Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much Vitamin A should I take to slowly get rid of my acne? I don't want to have heaps a day. How about 25 000IU?

I honestly do not know but I am going to move this to the Vitamin sub forum. You'll receive more answers there. =)

I think that 10,000 IU would be a good amount for everyday use. At 25,000 , that is at risk for an overdose of vitamin a. A good way to start would be take 25,000 IU everyday for two weeks and the rest just 10,000 IU. That is just my personal opinion though.

I think that 10,000 IU would be a good amount for everyday use. At 25,000 , that is at risk for an overdose of vitamin a. A good way to start would be take 25,000 IU everyday for two weeks and the rest just 10,000 IU. That is just my personal opinion though.

Thanks Warrior of Acne, at least someone replied.

Edited by Mumble

I just came back from the local supermarket (Woolworths) and they don't sell Vitamin A!!! They sell all the other sort of supplements, so I went to the chemist and it's closed!!! Due to 'holiday's, lol. So I'll go there tomorrow or Wednesday and have a look if they sell it. :wall:

Too much Vitamin A will lead to toxicity. This also depends on the quality of the product. Make sure you take Vitamin A with B2 to ensure proper absorption and also to decrease your chances of toxicity. I would opt for cod liver oil, this also had Vit d and EFA's. All good but the taste lol!

Does 8000IU seem to work? What type of acne do you have? The tablets sizes Ive only seen come in 5000IU.

I bought Cod Liver Oil people by the way, because I couldn't find Vitamin A by itself. Cod Liver Oil contains Vitamin A anyway, and Vitamin D and Omega 3.

hi mumble,

if OZ is like NZ, you will have a hard time finding vitamins at the high dosages you are looking for at the grocers or even at the chemist. for some reason, vitamin D is incredibly hard to find here in NZ at the higher dosages. :confused: so i have to order some of my vitamins from the states. you may have to try that route. good luck!

Edited by kiwi_kazoo

Fisrt post at acne.org! I actually registered to drop by and comment on this post! :dance:

My experince with vitamin A:

ITS THE BEST VITAMIN I HAVE EVER TAKEN FOR ACNE!!!

I have been taking 32,000 UI a day (4 8000 IU pills a day; 2 in the morning 2 at night) for about three weeks now. I will continue taking it in this amount for another week and then lower the dosage to 10,000 IU. I have been having pretty good results. For the first time in years my forehead is completely clear. I have stopped getting pimples on my chest and my back entirely as well. as for my face, I still have a few active whiteheads (probably because of all the crap i ate during christmas). The most noticeable thing though is that my skin feels so smooth instead of the usual lumpy texture. I still have horrible hyperpigmentation though. I love vitamin A! I hope it keeps working! As for the brand, Im currenly using Nature Made 8000 IU pills. When they run out i will buy some 10,000 IU pills i saw at GNC. (way cheaper and higher dosage) I have always had good experiences with GNC products.

I urge you to try it. The only thing i regret is that I kept putting it off for so long (I have been hearing about using vitamin A to treat acne for months now :wall: )

Edited by red2528

I wanted to try Vitamin A, but the two major supplement brands in Australia that sell it (Nature's Own and Blackmores), there Vitamin A contains peanut oil, and I'm allergic to Peanut oil. :(