've been on it a little while. Is your dose going to go up soon? Any pictures?

The severity of my breakouts are lessening, but i still encounter random breakouts. I'll stick with the 10mg for the remainder of the course. If i don't see the drastic remission I'll up the dosage to 20 mg.

Edited by s.m.

Day 45:

Tiny pimple near chin.

Overall complexion improving.

Blood in mucus.

Hair seems to be growing at a slower rate.

Day 51:

No new cyst. One new jawline pimple. cyst on my nose has heeled. It left behind a weird thing of dry skin that goes in my pore. Currently ighting temptation to pick. I have developed dry skin on the back of my hands. Of course i had to scratch, now it's a rash.

Day 56:

:dance:

No new cyst, no new pimples ! Old pimples are slowly fading. That big cyst that was on my nose a week ago is healing up just a little discoloration there.

Crossing my fingers and hoping that this nightmare is finally coming to an end.

Here's to an update in the not so distant future claiming the same, but with even clearer skin to report. :ninja:

Edit: Rash on the back of my hands are gone.

Edit #2: I have been experiencing constant aches (back/shoulders) for the duration of the course which i haven't reported on earlier. It is bearable but a nuisance all the same.

Edited by s.m.

day 67:

2 cyst developed by my temples since my last post. Both drained within 2 days now they 're just little red spots. Skin is looking amazing besides that fact. I tihnk the Accutane is just pushing eveything out. This may actually work. (Fingers crossed)

P.S. Had a great weekend. Caught a girl checking me out at subways that hasn't happened in quite a bit .

P.S.S. Back felt horrible pain waking up this morning. Subsided by the time i got to work.

Edited by s.m.

Day 93:

I'm clear ! The scars and red marks are still apparent if my memory serves correct i haven't had a pimple in 2 weeks.

Extremely fearful of acne after course .....=/

pictures one and two taken on 1/03

pictures three and four taken on 2/20

post-119196-1266696163_thumb.png

post-119196-1266696189_thumb.png

post-119196-1266696208_thumb.png

post-119196-1266696224_thumb.png

post-119196-1266696163_thumb.png

post-119196-1266696189_thumb.png

post-119196-1266696208_thumb.png

post-119196-1266696224_thumb.png

Edited by s.m.

Do you remember what it was like the first few weeks?

reduced oil production from skin for the first few weeks.

59 kg

168 cm

10 mg

26 y.o. male

missing my nightly glasses of wine :/

Edited by s.m.

Day 56:

No new cyst, no new pimples ! Old pimples are slowly fading. That big cyst that was on my nose a week ago is healing up just a little discoloration there.

Here's to an update in the not so distant future claiming the same, but with even clearer skin to report. :ninja:

Edit #2: I have been experiencing constant aches (back/shoulders) for the duration of the course which i haven't reported on earlier. It is bearable but a nuisance all the same.

Funny that you should mention back and shoulder pain. I am only on Day 7 but for the last three days if feels as though I have slept terribly wrong. Sooooo much tension in my neck...but a small price to pay for clear skin :dance:

I would like to know if and when the shoulder/back pain subsides

Good luck to you!!

Day 56:

Funny that you should mention back and shoulder pain. I am only on Day 7 but for the last three days if feels as though I have slept terribly wrong. Sooooo much tension in my neck...but a small price to pay for clear skin :dance:

I would like to know if and when the shoulder/back pain subsides

Good luck to you!!

Unfortunately it never did. The pain is so common to me now i hardly notice it. Plus I'm on a lower then recommended dosage. Due to my dosage i think my side effects are greatly understated.

I have also found that soreness does intensify after exercise.

Though the slight pain is persistent, it hasn't drove me to take medication for it.

I hope it is bearable for you as it was for me .

Best of luck on your course !!

Edited by s.m.

Day: 101

Took a 4 day road trip with friends.Lots of drinking and recreational marijuana use. Way too many cars/trailers spinning out, flipping in front of us on our way there. Drove through the heart of the storm and made horrible time.

Regardless i had an awesome trip. Saw many old friends and met many new friends.

Now down to the nitty gritty. I took my medication at irregular times through out my trip. I was attempting to time the drug/alcohol intake to not correlate with my accutane digestion ... don't think it quite worked as planned. I got super drunk off 3 beers and the experience was borderline psychedelic to say the least. All in all everything worked out i didn't pass out i didn't have to go to the e.r. and I'm still clear after the whole adventure .

Edited by s.m.

day: 103

my lips split open this morning the upper lip split aligns perfectly with my lower lip split ugh .....i prob look std ridden

Day 110:

Still Clear !

Missed my dosage on the 5th and 6th of march. Started again on sunday the 7th.

Beginning to feel more optimistic and confident about the end of course.

Day: 123

small pimple by temple gone

huge b-day weekends last week and the week before, lots of drinking.

sore throat 2 weeks straight.....nightmares past 4 nights.

Day: 154

still clear , missed dosage for all of last week, starting up again tonight.

drinking and accutane doesn't fair well for my body.

only a few more pills left i tihnk maybe enough for 2 months ?

optimistic and happy about my skin

seems like it may not come back :surprised: